Pre-Trip **Takin' Her to the World ** Sister Trip**

Hi All!!

So I figured since the trip is less than 150 days away, I could attempt a PTR... I had started a trip report from last Labor Day Weekend, and never finished it... so maybe I will actually finish all of the fun stuff!

So in January my DH and I had planned a November trip to see the start of the Christmas sights and all that fun stuff... Well in February DH got a better job and while I was very excited he is moving up in life, but a little bummed since we would have to cancel our trip - I felt it wasn't good to expect a week long vacation less than and year in and he agreed... A few weeks later, DH asked if he thought I could go on a trip alone and I was so EXCITED Yea I could do that!! But then I mentioned how much fun it would be to take my sister, especially since it was only a little more than a solo trip... (in other words, I chickened out, I know, I know at Disney everyone (sorta) is a friend, but oh well)

So the beginning of March after figuring out how to pay for it and all the 'grown-up' responsible ways blah, blah... I asked my sister to come over and gave her a 'contract' that stated I will take her to the World but she needs to come up with flight money and spending money... She started crying and said yes yes yes!!

So on to the cast and plans!!

Who's Going?
Me - Maggie - 27 late in life Disney Parks addict, have always loved disney growing up BUT went on a whim and now will never travel anywhere else:joyfull:
Little Sister - Ok not so Little- Katie she is 22 gipsy heart who has loved the disney movies for as long as I can remember.

When?
November 5-10 2014 ( of course the week with NO dining plan...please oh please let a pin show up in my mail box)

Where?
Pop Century - my home away from home!!

Preliminary Plans to come!

Maggie Mae

Original Poster
Now on to the plans!!

Katie was able to get the money for the flight together in time for the November flights ‘release’ date, I was proud of her – getting this kid to save money is a worry I had from the get go, but she pulled it out; I guess Disney does that to you? Any ways when I initially was looking at flights we were going to leave out of San Antonio but on a whim I checked Austin and the flights were over a hundred dollars cheaper each ticket each way – we saved over $250 – sign me up! Plus, there were more non-stop options…
November 5 – Travel Day!
So with the only pit fall of having to be on the road by 4 AM which isn’t that bad to be at the airport by 5 for our 7 am flight, we can nap on the plane! We land by 11 and head to DME…
I plan to check in to POP online ahead of time but I am sure the room won’t be ready yet which is A-OK, we will drop our stuff off and head to DTD. That has become a tradition for DH and I get all our souvenir shopping out of the way and that way we won’t have to lug bags around at the parks – we really do our best to stay out of the shops at the parks…way to easy to spend way too much money…
That night I have a late evening reservation at Beaches and Cream, I have never been and thought it would be cool to have a few experiences that are just mine and Katie… you know?
The initial plan for the trip is be at rope drop each day – the hitch in this giddy up will be Katie is a sleeper, so I have purchased and air horn and plan to use it if necessary – if you are in adjoining rooms I apologize ahead of time
November 6 – Epcot
Arrive for rope drop –Get to Soarin’ right away, attempt TT FP+, and SSE and enjoy FW Head to WS meet as many characters as possible, share a few drinks around the world and enjoy dinner and the Rose and Crown Pub hopefully on the patio and enjoy illuminations from there…
November 7 – Animal Kingdom and MVMCP
Rope drop – KS FP+, EE and Dinosaur, Katie really wants to see Tough to be a Bug so we will totally hit that before our lunch ressie and Rainforest Café… then to the hotel to get ready for the Party… In which we will do whatever, I went to the MNSSHP two years ago and loved it and while I knew to do our best at getting on the “big rides” for this I am going to take it all in meet as many characters as possible, although I will try my best to ride SDMT… we will stay until whenever and I will do my best to not be grumpy the next day…
November 8 –Hollywood Studios
Rope drop – although I will hopefully have a TSMM FP which is really the only do or die FP I fee necessary for this park I don’t think I can handle TT and Katie is not a fan of inversions on roller coasters sooooooo… Aerosmith is out… which is fine with me… I look forward to going on the GMR and Backlot we love movies in our house and growing up we didn’t do cable we did library check outs ALL THE TIME so we have a fondness for the memorabilia, and I can’t wait to share that with her… Lunch is at Sci-Fi and then we might take a break, unless she wants to keep going the park closes at 7 that night so it won’t be a late night that way… but I want her to experience Fantasmic because I love it and she loves John Smith and I love that Pocahontas is kinda a big deal in it… After that depending on how we feel, I want her to walk around Art of Animation so we will head dinner there and walk over the bridge back to POP.
November 9 – Magic Kingdom
Now for me MK is the park of parks! It is always the last one for us (always pff I have only been twice, but it is a tradition right??) Wishes! Is the most perfect way to end a trip and that will be no different this trip.
Rope drop (again) I want Katie to see the show... my mom sang “Good Morning” to us when we were still in school to wake us up so that is really cool… At some point I hope to meet Anna and Elsa BUT I will not wait more than an hour… and even that is pushing it for me, maybe we will get lucky and get a FP+ oye!! Lunch will be at Tony’s UNLESS we get a FP for Be Our Guest for lunch… EMH will be until 12 that night I think… so we will stay until our feet can’t go anymore…
November 10 – Departure day…
Bring on the tears… I hate departure day… but we have a 4 pm flight out so we have a while to sleep before check out and the Tragical Express will take us back to reality…

LisaBelle

Sounds like a fun trip. My sister and I are in the very early stages of planning a sister trip in late 2015 or early 2016 to celebrate my 50th birthday. We want to plan the trip around one of the runDisney events so I can run my first ever 5k. I do not like drop rides at all, but I LOVE ToT!!! Crazy, I know. It isn't just a free fall drop so I can handle it. You might be surprised if you give it a try. I am also not a huge fan of inversions on roller coasters either, but RnRC goes so fast I hardly notice it. I don't know what it is about Disney, but I am lots more likely to try things that take me out of my comfort zone when I am there. Just more of the Disney magic I guess! We have a FastPass+ reservation for Anna & Elsa for our July trip. Thought they'd be fun to meet but there is no way I will stand in line for 3 or more hours to do that. Have fun with your planning and countdown.

mrdrift

Your plans sound great. It was very nice of you to think of your sister to take with you in your husbands absence. I'm sure the two of you will have a magical time together and form some bonds that will last forever. Will be watching for the trip report.

Maggie Mae

Original Poster
HOLY COW, we are under 60 days! It's coming up so fast, I am beyond excited!

Was able to get our Fastpass+ Ressies done and am thrilled with the outcome... so we have

Thursday EPCOT
10 am Spaceship Earth
11:30 Test Track
12:50 Character Spot
This day couldn't have planned out any better - the park opens at 9 and we will go straight to the Land Pavillion and jump on Soarin' and the Living with the Land, grab some breakfast and head our way around FW - I am not the biggest fan of using a FP for Character Spot, however Maelstrom wasn't an option, and that was the best one of what was left... Now to decide if I want to torture my sister with Figment (whom I adore, but see her falling asleep)

Friday Animal Kingdom
11:10 Safari
1:00 Everest
2:05 Dinosaur
We will get ther for opening and with it being EMH should do pretty good at getting some of these knocked out and then use the FP to ride them again... Except for maybe Dinosaur, I love the ride but it's pretty jerky and I don't want to get a crick in my neck since this is the night of MVMCP and we are going!! SO EXCITED!!

Saturday Hollywood Studios
1:45 SCI FI DINE IN lunch ressie (I can taste the fried pickles now...yummmmmmmm)
2:45 Star Tours
4:20 Toy Story
6:00 Tower of Terror
These are super late in the day and honestly I was kind of bummed out by this, BUT we will arrive for EMH in the morning and try to get Toy Story as many times as possible I love this game and I am certain my sister will too! However, on the bright side, later FP allow us to do all the fun little things this park has to offer, the Drawing class and character meets... I need opinions on Starring Rolls!? Breakfast worthy?? What would you eat? I am totally open to eating a cupcake for breakfast BTW!!

Sunday Magic Kingdom
1:30 Tony's Town Square for Lunch Ressie
6:50 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
8:00 Meet Anna and Elsa
9:35 Wishes
Another group of late FPs, but we will get to the park for opening and maybe get the mine train knocked out, and fingers crossed- Anna and Elsa will do a Meet and Greet together at MVMCP and we can get them knocked out that night and use the FP on one of the mountains...

I am thrilled with how our FP turned out... and if everything works out I am hopeful we might not even need some of them... yea yea overly optimistic

Has anyone been during Jersey Week? The crowd calendars show that is going on this week and I am just curious what it's like - I have been the week of Halloween ( which is lovely weather and crowd wise) and I have been Labor day weekend (never again if I can avoid it mainly for the heat and humidity, boy is that in itself exhasting, but the crowds weren't anywhere near what I feared)

I did the online check in already and requested a '70's section room - I love the location to the busses and food court...56 days to go WHOOP WHOOP!!

Maggie Mae

Original Poster
Our Magic Bands should arrive today! it's getting so close 27 Days!! Now to plan out the night before festivities... I get off that Tuesday at noon for a few errands and my sister is off work at 5:30, she is going to bring all her luggage to my house the weekend before, so she doesn't have to go home and then come over, it's a straight shot... I was thinking movie's and pizza... Dumbo, Cinderella, Peter Pan... growing up the night before an exciting event we never slept, Christmas eve in our home was a lot of mom yelling "santa won't stop if you are asleep" so I figure Kate will be awake ALL NIGHT... I always dozed, eventually...

What are some of your pre-Disney vacation festivities??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom