Talk to me about those cooling towel thingies...

enough

Heading down in about 3 weeks, and I'm expecting some pretty hot weather. I've heard of these frog-tog cooling towel things, but I am skeptical.

has anyone used them? do they keep you cool?

I looked on amazon and there's a ton of different ones - which variety is the one most people use? Anyone know what it's called?

DiSnEyF@n

Yup. We go in August and use them... Not every day, but in the am we use them. I put them on the baby's head and I'm sure my 3 year old, this August, will have fun playing with it, along with the misting fan I have for her!

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
When we visited WDW as kids and the afternoon got hot, my mother would usher us into the bathroom, take our cotton T-shirts off, run them briefly under the sink until they were damp (not dripping wet), and have us put them back on. It cost nothing and produced a similar cooling effect to the towels (although we did have to take care to wear T-shirts that would stay opaque when wet).

If she'd taken her idea a step further and invented a cooling towel, we'd be millionaires! Alas, opportunity lost...

My mom used to have us do this as well, and it worked like a charm every time!

We have cooling towels I was able to snag on clearance, and even though they don't work better than a regular towel, I do like that they don't drip like a regular towel. They're handy for when wetting your shirt down isn't an option.

We don't keep ours in the container it came in though because ours are the frog ones and the container is bulky. When we bring them we put them into freezer Ziploc bags with some ice cubes.

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

Frosty Towels sold in the parks and resort shops are awesome. They have all natural cooling ingredients, aloe and lemongrass for insect repellent in them. These are quite different than the frog togs that work by evaporation alone. I've used them for many years and even ordered a case to have at my home.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom