TAFI Town Hall

Sam Magic

That's true. I was just trying to think of a solution to a problem that we had before all of this scheduling stuff.
Actually the problem was the a contest would be held, the five people would want to host one right after. Eventually it was worked at Jdm would go then someone else. That gave birth to the ICS as a way to avoid that issue.

DinoInstitute

We should still at least give some sort of announcement or something to let people know when you intend to host one, not just start up the thread at some random time. Not only does it build anticipation, but it also lets people plan out when they may want to compete as well as allow aspiring hosts to communicate in private with each other about hosting at the same time. All up to them really, just giving a notice would be helpful.

Sam Magic

We should still at least give some sort of announcement or something to let people know when you intend to host one, not just start up the thread at some random time. Not only does it build anticipation, but it also lets people plan out when they may want to compete as well as allow aspiring hosts to communicate in private with each other about hosting at the same time. All up to them really, just giving a notice would be helpful.
Maybe have all announcements be here like this past year? Hosts could include their dates in announcement too.

Zweiland

This was something we discussed. I'd say a month's prior notice would be a good idea if you want your comp to count for ICS points.

Of course, if you don't care about ICS affiliation, announce your comp whenever you want. Or don't. *shrug*

DinoInstitute

Maybe have all announcements be here like this past year? Hosts could include their dates in announcement too.
Yeah here would be a great place. They can include dates if they want, but at least just a general time frame (such as -comp- coming mid March! Get ready!). It's really all up to them... This announcement idea would just be a suggestion to help out.

Zweiland

Yeah here would be a great place. They can include dates if they want, but at least just a general time frame (such as -comp- coming mid March! Get ready!). It's really all up to them... This announcement idea would just be a suggestion to help out.
I think it's a good idea to include at least semi-specific dates if you want your comp to be mentioned in the newsletter.

spacemt354

Chili's
Competitions out of the blue, unless they are going to recruit new members, are probably not going to generate interest from many regular members on here because people need to plan ahead.

A good advertising schedule - starting a month or two before the comp, will notify people and let them plan ahead.

I think including the length of the comp is also a good idea as well.

Sam Magic

Just to note...we have already tested this new system out. When planning the Creator Games for next year we realized a big problem last year was school finals...so we wanted to move our contests up a few weeks to adjust for this and build in time for Spring Break. We then, under this proposed system, contacted RM21 to make sure he was okay with a slight overlap. Conversation is still going, but it's only led to a positive discussion. I think that so far this system works.

RMichael21

Just to note...we have already tested this new system out. When planning the Creator Games for next year we realized a big problem last year was school finals...so we wanted to move our contests up a few weeks to adjust for this and build in time for Spring Break. We then, under this proposed system, contacted RM21 to make sure he was okay with a slight overlap. Conversation is still going, but it's only led to a positive discussion. I think that so far this system works.
Yep, its been discussed and I'm enjoying a nice conversation with Sam, space and IDI. For me at least, this system works.

Last edited:

Matt7187

Coming in September...​

6284861_orig.png

Thanks to @Zweiland for making this back in January

The Choice is the newest competition coming to WDWMagic forums. Featuring @spacemt354 and @Voxel as judges, and @Sam4D23, @MonorailRed, @englanddg, and @TheOriginalTiki as "advisors".

Look for sign ups on September 15th.​

Matt7187

I know I've been pimping this for a long time, but I still need more people to sign up for the WDWMagic Fantasy Football league, but I still need 6 people by September 13th, draft day. The league name is WDWMagic Fantasy Football, password WDWMagic. So far the 6 people in are:
- @Matt7187
- @MonorailRed
- @tcool
- @DSquared
- @LittleGiants16
- @spacemt354

I hope to see you guys on draft day!

Zweiland

I know I've been pimping this for a long time, but I still need more people to sign up for the WDWMagic Fantasy Football league, but I still need 6 people by September 13th, draft day. The league name is WDWMagic Fantasy Football, password WDWMagic. So far the 6 people in are:
- @Matt7187
- @MonorailRed
- @tcool
- @DSquared
- @LittleGiants16
- @spacemt354

I hope to see you guys on draft day!
Okay, I've never played on the ESPN site before, so this might be a stupid question: is there any way to upload a custom logo, or do you have to choose one from the templates?

Matt7187

Sept 13 I think.

Though doesn't the season starts before that? I'm guessing week 1 will just not count and our teams will start week 2
Yeah, I didn't realize the season started this early, so we will miss like one week. But if we can't fill the the 5 remaining spots, we may not even draft at all

Zweiland

Yeah, I didn't realize the season started this early, so we will miss like one week. But if we can't fill the the 5 remaining spots, we may not even draft at all
Is it just an Imagineering league or a WDWMagic league? If it's the latter, post the link in the NFL discussion thread in the Sports section. I'm sure you could fill a few spots that way.

Matt7187

Is it just an Imagineering league or a WDWMagic league? If it's the latter, post the link in the NFL discussion thread in the Sports section. I'm sure you could fill a few spots that way.
That's a good idea,thank you! I really want this league to happen since my other one got cancelled, so hopefully I get some people there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom