Tangled bathrooms

jklakeview

Original Poster
I have spoke to people here while at Disney World and they have confirmed that the Tangled Area will be only bathrooms and the sun design. There is no tower being built because the are trying to have fantasy land nice and open. The cm working outside that area said the princesses will all be in the old Snow White building. For the life of me I can't remember the name. The area will be themed bathrooms only

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have spoke to people here while at Disney World and they have confirmed that the Tangled Area will be only bathrooms and the sun design. There is no tower being built because the are trying to have fantasy land nice and open. The cm working outside that area said the princesses will all be in the old Snow White building. For the life of me I can't remember the name. The area will be themed bathrooms only

The fact that there would be no M&G here was also confirmed recently in a chat with Imagineer Chris Beatty on the Parks Blog. I would question the "no-tower" statement. The plans clearly show a tower up on the hill near HM and a large round concrete foundation can be seen in construction photos exactly where the plans show the tower will go.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From what I've seen it'll be part of the left hand restroom block.

Here is one of Scott Keating photos of the area. I would assume the round concrete structure within the trees near HM is where the tower will go. I believe this is where the plans show it also.

Fantasyland_Full_16798.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yup... Part of the left restroom block!

I get it now... I thought you meant up above the restrooms. When viewed from Fanland it'll look like its behind the left block.

montyz81

What is the big round foundation behind the bathroom in the trees? Is that the remnants of the sky ride? It looks new so I wasn't sure. I can't remember exactly where the sky ride started.

Here is one of Scott Keating photos of the area. I would assume the round concrete structure within the trees near HM is where the tower will go. I believe this is where the plans show it also.

Fantasyland_Full_16798.jpg

Im completely lost in this photo, where is the Tangled Bathroom going to be? Where the old tea/food shop by HM?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Im completely lost in this photo, where is the Tangled Bathroom going to be? Where the old tea/food shop by HM?

To get your bearings, Haunted Mansion is at the top of the picture (I am not familiar with the shop you mention so can't point out it's location), Columbia Harbour House is on the lower left, Yankee Trader is on the left surrounded by tarps, and Small World is in the lower right of the picture. The restrooms are the buildings under construction in the middle of the picture.

Edit: Corrected building with tarps

GeneralKnowledge

To get your bearings, Haunted Mansion is at the top of the picture (I am not familiar with the shop you mention so can't point out it's location), Columbia Harbour House is on the left surrounded by tarps, and Small World is in the lower right of the picture. The restrooms are the buildings under construction in the middle of the picture.

The building surrounded by scrims is not actually the Columbia Harbor House. The CHH is across the FL/LS underpass, and does include the second floor overpass potion. The building surrounded by scrims is the Yankee Trader, which is the place FightonIrish312 is talking about.

jklakeview

Original Poster
Ok maybe I misspoke. There will be the structure of a tower maybe but nothing being done with it at all. It will be themed to tangled bit nothing else. It will look very nice but not have a function

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The building surrounded by scrims is not actually the Columbia Harbor House. The CHH is across the FL/LS underpass, and does include the second floor overpass potion. The building surrounded by scrims is the Yankee Trader, which is the place FightonIrish312 is talking about.

Thanks for the correction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ok maybe I misspoke. There will be the structure of a tower maybe but nothing being done with it at all. It will be themed to tangled bit nothing else. It will look very nice but not have a function

This is my understanding also, it will be a forced perspective miniature just for decoration.

jklakeview

Original Poster
There will be a tower, bathrooms, the flower ground mosaic and "stump seating" area.
But the tower will not be anything other than theming. At one point people were expecting more and it was rumored to be a meet an greet. CMs told me that was cut because they are trying to open up the flow in Fantasyland and they felt that would be counter productive

Clyde

But the tower will not be anything other than theming. At one point people were expecting more and it was rumored to be a meet an greet. CMs told me that was cut because they are trying to open up the flow in Fantasyland and they felt that would be counter productive
Either way, its really going to add to the new feel of the entire FL area having the bathroom and tower there. It's going to be a significant improvement over the decaying sky ride that's for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom