TCM teams up with Disney to refresh Great Movie Ride

Coaster3001

Anybody know what the red button does (or used to do) at the bottom of the 'temple scene' where the castmember goes up to steal the diamond? I noticed that there's a button at the top that they have to press to activate the 'smoke & skeleteon' scene. but there's also a button at the bottom.
It activates the smoke and sound effects if you are running an empty vehicle so that you don't have to go all the way to the top to do it.

elchippo

Is there any resource out there that has a list/photos of all the props/costumes that have been displayed throughout time in the GMR queue? As a kid, I recall it always had the Ruby Slippers, Mary Poppins horse and I think stuff from Alien. It seems like they swap them out more frequently now.

dstrawn9889

from wikipedia~~~~
Notable props currently residing in the queue[edit]
Props that formerly resided in the queue[edit]

ABQ

Not a fan of the changed marquee inside.
11324929_1601406980135577_757826096_n.jpg

Image courtesy Caitlin.

prberk

Wth? I'm just wondering what the point of this change was. It seems way off and empty now.

It was probably to get the name, "Classic Movies," in there, as in "Turner Classic Movies" (TCM), although I would argue that it was still better for TCM to have left it the way that it was (a classic marquee mimicking the promotional marketing for classic movies themselves), and leave their tagline for outside the ride (to let people know that the emphasis on the inside was classic movies, not current ones). But inside the ride (like with this marquee), it would be best to pretend you are entering the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Jon81uk

Also "a journey into the movies" implies current movies, whereas "celebration of classic movies" shows they know they aren't ever going to update this ride!

Kman101

We clearly need more things to discuss. I liked the old one, I agree it looks emptier now, but you're all that upset over this? I think the old one looked sort of busy and this one stresses what the ride is about. I don't know, I don't mind.

Mike S

We clearly need more things to discuss. I liked the old one, I agree it looks emptier now, but you're all that upset over this? I think the old one looked sort of busy and this one stresses what the ride is about. I don't know, I don't mind.
I'm not upset, just surprised. I'll most likely get used to it but it was still a bit jarring.

Kman101

I'm not upset, just surprised. I'll most likely get used to it but it was still a bit jarring.

I can see that. I did a double take as it was probably the last thing in my mind that would have been changed. But I guess I'll take ANY work being done at this point, LOL. Like I said, we need substantial things to discuss.

The Rocketeer

I really don't mind.... As long as they keep Hooray for Hollywood playing before "we enter the movies."

Last edited:

The Rocketeer

You have to wonder what will happen to the iconic neon signs outside. Will it be relatively the same with the new tagline or will it be a completely new design?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom