Tangled restrooms opening date

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It's not ridiculous at all. It's new, it's fun, it's pretty, it's immersive (not literally, one hopes) and it serves a very important purpose -- no one should be embarrassed about wanting to see it open. (When we were there in October and got into a New Fantasyland preview, I took extensive photos of the inside of those bathrooms.) :)
I am ashamed to admit that I totally missed the new bathrooms when we were there mid-November.
What was I thinking?
We dined at BOG; so at least I can say I tinkled in Beast's castle.

ExtinctJenn

I am ashamed to admit that I totally missed the new bathrooms when we were there mid-November.
What was I thinking?
We dined at BOG; so at least I can say I tinkled in Beast's castle.
Well the bathrooms weren't open or even really near complete in November so not a shocker you missed 'em. BUT count yourself lucky if your BOG dining was dinner because dear LORD there isn't another dinner ADR available until like August! LOL

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well the bathrooms weren't open or even really near complete in November so not a shocker you missed 'em. BUT count yourself lucky if your BOG dining was dinner because dear LORD there isn't another dinner ADR available until like August! LOL

frabz-Aaa-and-its-gone-bb4726.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
What washrooms did Weather_Lady see in October then? Storybook Circus? I tinkled there too.
Yes, it was dinner at BOG. We had to cancel ADR's at Sci Fi, and change our MK/DHS day to an all MK day as a result. This is some of the flexibility I fear FP+ is going to take away.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Yes. But does every ride now have to have a mega-super-fun filled queue?

Well...I guess with the upcoming changes leading to longer Standby times...maybe they do.

Just seems like they are spending money to fix problems that they themselves are creating, rather than on things that currently need it.

While I totally understand the sentiment expressed here, I think that this particular queue (Pan) needs something for sure. Even without the increase in wait-times that may or may not be caused by FP+, Pan's queue is a killer due to it's low throughput. If they start taking the carousel down to add an interactive queue, that's one thing, but for one of the lines with the worst waittime (both before and after FP / FP+), it's needed IMO.

Zac Skellington

Well...I guess with the upcoming changes leading to longer Standby times...maybe they do.

Just seems like they are spending money to fix problems that they themselves are creating, rather than on things that currently need it.
With the longer standby lines coming, maybe it would be cost-effective to just route the que through the old restrooms? Cheap, interactive, and functional... It's a win-win!

Zac Skellington

I believe JenniferS was refering to the new Fantastyland restrooms next to Gaston's. They were open for previews Oct.-Nov.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I believe JenniferS was refering to the new Fantastyland restrooms next to Gaston's. They were open for previews Oct.-Nov.
Yes, those are the ones I apparently missed.
That's what I get for not taking Son#1 - the "Bathroom Collector" on this trip.

djlaosc

So is this gonna introduce us to our first pee and greet? Take a whiz in our finest most upscale bathrooms we have to offer only to once you finish greet one of the more popular princess yet in Rapunzel and on suprise Limited Time Magic days you'll also be able to greet Flynn Ryder in addition to Rapunzel.

As long as you're not meeting them in the bathroom, then that will be OK. ;)

midwest_mice

Will these restrooms drain into the "streams" in Liberty Square?
Anyone that has taken a Backstage Magic tour will get it.
For those that don't: The concrete in Liberty Square that has the pea gravel stones imbedded into it is meant to represent how the colonial times used to have streams where the sewage would flow before there was underground plumbing systems.

NewfieFan

Well no! But even you have to admit that PP's queue is pretty painful. It doesn't have to be all interactive but a change of scenery and something to look at would nice (beautiful queues are what make Disney special). Whatever they do to PP's queue HAS to be an improvement over the old!

Genie of the Lamp

I can definitely see Jeff Lange taking this all in while filming random strangers and Denise doing their business. He'll definitely see more viewers after that.:p After all he does follow/stalk certain people and characters til no ends meet. I guess my question is that it seems the restrooms will be on the end buildings of this area, so what is going to go in that main building sandwhiched in beteween the two restroom buildings. Will they play music in the bathrooms as well? That would ease people to become more relaxed. I guess this is what Disney means by saying they're always gonna want to create new and exciting experiences for our guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom