Taxi

Tinkerbell397

Original Poster
If I want to take a taxi from any of the parks to my timeshare off property, where would I be able to do that? Is there a taxi stand somewhere at the parks or would I have to get myself to Downtown Disney to take a cab? Thanks and have a Magical Day! :cat:

MorganKelly

I have always noticed waiting cabs in the Epcot lot and I would bet that holds true for the other parks as well. There is also usually a cast member in the area who can assist you.

Rob562

The only difference is that the taxi stand for the Magic Kingdom is located at the TTC, not at the park itself. (And that's where a taxi bringing you to the MK would drop you off)

-Rob

fugawe09

As others have said, there are taxis at each park, resort, and DTD. If not, just ask and Cast Member will direct you to the taxi area or call one if needed. Mears Checker Cab is the contracted company for WDW. You may wish to use them for your inbound trips as well because they have parking privleges. Other cab companies may drop off but have to pay the parking fee where applicable, which they may pass on to you.

HollyAD

Have you thought about Uber? It's a app on your phone. They are a car service and will charge your credit card. Tip is included. I am sure they are in the Orlando area. I use them all the time in Baltimore.

Rob562

Have you thought about Uber? It's a app on your phone. They are a car service and will charge your credit card. Tip is included. I am sure they are in the Orlando area. I use them all the time in Baltimore.

Uber just started in the Orlando area at the end of May. While the area coverage map on the Uber site ends at the borders of WDW property, in reality they'll come to the WDW hotels. (I had friends that used it the first week of operation to and from WDW property, and their driver said she'd been all over WDW that week)

We need to take one taxi ride from SSR to AKL on our trip next month and we're considering using Uber for it.

One benefit of Uber is that the price you see is the price you pay. There's no need to calculate in an additional tip.

-Rob

photomatt

There's no need to calculate in an additional tip.

-Rob

True, but you should still tip for good service. Uber and Lyft keep reducing rates because they are competing with each other. If the prices keep dropping, there won't be any drivers willing to work for the rates they charge. Tipping helps to ensure that the concept will survive.

LarryBass

Before anybody considers using UBER or Lyft... You might want to Google search them. They are at war with more cities & states than you can imagine for NOT meeting the required commercial insurance requirements and totally ignoring the local regulations that a Taxi or Car Service has to meet.

And, since the holiday season is now upon us, check out their "surge pricing" disclaimer. Last year on holidays, I read that they charged over 300% of their normal rate... that made some people real happy!

As for tipping, when the company builds in the tip, why on earth would it be expected to tip again? I travel heavily on business and that statement confuses the heck out of me???

photomatt

For those that don't know, Uber can no longer pick up at OIA. They agreed to stop pickups in a recent agreement with the City of Orlando.

Also, the insurance provided by Uber has not been found to be legal in Florida. For some reason no one is mentioning that, but it's true. Some drivers who drive for Uber have their own commercial insurance that is legal, but you won't know if the driver has commercial insurance until they arrive to pick you up.

I know taxis can be a pain, but using Uber in Florida is more of a risk than you might think. It might be OK in New York or San Francisco, but in Florida the laws and insurance have not caught up yet.

pug

I would not trust people like that thou!

pug

If you what you can order a cab just look up "mears taxi" on the App Store and order a cab or if you do take a cab Disney uses mears taxi.

Redhawk

Does anyone know an approximate taxi fare from AK to the Dolphin resort? Our last day is a 3/4 day and I'd rather take a cab from AK and have an extra half hour in the park than deal with a bus.

Also, anyone remember the order of the stops the AK bus makes from and to Epcot resorts?

Redhawk

Another taxi question: My feeling is that it's quite expensive to take one from MCO to the Disney resorts, but I can't recall fares now. Anyone know? The SuperShuttle has been great the past two years and was $36 roundtrip with a coupon, and I'm pretty sure that's much less than a taxi going one way. The Mousesavers coupon no longer works and it's now $40 roundtrip but all four times I've taken SuperShuttle have been fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom