Team Cap: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Four Open Brainstorming

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Four: The ABC's of Main Street USA
8571060381_db4a810c5e_z.jpg

Based on the "Main Street A/B ticket" project from Season Three

Main Street USA has always been a favorite of mine. While viewed as many as simply an entry point into the park, Main Street represents a true revolution in theme park design as well as some of the most immersive and quirky details in all of the park...In Disneyland at least. While Main Street USA in WDW's Magic Kingdom certainly has a larger scale to it, most will argue that the "Charm" element of the original Main Street USA in Disneyland is lost. Time hasn't been kind of WDW's Main Street as classic attractions such as the Main Street Cinema and the Penny Arcade exist as shells of their former selves and exist mostly as gift shops. For this project, the teams are asked to create three next experiences for WDW's Main Street USA to help bring the "charm" back to the area.

The three experiences must be ranked in classic ticket fashion...One A ticket, one B ticket, one C ticket. Examples of what I'm looking for from each of the tickets...

A Ticket - Walk through exhibit, interactive element, diversion
B Ticket - Stuff on the level of Main Street Cinema and the street vehicles. If you wish you may either revive the Main Street Cinema or put in an additional mode of transportation in this slot. If you choose to revive the cinema you must include new elements that weren't present in the "classic" version of the attraction and update it.
C Ticket - Small scale dark ride, Audio Animatronics show, or a large scale flat ride.

Presentations must include all three of your attractions properly labeled with what ticket each addition goes with. Good luck teams. This project is due Thursday, March 2nd at 11:59 PM Eastern, 8:59 PM pacific.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
My ideas would be to redo the Main Street Theater into an actual Magic show starring Mickey (and classic characters) instead of just using that as the theming for a meet and greet.

The magic show could be either the B or the C depending on how it's done.

Also, for the A, my vote would be something with the Main Street Citizens. Add one or two more and let guests vote on a "good citizenship" (or whatever) award throughout the day. And then have a nightly ceromony where a "good citezinship" award is given to whoever received the most votes.

Another idea would be to add a "Main Street Central Park" where the current Main Street bypass is with a carousel there as a B ticket.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
A more out there idea would be to use Main Street Cinema as the entrance to an omnimover dark ride themed to one of the most important films ever made, George Millies's A Trip to the Moon. It was released in 1903 (turn of the century). And we could make it really unique by having the exit be in Tomorrowland between Buzz Lightyear and Carousel of Progress (where the express transport station and Buzz Lightyear meet and Great is right now).

kmbmw777

A more out there idea would be to use Main Street Cinema as the entrance to an omnimover dark ride themed to one of the most important films ever made, George Millies's A Trip to the Moon. It was released in 1903 (turn of the century). And we could make it really unique by having the exit be in Tomorrowland between Buzz Lightyear and Carousel of Progress (where the express transport station and Buzz Lightyear meet and Great is right now).
This really could be cool, but my personal opinion is if we did this, we would make the idea too large in order to be a C-ticket. BUT I have an idea -
Is Ellen's Energy Adventure a C-ticket, because what if we did something like that for this ride. Where the audience gets into a theater to watch the film but then the seats move?

My ideas would be to redo the Main Street Theater into an actual Magic show starring Mickey (and classic characters) instead of just using that as the theming for a meet and greet.

The magic show could be either the B or the C depending on how it's done.

Also, for the A, my vote would be something with the Main Street Citizens. Add one or two more and let guests vote on a "good citizenship" (or whatever) award throughout the day. And then have a nightly ceremony where a "good citizenship" award is given to whoever received the most votes.

Another idea would be to add a "Main Street Central Park" where the current Main Street bypass is with a carousel there as a B ticket.
I like the idea for the Main Street Park and the Main Street Citizens as well.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
. BUT I have an idea -
Is Ellen's Energy Adventure a C-ticket, because what if we did something like that for this ride. Where the audience gets into a theater to watch the film but then the seats move?

Space would be a concern with that ride system. There's really not a ton of room back there. A more traditional dark ride can be shaped to fit a smaller space, but moving theaters need a lot of room to operate.

All that is really back there right now past the bypass is an employee break room, a (small) employee parking lot (like 20 cars or so. Maybe 30), the express transit bus stop, and a dumpster.

If we can design it in a space saving way so it fits, a moving theater would be a pretty fantastic ride system to use for this though

kmbmw777

Space would be a concern with that ride system. There's really not a ton of room back there. A more traditional dark ride can be shaped to fit a smaller space, but moving theaters need a lot of room to operate.

All that is really back there right now past the bypass is an employee break room, a (small) employee parking lot (like 20 cars or so. Maybe 30), the express transit bus stop, and a dumpster.

If we can design it in a space saving way so it fits, a moving theater would be a pretty fantastic ride system to use for this though

Could we in theory go over the parking lot (move it underground or something), ad make the ride exit between buzz and CoP. This might be too risky but just a thought

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Could we in theory go over the parking lot (move it underground or something), ad make the ride exit between buzz and CoP. This might be too risky but just a thought
We'd have to, but it's still a rather compact space. We have a slightly larger of a foot print to work with than carousel of progress. So, we can do a moving theater, it just need to be wither relatively short and compact or stop a few time like Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
That breal room back there is where I take my breaks and I go to that dumpster like 8 times a day. So tiki and mew probably won't be as aware of the size of that area as I am. We could fudge the space a bit to make a better ride if need be.

kmbmw777

We'd have to, but it's still a rather compact space. We have a slightly larger of a foot print to work with than carousel of progress. So, we can do a moving theater, it just need to be wither relatively short and compact or stop a few time like Ellen's Energy Adventure.
I we could just stretch the realism a bit and go for creativity. As long as we don't make it too huge, I'm sure we'd be fine
That breal room back there is where I take my breaks and I go to that dumpster like 8 times a day. So tiki and mew probably won't be as aware of the size of that area as I am. We could fudge the space a bit to make a better ride if need be.
If the team is okay with this, this idea has my vote. And we will get a lot of points for creativity while maybe one point of for realism.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, here's the ideas we have so far (if I missed something let me know)

A-Ticket
-Main Street Citizenship award - Z
-horse drawn carriages in park addition

B-Ticket
-Carousel in park addition - Z
-Magic Show

C-Ticket
Magic Show
Trip to the Moon Dark Ride - Z

I put little "Z" next to the ones I'm in favor of.

We still have plenty of time for other ideas too.

Lastly, @kmbmw777 , you've been pretty active on this prompt so far. Have you been a leader yet? Do you want to be?

kmbmw777

So, here's the ideas we have so far (if I missed something let me know)

A-Ticket
-Main Street Citizenship award - Z

B-Ticket
-Carousel in park addition - Z
-Magic Show

C-Ticket
Magic Show
Trip to the Moon Dark Ride - Z

I put little "Z" next to the ones I'm in favor of.

We still have plenty of time for other ideas too.

Lastly, @kmbmw777 , you've been pretty active on this prompt so far. Have you been a leader yet? Do you want to be?
I have the exact same votes and I would love to be!

kmbmw777

A-Ticket
-Main Street Citizenship award
Pi, kmb

B-Ticket
-Carousel in park addition
Pi
-Magic Show
-World's Fair Walkthrough from Cap. America the First Avenger
kmb

C-Ticket
-Magic Show
-Trip to the Moon Dark Ride
Pi, kmb

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom