TAFI Town Hall

spacemt354

Chili's
I believe it'll be 8 for this year, with a clean slate for next year. However, correct me if I'm wrong. :)
I have no idea! :p That's why I was asking;)

It makes sense to keep it at 8 if that was what was decided on from the start. But I just remember from the summer expanding it was one of the topics.

Though with such a short time period you want it to be quality over quantity especially during such a hectic time like December with the holidays and final exams.

RMichael21

I have no idea! :p That's why I was asking;)

It makes sense to keep it at 8 if that was what was decided on from the start. But I just remember from the summer expanding it was one of the topics.

Though with such a short time period you want it to be quality over quantity especially during such a hectic time like December with the holidays and final exams.
I'd say it would be best to keep it at 8 for this year and figure out whether we want to expand it or not next year.

spacemt354

Chili's
Hey everyone!

So I had some thoughts over the last few days and weeks. I was wondering if I could share them here with you :)

To start, I truly enjoy this place. In fact this place offers an "escape" from work and stress of the real world, which I find to be a helpful break. And over the last few months I've seen this community grow in numbers and creativity exponentially. I'm happy to be a part of it.

I want to try and offer more for this community and I want to do it with all of you if you want. I gravitated here because I could sense a genuine exuberance and comradery among the members with tons of community events like podcasts, newsletters, updates, social media, websites, and so much more that ties the community together, which to me, makes it stand out. Let's put the summer heated discussion behind us. There was no right or wrong that came from that, and there's no reason to really change much. I'm perfectly fine with the setup. There are always some things to tweak and I think those will work themselves out with time.

But as a whole... I like the TAFI, ICS, Elite Eight, etc and I think everyone does. Just look back around this time last year on the forums when all of these ideas were starting to pick up steam. So much excitement and enthusiasm. That's what I want to see around here now and I really wish to be a part of it. With that said...if we want to really carry on these awesome ideas into the future, I think, together, we should try and execute a lot of the ideas that started and have faded over time.

For instance, the TAFI website. The last update was Nov 2014. If possible, we should try and keep it updated consistently . Plus every time it's updated someone can post it here and we can all see the awesome additions. Especially with the Hall of Fame annual vote coming up.

Also, the TAFI Imagineering Twitter page. Awesome idea...but according to Twitter we are at the final 5 of SA;).

My personal favorite, the TAFI Newsletters. I loved those...but there hasn't been one since like April. So much as happened, and so much happens over a week or two that it would be great to give updates on not only the competitions, but also a shot out to the newer members posting great ideas throughout the forum. I love writing...so I would be honored if I could do one of these, not only to be more involved, but also keep up the newsletters coming weekly or bi-weekly.

The 2015 ICS Season is coming to a close...it's been very well done . Look back at 2013/2014...there's a huge growth and execution difference. That's not something to be taken for granted. Every competition has finished...every competition has had new members join...and there's already more lined up for next year starting in January with @RMichael21 's The Sole Imagineer Season 2 - Redemption Island. Gonna be a great start. And also on a personal note, I'm going to be entering more contests as a contestant. I've done the whole host/judge thing enough. I enjoy it no doubt, but I also like doing projects as well as interacting with fellow imagineers and I want to do more of that.

The 2015 Elite Eight is less than a month and a half away ...let's get excited?! I'm on the border right now, but regardless of whether I make it in or not (hope I do) this is the year-end event for the top imagineers on the board. Let's get pumped!!:D

@Sam4D23 is doing the year end awards...which I watched last years again. It was so cool! Can't wait to see what he has in store for this year and for years to come.

Basically...what I'm trying to say is...this place is great and that I really want to see its true potential become a reality!

Thank you all for reading!:)

Last edited:

RMichael21

Also, the TAFI Imagineering Twitter page. Awesome idea...but according to Twitter we are at the final 5 of SA;).
I've been the one kind of in charge of that, but I haven't been really keeping it updated, I'll try to work on that. ;):p

As for the website, we've actually tried to transition over to a new site that hasn't seen much progress. I've been trying to find the time to go through it and clean it up. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
I've been the one kind of in charge of that, but I haven't been really keeping it updated, I'll try to work on that. ;):p

As for the website, we've actually tried to transition over to a new site that hasn't seen much progress. I've been trying to find the time to go through it and clean it up. :)
If you need any help feel free to reach out! I'd be glad to contribute:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Also two more things I forgot to mention!

What happened to ICS Weekends? Why don't we do something like this?
CASTING CALL:
Coming Soon to ICS Weekends!

Shark Tank
View attachment 55772
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Imagineers of all ages, how would you like to pitch your ideas to some of the most talented ideas to ever populate these forums? Sound like fun? Not so fast, because while these Disney Dynamos have the power to invest some points and support you or your group's idea, their backing comes at a price. Is it one you're willing to pay? Are you okay with relinquishing some of your own creative influence to ensure that your concept moves on to the next round? If this sounds like your kind of challenge, then get ready, because the WDWMagic Imagineer Forum will be plunging into the "Shark Tank" later this summer.

P.S. While fish may be friends, these sharks are not.

Whose Park Is It Anyway?
View attachment 55773
Welcome to "Whose Park Is It Anyway?", the show where everything's made up and the points don't matter. Just like a comb to Colin Mochrie, it just doesn't matter. If you like random fun, this is the place for you to come. All of your favorite games from the hit TV show will be right here, but with a Disney Parks twist. Scenes From A Hat, Helping Hands, Irish Drinking Song, and more will engage everyone in a hilarious cavalcade of quick wit. With sudden, spur of the moment prompts, everyone can pop in with a crazy answer off the top of their head. Just don't go away because well be back soon with more "Whose Park Is It Anyway?"!

Check in later this summer for a whole lot of events that are just fun!
It's funny because I had an idea for a weekend type thread called E.P.C.O.T - Experimental Prototype Competition of Tomorrow that would bring people together in a thread where we'd have a bi-weekly current Disney event topic that on the weekends we'd come together to try and solve. Could be designing something for Shanghai, a new Disney rumor, anything really that brings people together and it's not time consuming. Basically you can also float in and out without a commitment, so if you're busy for a weekend, no worries, come back next weekend.

It's just a work in progress idea but as I was looking back over the old threads...I'm saying to myself...why don't we do these things? Not all at the same time, but building towards 2016 I think it would be great to have a discussion about how to integrate these types of things into the new season. And not just a discussion where we procrastinate and nothing ever happens...:p because that does happen (i'm guilty of that sometimes too) but a discussion where we are proactive and actually get it done!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Sorry, one last thing I wanted to mention that I was thinking about was the TAFI Conservationalists. It was a topic of debate before, but really I don't see an issue with a group of active members keeping some things around here organized. Not necessarily controlling what competitions can run, but organizational things such as all the social media, websites, announcements, keeping up with the competitions, year-end events, and so on.

If you want to make it a vote, then like said before, have the vote be every 6 months. That way we can keep moving forward and keep up with the current state of the boards. I think that's a good idea.

I'm saying this again because...i don't know...I look back at the threads started this time last year (talking about all of this year's events) and there was a lot of active participation. As I'm sure you all do too, I want to see the end of this year and next year succeed and the only way that will happen is if we talk about it together and execute our ideas!

RMichael21

Sorry, one last thing I wanted to mention that I was thinking about was the TAFI Conservationalists. It was a topic of debate before, but really I don't see an issue with a group of active members keeping some things around here organized. Not necessarily controlling what competitions can run, but organizational things such as all the social media, websites, announcements, keeping up with the competitions, year-end events, and so on.

If you want to make it a vote, then like said before, have the vote be every 6 months. That way we can keep moving forward and keep up with the current state of the boards. I think that's a good idea.

I'm saying this again because...i don't know...I look back at the threads started this time last year (talking about all of this year's events) and there was a lot of active participation. As I'm sure you all do too, I want to see the end of this year and next year succeed and the only way that will happen is if we talk about it together and execute our ideas!
Actually, I've recently (as in a day or two) revived the old conversationalist PM in order to make an attempt to figure out the Hall of Fame vote. :) But, that's all that we've really done in the PM since mid-july. :p

spacemt354

Chili's
Actually, I've recently (as in a day or two) revived the old conversationalist PM in order to make an attempt to figure out the Hall of Fame vote. :) But, that's all that we've really done in the PM since mid-july. :p
Well based on this time last year the vote was happening right now and ended Oct 20

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tafi-imagineering-hall-of-fame-class-of-2014.891748/

I think I would be cool to keep the tradition of a mid-October vote. Granted I don't know who would be nominated, but maybe we could have the discussion among everyone here?:)

RMichael21

Well based on this time last year the vote was happening right now and ended Oct 20

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tafi-imagineering-hall-of-fame-class-of-2014.891748/

I think I would be cool to keep the tradition of a mid-October vote. Granted I don't know who would be nominated, but maybe we could have the discussion among everyone here?:)
Well, to be honest, we haven't really been talking all that much. Here's what I think would be best. Everyone comment one first nomination, then the current conversationalists will narrow it down into the traditional 5 final nominees?

Also, the names of @WED99 and @mharrington have been brought up in the PMs, just so everyone knows.

spacemt354

Chili's
Well, to be honest, we haven't really been talking all that much. Here's what I think would be best. Everyone comment one first nomination, then the current conversationalists will narrow it down into the traditional 5 final nominees?

Also, the names of @WED99 and @mharrington have been brought up in the PMs, just so everyone knows.
I think anyone on the ballot last year who didn't make it should be on the ballot again for this year. So that would include the two names you mentioned plus the 3rd being @MaterA113

So now you'd just need 2. Not sure how you guys came up with the tallies last year, but I think anyone nominated should be around for a minimum of 3-4 years of consistent participation, plus competition success, and genuine contributions to the forums for that time.

@Sam4D23 and @Matt7187 would be my nominees based on that criteria.

RMichael21

I think anyone on the ballot last year who didn't make it should be on the ballot again for this year. So that would include the two names you mentioned plus the 3rd being @MaterA113

So now you'd just need 2. Not sure how you guys came up with the tallies last year, but I think anyone nominated should be around for a minimum of 3-4 years of consistent participation, plus competition success, and genuine contributions to the forums for that time.

@Sam4D23 and @Matt7187 would be my nominees based on that criteria.
Let me be honest with you, I don't think that there should be a minimum requirement, as long as they had some sort of positive contribution. WED was only around for what, 6-8 months? But it's what he did with those 6-8 months that makes him worthy of it. Same thing could be with newer members. A newer member that joined in 2013 or 2014 could be just as eligible as someone like @Sam4D23 / @Matt7187 . It's what they do to help the community grow. Quality, not quantity. :);)

RMichael21

Let me be honest with you, I don't think that there should be a minimum requirement, as long as they had some sort of positive contribution. WED was only around for what, 6-8 months? But it's what he did with those 6-8 months that makes him worthy of it. Same thing could be with newer members. A newer member that joined in 2013 or 2014 could be just as eligible as someone like @Sam4D23 / @Matt7187 . It's what they do to help the community grow. Quality, not quantity. :);)
Someone that comes to mind with the newer member part is @Zweiland . I'd say that Z is perfectly worthy and he's been around for a little over 2 years.

Also, with the recycling of nominees, it could be possible that one or more people could just go through the vote many times and not get inducted. I think that it would be better to select nominees based on current opinions/standards and not recycle 3/5 of the nominees every year.

spacemt354

Chili's
Then that's not really a Hall of Fame then...

Take any one of the professional HoFs, like the MLB. People voted in have to wait a minimum of 5 years after retirement. And while Anthony Rizzo for example is really good now. If he retired at the end of next year...he wouldn't be considered for the Hall of Fame, because he only played a few years (albeit good ones)

I think the Hall of Fame should represent someone's long track record of work, not what they contributed for a few months. But that's just my opinion. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Someone that comes to mind with the newer member part is @Zweiland . I'd say that Z is perfectly worthy and he's been around for a little over 2 years.

Also, with the recycling of nominees, it could be possible that one or more people could just go through the vote many times and not get inducted. I think that it would be better to select nominees based on current opinions/standards and not recycle 3/5 of the nominees every year.
Well it wouldn't be every year. There's a cut off for everything and if they don't get in this year...maybe you have a limit to the amount of years.

Or why don't you just nominate more people...does it have to be 5?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom