Team Goelz: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Eight Open Brainstorming

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
We could also always go more fantasy with it.

The Enchanted Forest Campground

Or something like that.

Even Neverland Campground. Mermaid Lagoon swimming hole. Plus Pirate Lagoon Swimming hole that could feature slides and stuff. Pixie Hollow playground. A mix of natural beauty and Disney magic.

Basketbuddy101

We could also always go more fantasy with it.

The Enchanted Forest Campground

Or something like that.

Even Neverland Campground. Mermaid Lagoon swimming hole. Plus Pirate Lagoon Swimming hole that could feature slides and stuff. Pixie Hollow playground. A mix of natural beauty and Disney magic.
I'm a sucker for Peter Pan. The only problem with this is that Disney already had a Peter Pan-themed swimming pool. Still, it's very tempting. Maybe we could theme it after other properties though.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I'm a sucker for Peter Pan. The only problem with this is that Disney already had a Peter Pan-themed swimming pool. Still, it's very tempting. Maybe we could theme it after other properties though.

Not trying to sway the direction of the project one way or another, just want to chime in with how much hardcore nostalgia I have for the Neverland Pool! Hands down one of the coolest features Disney has ever designed for a hotel.
neverland_publicity2005disney.jpg

JokersWild

I totally would be down for Peter Pan. Or something less obvious like Peter Pan. Fantasy could be super interesting, but I think that we should be careful to not make it like a woodsy Fantasyland.

I think we could do some super cool hiking trails with cave systems and the like. Almost like a highly-themed Tom Sawyer island on steroids.

I'd also like to suggest a tree tops ropes course. Could be a really cool Lost Boys attraction, should we go with Peter Pan

MANEATINGWREATH

Not trying to sway the direction of the project one way or another, just want to chime in with how much hardcore nostalgia I have for the Neverland Pool! Hands down one of the coolest features Disney has ever designed for a hotel.

Oh man, I had dreams of visiting that pool when I was a kid. Alas, by the time my family finally stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, it had been converted to the retro monorail thing... Still fun, but not as fun as I would have liked. ;)

Just saying... I know the Disneyland Hotel has the whole "retro" Disneyland theme to it, but keeping the Neverland Pool would have worked just fine with the inclusion of Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar and the Tangaroa Terrace next door...

Snoopy

And the inspiration for the first discussion board that you and I ever did together ;)

As for the campground... I'll just throw this out here, the Disneyland Hotel's original RV park Vacationland was wilderness-themed.

otherlands_vacation.jpg

The popularity of Vacationland is why Fort Wilderness was created in the first place. If we wanted to go retro, we have an easy way to do it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
And the inspiration for the first discussion board that you and I ever did together ;)

As for the campground... I'll just throw this out here, the Disneyland Hotel's original RV park Vacationland was wilderness-themed.

otherlands_vacation.jpg

The popularity of Vacationland is why Fort Wilderness was created in the first place. If we wanted to go retro, we have an easy way to do it.
There are few people on the planet that love fort wilderness more than I do, but i personally would vote we do something more different. Whether it's the Neverland or Enchanted Forest or even just a National Park type theme. We aren't being judged against another team, so I don't think we need to be worried as much about easiest or most realistic. But that's just my opinion. Like I said, I adore Fort Wilderness and would not be opposed to something like that if that is what we decide

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I totally would be down for Peter Pan. Or something less obvious like Peter Pan. Fantasy could be super interesting, but I think that we should be careful to not make it like a woodsy Fantasyland.

I think we could do some super cool hiking trails with cave systems and the like. Almost like a highly-themed Tom Sawyer island on steroids.

I'd also like to suggest a tree tops ropes course. Could be a really cool Lost Boys attraction, should we go with Peter Pan
A giant Tom Sawyer Island type place that's also a campground is exactly what I was l icturing in my head! Something that is like equal parts Fantasyland and Adventureland.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
One of the Creator's Games projects was to redesign and update Fort Wilderness. I'm not suggesting we copy it, but it mo fit be a helpful reference for us looking at whatworked and what didn't.
Team Drax Proudly Presents...
Disney's Critter Country Campground

Created By @RMichael21 @Pionmycake @Magic Feather @IAmNotAHufflepuff @Angels and Disney's @DlpPhantom @David2319 @kmbmw777 @DSquared @AdventurerEllie and @orlando678- --- With Coaches @MANEATINGWREATH and @Sam4D23

"For your second challenge, Team Drax will design a complete revival of the abandoned River Country water park, along with a refurbishment of the Fort Wilderness resort/campground area and must creatively find a way to incorporate Dog With A Blog into their project"

Team Drax is thrilled to present the complete re-imagining of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Disney's Critter Country Campground will be a completely pet-friendly, critter-inspired resort, with new amenities and experiences being catered to families with dogs, cats and critters alike. With six different themed cabin areas, a re-imagined River Country named "Geyser River", and refurbished amenities, the newly revitalized Disney's Critter Country Campground will give guests a classic Walt Disney World experience, but at a modern standard. In addition, a state-of-the-art pet kennel, named Pet Pointe, will allow guests to drop their pets off either for the day (if you stay at a pet-friendly cabin at Disney's Critter Country Campground, your pets can come back to the cabin for the night!) or for the duration of your vacation should you stay at one of Disney's other resort hotels or in a pet un-friendly cabin at the campground.

Now where's "Dog With A Blog", you may ask? When given the daunting task of incorporating the Disney Channel sitcom "Dog With A Blog" into their project, team members decided that rather than shove the show into the actual resort in an inappropriate place, we would creatively incorporate the property into our presentation.

So, we contacted Stan from "Dog With A Blog" and he told us that him and the rest of his family were heading to Florida for a Walt Disney World Resort vacation at the newly-opened Disney's Critter Country Campground. We asked if he could write daily blog posts on his blog and he loved the idea! In fact, he created an all new division of his blog. So, click the link below to check it out!

www.dogwithatravelblog.weebly.com

Thanks for reading!
Session 2- Concept Creation Challenge Reviews!
Got Awesome Mix Vol. 1 playing in the background, ready to go through what's sure to be a super fun set of projects (after all, when there's DWAB, it's gonna be sick:cool::D), as well as looking forward to some hopefully really strong and close competition! So let's get to it!

Team Drax:
-Love the introduction! The new name of the area is very fun, and the premise seems to be well thought out and promising so far- as in, it adds to the current concept with a few new neat ideas but isn't completely reinventing it to the point where it's an overly complex change- let's hope the rest of the project holds up! ;) :D
-Very creative use of DWAB! It was very clear in your brainstorming PM how you really took the disadvantage as rather a new opportunity to have fun with a unique Imagineering challenge. I love the direction you ended up going in with DWAB (The website is excellent and makes for a very fun presentation! I started cracking up at the comments and I've never even seen the show:hilarious:), and the idea of it seemed to seek into your actual concept of making it very animal friendly which is a very cool thing, so awesome work there!
-As much as I loved this presentation style, some of it I have to admit though was a bit odd to read :p Like for example Stan finding it weird how they were in cabins, Avery thinking some slides were too short...it reals almost like the concept was being critiqued by itself.
-Pet Pointe is a nice addition. As someone with a dog, it can be a bit hard to plan a trip over night with not always having somewhere for him to be, so I would definitely love to see something like this.
-The part about having special sensors to sense doggie menaces doesn't seem to be something that would work all that well. Granted, I'm being nitpicky focusing on this one thing, but it seems pretty impractical to set up and have work, and not only that very expensive for system that really doesn't help the way menaces would have to be cleaned up now.
-Don't think I mentioned this yet, but nice touches with custom art/maps/logos!
-While I like the concept of a peaceful relaxation spring for Geyser River in theory, I don't really know how well that would work in execution. Any area really can be like that, the problem is crowds- when a new water park is opening (despite the rebranding from not like the other water parks), people will be flocking to it (especially with all of the new high quality rides there) and it will not really be what I would call relaxing I don't think.
-I like the different new water rides, but some of it could have been explained a lot more. For example in Cavern Creek having "glowing ceiling and special effects" in the caves doesn't really mean much to me because I don't really know what experience this is supposed to create/its significance. Now I'm only really picking on the negatives though, other than that it was very well designed and full of cool concepts.
-Adopting dogs from local shelters is nice, though having a special show where they do tricks doesn't really sound like it would be the most captivating thing to a lot of guests...nor would I imagine it's incredibly practical to do so.
-The Hoop Dee Doo Revue update sounds nice! It keeps eeps the character of the old one, which is good. I'm sure plenty of people would miss the old one, but it definitely could use an update.
-Everything on Day 5 with the loops is nice (plus the Stan narration was funny:D:p). The theming here definitely would upgrade Ft. Wilderness/Critter Country Campground to be much more of a destination to check out on your trip if you aren't staying there as walking around could be an attraction on its own.
-Overall this was a really solid project! I won't hide that it did have some faults here and there, but on the whole I think it was really well done and CCC would make a very nice Ft Wilderness overhaul.

Team Baby Groot:

-Once again, I feel like I need to be opening this with how impressed I am with the logos and artwork:jawdrop::D I always love seeing this, and they really make the project look much more professional!
-The audio narration was very unique and cool! Very first of its kind for a presentation! Though I have to be honest, as cool of an idea it was, it could have been modified a bit as it didn't really flow well having to sit and listen to the audio and then having to wait to read the page :p Just a silly nitpick though....Seriously, the effort in this is incredible. (Plus the Fronteirland esque music in the background was fun!).
-Also looks like RCT3 creations? Very nice!
-The backstory is very fun, I especially like how you tied it in with Splash Mountain lore (I too am a Splash Mountain nerd @Brer Oswald :hilarious::D)
-I don't know if I love parking at TTC. Parking there to go to MK can be a bit annoying on its own, and adding this in there could make it more hectic without a large revamp of the TTC (plus, I'm not too sure on this, but how this would affect the parking capacity is something that should be looked at). On the other hand, it might be cool in the way the train ride can set up the adventure similarly to how the boat/monorail does for MK.
-I really like the idea of incorporating MyMagic+ technology into a modern water park like this, like in Natures Wonderland trails, but the details of this weren't really explained. I feel like that was a missed opportunity not to talk about this more and make it a focal point rather than simply mention it as this could have been a really great way to get creative and push the boundaries.
-I like having the lounge chairs on grass. And make sure it's really grass, not this annoying fake Florida crab grass I have to deal with:cautious:
-As you go through each section, in particular Copper Creek's Gone Fishing', I can't help but find myself preoccupied that the amount of land this place would take up. These natural vistas would look incredible, but it just seems so huge, and I can't really get a good grip of the proportions from the map. Not to mention the insane amount of rock work needed just for a water park...While it sounds like an amazing place to go, in order to flesh out everything that's describes, it also does sound a bit unrealistic.
-The night show is a cool addition for the water park, although possibly a bit unnecessary as I doubt the nighttime in the park will be that populated. That said it sounds very fun, lighthearted and exciting. The premise reminds me of the Tree of Life awakenings but with a nice twist!
-The Jamboree Junction is very well done, I really like the work put into the golf course and Tall Timber inn. It does circle a bit back to my worry of it being a little too expansive, but ignoring that these are really cool ideas that fans would eat up!
-Like you said on the last page, it ties into Fronteirland very well and I really like that a lot! I've always wanted a resort for each of the main MK lands:cat:
-Overall another great project, it's clear once again you guys really put your heart into it, and while it's not perfect, there is a lot of really cool things about it, from presentation to concept.

Phew...and there's another set of reviews done!:D Great projects to all, this was very fun! And now, it's time for me and @Voxel to discuss who we think the winners should be, and they will then receive the advantage in the next CC challenge next session. And trust me when I say this is going to be a really close and tough decision:bookworm:
Going live with part one of our project two coverage in about 20 minutes!

JokersWild

otherlands_vacation.jpg

I'm not against this idea, but I think that it might be good to stay away from a generic forest theme. I personally just think that it's too obvious.

I really like the Peter Pan angle we're taking. Could make for some interesting set pieces.

What about SEA? We could take that literally anywhere, and would allow us to do so much with cave systems, and trails and the like.

mharrington

Perhaps, as a nod to history, we could have a pirate ship and Skull Rock, like so:
pirate.jpg

However, instead of the ship being a restaurant, it will be an exploration area for kids, full of water slides and such.

kmbmw777

Perhaps, as a nod to history, we could have a pirate ship and Skull Rock, like so:
pirate.jpg

However, instead of the ship being a restaurant, it will be an exploration area for kids, full of water slides and such.
We could have Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan inspired walking trails. Imagine witnessing a battle between Jack Sparrow and Cap Hook!

mickeyfan5534

You take a mental health day and you miss on two whole pages! Ok. I like the idea of a Fantasy Forest or Neverland style. There's cool ideas with explorable caves and pirate ships. It seems like we're agreed on some Fantasy IP idea though.

kmbmw777

You take a mental health day and you miss on two whole pages! Ok. I like the idea of a Fantasy Forest or Neverland style. There's cool ideas with explorable caves and pirate ships. It seems like we're agreed on some Fantasy IP idea though.
I think we should avoid the term "fantasy" in our title tho. "Magical" or "Mystical" or "Enchanted" or "Dream" etc may be more appropriate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom