Team Cap: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Four Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Yup! I'm a college programer working in Main Street Ice Cream Parlor. I'm actually currently on break sitting where we are talking about building! I remember you talking about your time as cast on your video reviews before I think. You worked in fronteirland, right?

I didn't know @TrevorA was cast too! Where do you work?

I worked at Rancho del Zocalo Mexican Restaurante in Frontierland from February to July of 2015. From August 2015 to March of 2016 I worked at Indiana Jones Adventure and Main Street U.S.A. Guest Control. It was my dream to be a skipper, but too many complications arose before I could make my way over there. :p Now I'm at Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour. :D

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
MK, just like you! Do you drive to work, or you gotta take the...

*thunderclap*

Transtar?

---TrevorA
Lol, I drive usually. I'm trying to get in the habit of taking the bus to save gas money haha. Are taking transtar?

And I meant to expand the current cinema space out back to make some space. We wont need a huuuuuge queue space for a C-Ticket like they need for Great Movie Ride though. Especially since a movie from 1903 won't be a huuuge draw lol.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
Lol, I drive usually. I'm trying to get in the habit of taking the bus to save gas money haha. Are taking transfer?

Nah dawg, I'm not a CP. I do give free rides sometimes to the poor people waiting at that bus stop though!

And I meant to expand the current cinema space out back to make some space. We wont need a huuuuuge queue space for a C-Ticket like they need for Great Movie Ride though. Especially since a movie from 1903 won't be a huuuge draw lol.

Makes perfect sense. Now we just have one more problem to solve: your ride and my walkway are in the same place at the same time.

---TrevorA

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Nah dawg, I'm not a CP. I do give free rides sometimes to the poor people waiting at that bus stop though!

Makes perfect sense. Now we just have one more problem to solve: your ride and my walkway are in the same place at the same time.

---TrevorA
You're a saint giving rides lol.

And I was thinking cutting the bypass off at the side street halfway down mainstreet.
Like this: (blue is ride. Red is expo)
76Q1FYR.jpg

We sacrifice the complete bypass, but it still works as a permanent half bypass. I'm open to other ideas though.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
^ Works for me. I want to post my write-up for the World's Fair Section tonight, but I still don't have a grasp on the direction we want to go with it. If it's my job to figure that out, then I guess I should get to work!

---TrevorA

kmbmw777

You're a saint giving rides lol.

And I was thinking cutting the bypass off at the side street halfway down mainstreet.
Like this: (blue is ride. Red is expo)
76Q1FYR.jpg

We sacrifice the complete bypass, but it still works as a permanent half bypass. I'm open to other ideas though.
I like it. Could we have the bypass go ober the theater in theory? If not that's fine?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
^ Works for me. I want to post my write-up for the World's Fair Section tonight, but I still don't have a grasp on the direction we want to go with it. If it's my job to figure that out, then I guess I should get to work!

---TrevorA
I mean, the only direction I can think of is turn of the century innoventions. Interactive exhibits and small games themed to turn of the century invention. It can be more grounded and realistic/educational. It can be more over the top retro sci-Fi Joules Verne Steam Punk.

You got some freedom here to do more or less what you want.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I like it. Could we have the bypass go ober the theater in theory? If not that's fine?
We could, but I think we'd lose more points for the stairs than we would for cutting the bypass in half. I'm open to the idea though.

We could have the queue for the Trip to the Moon take you upstairs into the "projector room" and then start the ride on the second floor. That would allow the bypass to be untouched because we'd go over it. And give us more queue space since we could use the second floor of main street and spread out.

Would you guys rather do that?

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
We could have the queue for the Trip to the Moon take you upstairs into the "projector room" and then start the ride on the second floor. That would allow the bypass to be untouched because we'd go over it. And give us more queue space since we could use the second floor of main street and spread out.

Would you guys rather do that?

I have to admit that's a pretty elegant idea! Take the guests into the theater, behind the movie screen and up into the booth.

---TrevorA

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I have to admit that's a pretty elegant idea! Take the guests into the theater, behind the movie screen and up into the booth.

---TrevorA
Alright! Ill write that up. Now you have the whole bypass to work with! Kmbmw can do the citizen ceremony and put the website together for the presentation! I think we have a good plan here!

MANEATINGWREATH

---TrevorA

Over on the West Coast, parking consisted of us parking a mile or two away, hopping on a shuttle and being dropped off a few hundred feet south of Space Mountain. Plus side - quick and easy transport. Negative side - shuttle delays due to actual street traffic.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Over on the West Coast, parking consisted of us parking a mile or two away, hopping on a shuttle and being dropped off a few hundred feet south of Space Mountain. Plus side - quick and easy transport. Negative side - shuttle delays due to actual street traffic.
We got parking about a mile out too and then a bus to the utilidoor
It's actually kinda similar here. We have the employee parking lot about a mile back. Then a bus that goes from there to the utilidoors. Luckily, very little regular traffic back there, so that's not a huge issue

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
An exciting new ride is coming to the Main Street Cinema! Dedicated to one of the most important films ever made, guests will enter through the Cinema for A Trip to the Moon!

Released in 1903, A Trip to the Moon is considered to be the birth of science fiction and special effects in film. A landmark moment in turn of the century cinema.

-facade-
The facade will remain mostly the same as the current Main Street Cinema. The marque will now be advertising that they are now playing "A Trip to the Moon" and posters will be hung outside. Naturally, a stand by wait time indicator and a fastpass+ return entrance will both be added.

-queue-
The current cinema will become the "lobby" of the theater. The room will be enclosed (no more cutting through to the other shops). Small exhibits about the invention of motion pictures and important moments in turn of the century era cinema will fill this section of the queue. Instead of heading into the "theater doors," the queue is directed up stairs into the projector room. What guests don't realize, is that they actually go up 1 and a half flights of stairs. This will be important soon.

The rest of the queue winds around reels of film and the fake projector for the theater. Posters for various films of the era dot the walls. Guests will then walk back down stairs (only half a flight) into the "theater." (In reality, there are two boarding areas themed as theaters. But to guests, it will appear there is only one)

-Boarding Area-
Guests are ushered into their seats in the ride vehicle. The vehicles are simply themed and resemble smaller versions of those used on Universe of Energy. There are 5 rows, 6 seats apart.

Once guests are seated, the film is projected onto the wall in front of them, after the title screen, the wall to guests right side opens and the vehicles move sideways into the film!

-Ride Through-

The ride itself is based upon the more famous first half of the film. It ends before the less well known section with the aliens. The ride is a classic style slow moving dark ride. Similar to Peter Pan's Flight and other classic dark rides, the scenes usually transition by the vehicles turning a corner. Effects are simple, most characters are represented by either manicans or cut outs. There are no complex animatronics, just a few simple motion figures.

-scene 1-
aVRdPK7.jpg

Scene one features the professor telling the crowd of academics about his plan to use a cannon to travel to the moon. The crowd are primarily cut outs. The professor moves his arm as he gestures at the blackboard. The blackboard has his drawing projected on to it to better illustrate the concept of the cannon to the Moon to guests as well as to add more life to the scene.

-Scene 2-
YiKRXpY.jpg

We see the academics loading into the capsule. The man in the pink coat is waving his hat. The only main difference between the picture and the ride is that the man in the pink coat is now facing guests and waving at us.

-Scene 3-
75KiBd9.jpg

A mix of mannicans and cut outs represent the excited crowd around the cannon. A blast can be heard as smoke bellows out the top of the cannon (much like the actual film, most of the cannon is just a matte painting. Smoke comes out the tip though to help make it seen real)

-Scene 4-
2mDNsol.jpg

After a quick travel through space (dark room with star lights and fake clouds), guests see the absolutely iconic scene of the Moon with the capsule crashed into it. This will be done just how it was on Horizons.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2012/04/horizonsmoon.jpg

-Scene 5-
QgE6FVK.jpg

We then see the capsule crashed on the surface of the moon. The academics are seen standing around the Moon as simple motion figures looking around with wonder and awe leading into...

-Scene 6-
HHEg1un.jpg

The weird space women thing. It is just part of the grand visuals of the alien lunar landscape from the film that makes up the finale of the ride. Vehicles finally enter into a cavern for the exit.

-Unload/Exit-
A cavern full of steampunk alien technology is theunload station. After safely unloading and traveling down a moving walkway (remember, we've been on the second floor all this time), guest exit through Milies Market (named for George Milies, director of the film). A gift shop featuring retro sci-do themed merchandise. The gift shop exits into Tomorrowland between Buzz Lightyear and Carousel of progress.

Having the ride exit in Tomorrowland even though it enters in from Main Street will help disperse crowds and connect the two lands. The ride being on the second floor minimizes it's effect on the back stage area it will be built above.

Overall, this will be a solid, people eater, High capacity C-Ticket to help absord Magic Kingdom crowds, disperse people away from the congested Main Street, and bring a new life and energy to the front of the park.​

Last edited:

kmbmw777

An exciting new ride is coming to the Main Street Cinema! Dedicated to one of the most important films ever made, guests will enter through the Cinema for A Trip to the Moon!

Released in 1903, A Trip to the Moon is considered to be the birth of science fiction and special effects in film. A landmark moment in turn of the century cinema.

-facade-
The facade will remain mostly the same as the current Main Street Cinema. The marque will now be advertising that they are now playing "A Trip to the Moon" and posters will be hung outside. Naturally, a stand by wait time indicator and a fastpass+ return entrance will both be added.

-queue-
The current cinema will become the "lobby" of the theater. The room will be enclosed (no more cutting through to the other shops). Small exhibits about the invention of motion pictures and important moments in turn of the century era cinema will fill this section of the queue. Instead of heading into the "theater doors," the queue is directed up stairs into the projector room. What guests don't realize, is that they actually go up 1 and a half flights of stairs. This will be important soon.

The rest of the queue winds around reels of film and the fake projector for the theater. Posters for various films of the era dot the walls. Guests will then walk back down stairs (only half a flight) into the "theater." (In reality, there are two boarding areas themed as theaters. But to guests, it will appear there is only one)

-Boarding Area-
Guests are ushered into their seats in the ride vehicle. The vehicles are simply themed and resemble smaller versions of those used on Universe of Energy. There are 5 rows, 6 seats apart.

Once guests are seated, the film is projected onto the wall in front of them, after the title screen, the wall to guests right side opens and the vehicles move sideways into the film!

-Ride Through-
Coming soon

Any feedback on what I have so far? I still need to edit it.
I like it. WOuld you like to add it or shall I ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom