Team Goelz: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Eleven Open Brainstorming

kmbmw777

Another thing we could do would be to make a new build in Lauch bay, and extend the Hollywood Motif. Also, what if for one scene, we got to choose what happens next ala Horizons. Majority rules?
I could dig that. Both ways. Honestly I like ur location more as it fits better with the theming of the the movie. Build the Hollywood Inn (not to be confused with the Hollywood Hotel)

Snoopy

Another thing we could do would be to make a new build in Lauch bay, and extend the Hollywood Motif. Also, what if for one scene, we got to choose what happens next ala Horizons. Majority rules?

That would be an interesting way of doing it. There's plenty of room now that the backlot studio areas have been removed. A retheme of the former Animation Courtyard into a hilly, suburban area would be a nice touch and compliment both Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards.

The Horizons "choose your own" scene would be cool. :) Maybe updated from buttons to touch screens like Spaceship Earth?

kmbmw777

That would be an interesting way of doing it. There's plenty of room now that the backlot studio areas have been removed. A retheme of the former Animation Courtyard into a hilly, suburban area would be a nice touch and compliment both Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards.

The Horizons "choose your own" scene would be cool. :) Maybe updated from buttons to touch screens like Spaceship Earth?
I don;t think installing a touchscreen is too creative for the ride. What i suggest is...
A giant lever in the middle of your cart? Nah
Maybe a smartphone app in which u scan a QR code of sorts to vote. But thats kinda boring too

Snoopy

I know it was kind of split down the middle between Bedtime Stories and Chicken Little, so since the project is due soon perhaps we should have another vote.

My vote is for Bedtime Stories, if only for the fact that we're been brainstorming it more.

kmbmw777

I know it was kind of split down the middle between Bedtime Stories and Chicken Little, so since the project is due soon perhaps we should have another vote.

My vote is for Bedtime Stories, if only for the fact that we're been brainstorming it more.
Me too and I'd like to start soon

Snoopy

As for Universal, I'm fine with After Earth but I think at this point everyone else is too. ;)

So how did we want to do this project? Did we want to split it up and have half the team do one ride and another half do the other ride?

kmbmw777

As for Universal, I'm fine with After Earth but I think at this point everyone else is too. ;)

So how did we want to do this project? Did we want to split it up and have half the team do one ride and another half do the other ride?
I am honestly indifferent how we actually do the work. I like to make it seem that way for the presentation tho.

Magic Feather

I also vote for Bedtime Stpries, and already have an idea as to how load/unload would go (using a modified versions of the ET ride system). Guests enter one of four load/unload rooms where a "bed" is. It has three rows, with a canopy over it. A ceiling covers any mechanics. Once boarded the ceiling slides away, as the cart is lifted up on an elevator lift onto the track.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Alright, this nomination process has been truly difficult and filled with technicalities worked into the game mechanics, so bare with me. Looking over the thread, the actual nominees would have been...@Basketbuddy101 and @DisneyManOne. Of course, this posses some...complications due to Basketbuddy and DisneyMan both being in possession of the Diamond PoMVP. With that in mind, I'm pulling both of them OFF of the nomination block.

By opening the Vault and getting the Fastpass, Magic Feather is also safe. I just went through the brainstorming thread from last project to determine that Pi put in a majority of the work and therefore gets this round's regular PoMVP...He is safe. Therefore for the first time in SYWTBAI history, we have nominated decided entirely by default. Snoopy and KMB are the only two people valid to be nominated. This is an especially weird situation considering Snoopy and KMB have been two of the biggest contributors this past round and would not have been nominated under any other circumstance.

Instead of a vote, I'm going to issue a challenge that the two of you must complete by the deadline of this project. It's very simple...design a C Ticket attraction based on a terrible movie. Either for Disney or Universe. Grading will be done exclusively by myself under the usual grading rubric with the exception of team work, lowest scoring of the two goes home in a historic moment in the game's history no matter how it shakes out.

DisneyManOne

I'll happily work on the Bedtime Stories side of things. I could work out a possible ride-through. I can easily see a use of screens, practical effects, SFX and other stuff. I picture this to be Peter Pan's Flight on steroids, basically.

Basketbuddy101

Apologies for the lack of activity. Work has consumed a great deal of my life. I probably deserve elimination. With that said, I am fully determined to not quit on this team for the rest of the season, regardless of whether or not I win or lose, and for that reason, I'm going to ask that the group vote for After Earth as our ride for Universal. I already have some ideas, and I think I can get the project done by the deadline. I don't mind pulling double duty to get it done, but if anyone has any contributions that they want to provide for it, I'd be most grateful!

kmbmw777

Apologies for the lack of activity. Work has consumed a great deal of my life. I probably deserve elimination. With that said, I am fully determined to not quit on this team for the rest of the season, regardless of whether or not I win or lose, and for that reason, I'm going to ask that the group vote for After Earth as our ride for Universal. I already have some ideas, and I think I can get the project done by the deadline. I don't mind pulling double duty to get it done, but if anyone has any contributions that they want to provide for it, I'd be most grateful!
I will be happy to work on After Earth
Alright, this nomination process has been truly difficult and filled with technicalities worked into the game mechanics, so bare with me. Looking over the thread, the actual nominees would have been...@Basketbuddy101 and @DisneyManOne. Of course, this posses some...complications due to Basketbuddy and DisneyMan both being in possession of the Diamond PoMVP. With that in mind, I'm pulling both of them OFF of the nomination block.

By opening the Vault and getting the Fastpass, Magic Feather is also safe. I just went through the brainstorming thread from last project to determine that Pi put in a majority of the work and therefore gets this round's regular PoMVP...He is safe. Therefore for the first time in SYWTBAI history, we have nominated decided entirely by default. Snoopy and KMB are the only two people valid to be nominated. This is an especially weird situation considering Snoopy and KMB have been two of the biggest contributors this past round and would not have been nominated under any other circumstance.

Instead of a vote, I'm going to issue a challenge that the two of you must complete by the deadline of this project. It's very simple...design a C Ticket attraction based on a terrible movie. Either for Disney or Universe. Grading will be done exclusively by myself under the usual grading rubric with the exception of team work, lowest scoring of the two goes home in a historic moment in the game's history no matter how it shakes out.
@Snoopy, best of luck. I shall use Great Gatsby for my attraction. (Idk if we had to proclaim it)

kmbmw777

Are these due tomorrow?

kmbmw777

Yes, they should be up right around the time the main project is due though I'll allow about an hour or so leeway to put finishing touches on your individual projects if you need the time.
All right. I'm seeing a musical late tomorrow so mine will hopefully be done tonight.

My school is hosting "Catch me if you Can."

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
All right. I'm seeing a musical late tomorrow so mine will hopefully be done tonight.

My school is hosting "Catch me if you Can."

If everyone else is okay with it I wouldn't mind extending the deadline for both the main project and the two individaul projects another 24 hours to Saturday at 11:59 PM Eastern. This is a truly unprecedented circumstance in the game and I want to give everyone involved as fair of a shot as possible. :)

kmbmw777

If everyone else is okay with it I wouldn't mind extending the deadline for both the main project and the two individaul projects another 24 hours to Saturday at 11:59 PM Eastern. This is a truly unprecedented circumstance in the game and I want to give everyone involved as fair of a shot as possible. :)
That would be lovely for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom