Taxi from LAX to Disneyland

wdwnat

Another +1 for Supershuttle. Used them the other day and would really recommend the service. Picked us up from the terminal and dropped us off right outside the hotel. We booked in advance via Viatour and it cost £18 each which (although I'm not sure of the exact conversion) was a LOT cheaper than the other options we looked at, even with a tip for the driver!
Enjoy Disneyland!

HauntedMansionFLA

Trying to decide if we should take a taxi or Disneyland Express. We want to get there quicker since we're getting in later (9:15PM), but I don't want to risk getting stuck in traffic and paying a fortune. For 5 of us, I figure about $100 for Disneyland Express. If we opted for a cab at that time of night, any ballpark on how much we'd be looking at?
Where do you get information about the Disneyland express? What airport is closer to DL?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Where do you get information about the Disneyland express? What airport is closer to DL?
John Wayne (SNA) is the closest to DL.

I wouldn't fly into LAX ever again unless I really had to. For anything (even a trip to LA). I hate that airport.

Also, better to just get a taxi/town car to Anaheim from there.

TP2000

@englanddg summed it up about LAX. And a 2 second Google search led me to this... http://www.graylineanaheim.com/airport_info.cfm

John Wayne Airport (officially "John Wayne Orange County International Airport", airport code SNA) is super-convenient to Disneyland. A 20 minute taxi or Uber from baggage claim to the Disneyland Hotel. Spotless, friendly, upscale, attractive, and very efficient.

Long Beach Airport is a close second, and as JetBlue's west coast hub can be very convenient for those flying JetBlue. I'm really hoping JetBlue brings their MINT service to the transcon flights out of Long Beach, for when I need to fly to Boston on occasion.

LAX is just misery. Although, to be fair, they are spending a couple Billion dollars trying to fix the place up over the next five years. And the mayor of LA just announced that LAX will finally allow Uber and Lyft to pick up passengers at LAX. They're at least trying to drag themselves out of 1974.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

LAX isn't that bad. I had a flight there last week and breezed in, flew through security. I go wherever the best price is - and usually it's LAX. I do love the smaller airports as they're just easier. Especially LGB.

KCheatle

Trying to decide if we should take a taxi or Disneyland Express. We want to get there quicker since we're getting in later (9:15PM), but I don't want to risk getting stuck in traffic and paying a fortune. For 5 of us, I figure about $100 for Disneyland Express. If we opted for a cab at that time of night, any ballpark on how much we'd be looking at?

Does the Disneyland express pick up that late?

TP2000

LAX isn't that bad. I had a flight there last week and breezed in, flew through security. I go wherever the best price is - and usually it's LAX. I do love the smaller airports as they're just easier. Especially LGB.

They're trying to improve, at least aesthetically. And aesthetics is one of the biggest reasons why LAX simply must improve.

I think why folks get down on LAX so much is that it's not just being compared to other American airports, but as the port of entry to one of the globe's biggest and most important cities it really pales in comparison to other world capitals and their snazzy 21st century airports. London, Singapore, San Francisco, Tokyo, Dubai, etc. Compared to those big city folks who roll out a slick and swanky welcome mat with their airports, LAX is like the poor country cousin living in a leaky old trailer.

Heck, there's not even a single rail link at LAX into town.

I just feel bad for all those wide-eyed tourists who start their sunny SoCal vacation at LAX. It's embarrassing.

KCheatle

According to the brochure the last pickup from LAX to Disneyland is at 8:00 pm.

That's what I was thinking.... I thought it had a cut-off earlier than DME. I remembered looking into it for my family for our upcoming trip because we were originally not going to arrive until later, and we were going to have to take a cab, supershuttle or rent a car because of the timing...

PacNWTigger

Super Shuttle has worked out well for us in the past, and we've done early and late arrivals through LAX without any problems.

Have your kids caught on to where they are going yet?

Kate Alan

How long typically have you had to wait to leave LAX/the hotel areas when doing the shared Super Shuttle? Right now we're trying to decide whether to do the shared van for $17 or private (which is way more, but if it means shaving off a good portion of time, we'd do it).

cooleo

Going to Disneyland in a month from tomorrow. Actually going to Vegas first then flying into John Wayne (SNA) from there. Flying out of LAX for the trip home to New Orleans (6:20 pm on Sunday). Was actually considering Super Shuttle for the trip TO LAX from the hotel so I'm glad to hear the positive reports on here. Not sure about trip from SNA yet but will settle on something soon. I need to. Super Shuttle best option there as well? Four people in our group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom