Taxi from Resort to Resort

Franzenel

Original Poster
I have been looking everywhere and I can not find any info on taxi costs from Resort to Resort. We have a lot of breakfasts at other resorts and they are about an hour before the parks open( 8am reservation, MK opens at 9am that day) so we will need to get a taxi. we will be staying at the coronado springs and will be going to the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Animal Lodge. What am I looking for costs? Thanks

DisneyDebNJ

I have been looking everywhere and I can not find any info on taxi costs from Resort to Resort. We have a lot of breakfasts at other resorts and they are about an hour before the parks open( 8am reservation, MK opens at 9am that day) so we will need to get a taxi. we will be staying at the coronado springs and will be going to the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Animal Lodge. What am I looking for costs? Thanks
The only taxi ride we experienced, was from the Polynesian to Animal Kingdom Lodge, it was about $22 with tip

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If I don't have a rental car or my daughter driving me.... I use a lot of taxis. I guess since I don't have much time to enjoy the parks while I am there that I want to get from point A to point B quickly so I don't have much patience when it comes to the buses LOL

Thanks for posting that link @Rob562

Pam

mousehockey37

I love taking cabs around WDW. I usually pay around $20 to go from point to point.

I love taking Disney Transportation... it's FREE with my staying on-site!!! They use buses, boats and even monorails!!!! You don't even need to tip them and they'll still tell you to have a Magical Day!!!

MorganKelly

Disney transportation is great, but really not the greatest option from some resorts to others, especially from one end of the property to another. It requires intermediate connections and a bit of luck with regard to timing. Budget plenty of time, especially during busy periods. It has taken us well over an hour at times. Have a Plan B - for instance, if the bus gets stuck in traffic or you just missed the watercraft connection, think about hailing a taxi from your intermediate stop. Remember, you have the option of renting a car on-property if your budget permits.

4disneylovers

Last trip, We knew we needed a taxi to get to typhoon lagoon for surf lessons at like 5:45 am. While planning, I called our resort and told them my situation and asked for their suggestion on a reputable cab service. They told me to Call 407-422-2222 and I could ask them how much from point A to point B. Worked like a charm.

MorganKelly

I understand Mears taxis do accept credit cards. You can check their website for an idea of the rates charged. They have an app too.

dreamfinder

Buses to the parks start running about 6:30 in the morning specifically for early AM breakfasts and tours. So you should be able to get on the MK bus, and if you are lucky be dropped directly off at Poly/GF, or at the worst have to transfer to the monorail/boat at the MK to get over to each. AKL you may want to do a cab, it's about $20 from GF to AKL, so should be less than that from pretty much anyplace on property.

s8film40

In addition to the Mears taxi fare estimator which is a great tool, you can also just calculate it yourself. Simply remember that Orlando taxi rates are currently $2.40 a mile. The way the meter works it immediately charges $2.40 and then starts adding 1/4 of the fare for every quarter mile. So all you need to do is simply pull out your phone get directions to where you want to go and look at the mileage. Then just use this formula: MILEAGE X $2.40 + $2.40 = Fare

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom