Taxis? How to Order?

There are 2 times during our trip when I'd rather not risk the bus service being too slow or too full. How can I order a taxi and how far in advance can I do it? Is this something that the concierge desk can help with at my resort?

I'd basically want one for mid-afternoon to get us back to MK for the halloween party, to give my kid more time to nap instead of rushing to a bus stop. Then I'd need one early the next morning to meet our 7:30 Ohana reservation.

DisneyJoe

Go to Bell Services in front of your resort and ask them to call a taxi for you; most usually have one waiting. If you want one pre-arranged, they can give you the phone number.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

You can call ahead and reserve one or get help at the resort desk. We've had good responses doing both in the past, although they can be pricey. If you do reserve ahead of your stay, call that morning to reconfirm with them, there can be mix ups in times if you book further ahead.

Upvote 0

fiercekittenz

Original Poster
Awesome thanks. Yeah I wouldn't want to order it just then, but I could perhaps call down to the front desk about an hour before I need it while she's napping and get it ordered. The next one I'd have to plan for the day before. 7:30 breakfast and no way to get there since the MK busses won't be running.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Awesome thanks. Yeah I wouldn't want to order it just then, but I could perhaps call down to the front desk about an hour before I need it while she's napping and get it ordered. The next one I'd have to plan for the day before. 7:30 breakfast and no way to get there since the MK busses won't be running.

A few notes in addition to the other responses.

-There are usually taxis waiting at (or very near) all of the Disney resorts. Simply walk up to the bell Services desk and they'll call one over for you.

-While the other parks a taxi can get you close to the gate (typically near the charter/non-Disney bus area), if you take a taxi to the Magic Kingdom, it will bring you to the TTC where you'll have to ferry or monorail it over to the MK. Your best bet is to take it to the Contemporary and walk over. (Monorail from the Contemporary is worse than the TTC since it would require a full loop around)

-While not often advertised, there are special "Character Breakfast" buses that start running around 6-6:30am to get people to those early reservations before the park-specific routes start running. When you get on the driver will ask where you need to go and they'll make sure you get there.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
-While the other parks a taxi can get you close to the gate (typically near the charter/non-Disney bus area), if you take a taxi to the Magic Kingdom, it will bring you to the TTC where you'll have to ferry or monorail it over to the MK. Your best bet is to take it to the Contemporary and walk over. (Monorail from the Contemporary is worse than the TTC since it would require a full loop around)
The OP's 7:30 am ADR is for 'Ohana.

Upvote 0

KC82271

Just be careful. Make sure it's a Mears Taxi. We got ripped off in April. Took Mears to church, and then when we came out it wasn't Mears. Cost almost $50 to go just about across the highway (maybe a mile) to Downtown Disney. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom