Table service or quick service in Epcot?

pirategal

Hello all! My family's trip is a long way off ('bout 180 days ), and I'm looking for some dining advice. Our party will consist of my parents (senior-ish folks), my husband and me, and our two daughters (6 and 3rd birthday then).We will have a single day in Epcot, with an afternoon nap break.

I plan to do quick service (probably Sunshine Seasons or another future world locale) for lunch but am undecided about dinner. With only one day there, do we grab quick service and see as much of World Showcase as we can in the evening? Or would enjoying a slower dinner in one of the well-themed restaurants be better? When older DD was 3, we took her to Biergarten and she loved it. I'm just wondering if they'd enjoy strolling the countries and seeing the street performers just as well? And with a cheaper dinner bill?

Sorry for the ridiculously long post....so, QS or TS? And location suggested would be great

Mukta

I would go with TS. I's a nice air conditioned break for everyone. For your family, I would suggest Garden Grill, Teppan Edo (if you don't have teppanyaki near your house) or Biergarten again.

There aren't as many fun street performers as there used to be.

Upvote 0

KJ1081

I 2nd a sip and snack around the world. My husband and I tried it last trip and it was the best evening we had all trip. It's a great opportunity to try all kinds of new things, and if you split meals you can try twice as much.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Ohhhh, theres soooo many great TS restaurants to choose from. There are a lot of great QS and snack items available too, but.... Youre at EP!!!! I'd want to treat myself and enjoy a good meal in a relaxing, well themed restaurant. Sure the bill will be more but youll have a more memorable experience with the family. And even though it will take longer to eat, youll still have plenty of time to see everything and enjoy all EP has to offer. But I'd look through all the reviews and menu items to be sure to find something that will wow everyone. My personal fav at this time... La Hacienda de San Angel. So pass up the easy choice to save $$$ and splurge this time, you wont regret treating yourself.

Upvote 0

pirategal

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! And keep them coming ;). I don't know how successful we'll be snacking around the world showcase with little ones, but I'm leaning towards trying! Maybe we can start the girls off with something substantial to keep their tummies happy.

Dont miss the fish and chips.
We've never had the fish and chips, but sounds yummy!

I would go with TS. I's a nice air conditioned break for everyone. For your family, I would suggest Garden Grill, Teppan Edo (if you don't have teppanyaki near your house) or Biergarten again.

There aren't as many fun street performers as there used to be.
Thanks for the reply! We'll be there the end of Feb/beginning of March, so I'm hoping the need for air conditioning won't be too great!

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

I'm a quick service and snack kinda guy but then again the #1 reason I go to WDW is to eat. I'll have breakfast, then second breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, supper and then exit Epcot thru the international gateway so that I can have a snack and dessert along the Boardwalk. 3 more weeks.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

I forgot some recommendations. My 2 favorite quick service locations that also happen to be kid friendly would be in Germany and France. France especially with the Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles which is in the back of the pavilion because it's soups, salads and sandwiches authentic to France but also kid friendly. Real champagne and a croque monsieur in a little french cafe. In Germany I love Sommerfest for your bratwurst and german beer, but also for the awesome nudel gratin. Again this spot is in the back of the pavilion and gives you the feeling of being in a german village.

Upvote 0

pirategal

Original Poster
Thank you @JIMINYCR and @Mickey5150! Both great suggestions and not making my decision easier:confused: :)

Not that I really need to choose now...perhaps I'll book a table service while I can and think on it...for the next 5 1/2 months:joyfull:.

La Hacienda de San Angel always looked like a great place to me, but my mom isn't a big Mexican food fan, unfortunately.

We've been to the French quick service and love it. If we don't eat dinner there, we'll definitely be picking up some goodies for the next morning! And haven't tried Sommerfest, but looks good. We've always walked past for some Oktoberfest fun:).

I guess I'm just wondering what the kids would enjoy the most (read- keep them happy and content when we're already over stimulating them, especially the three year old!). We can spend the money on a TS, I just don't know if that'd be the best choice...?

Love all the input, thank you!

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

Thank you @JIMINYCR and @Mickey5150! Both great suggestions and not making my decision easier:confused: :)

Not that I really need to choose now...perhaps I'll book a table service while I can and think on it...for the next 5 1/2 months:joyfull:.

La Hacienda de San Angel always looked like a great place to me, but my mom isn't a big Mexican food fan, unfortunately.

We've been to the French quick service and love it. If we don't eat dinner there, we'll definitely be picking up some goodies for the next morning! And haven't tried Sommerfest, but looks good. We've always walked past for some Oktoberfest fun:).

I guess I'm just wondering what the kids would enjoy the most (read- keep them happy and content when we're already over stimulating them, especially the three year old!). We can spend the money on a TS, I just don't know if that'd be the best choice...?

True, doesn't hurt to book a TS now which will be much easier then if you decide the week before your trip you want TS. Last summer I was there with my niece 4 and my nephew 7 so I understand about keeping the kids happy. The thing I noticed with them in Epcot is that there is so much just to look at that would keep their attention. My niece would watch any performers making noise and my nephew could watch the train in Germany for hours. One thing we did a few times which I don't normally do on adult trips is taking the boat that's in Epcot. Between a short wait in line and then a short boat ride it's a nice way to slow things down for a moment. If you take the boat that exits by Germany then you can stop by the Werthers Caramel Kitchen for a sweet treat.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

Okay....wow. There's a boat in Epcot?! I've only been there a dozen or so times...I had no idea:oops:. I will have to check that out, thank you @Mickey5150!
There are 2 boats that cross the lake from future world side across to Germany and I think the other boat goes to Morocco. I know they run during the day but I think they stop in the late afternoon once the barges for illuminations come out.

Upvote 0

Tinkerkelle

guess I'm just wondering what the kids would enjoy the most (read- keep them happy and content when we're already over stimulating them, especially the three year old!). We can spend the money on a TS, I just don't know if that'd be the best choice...?

My boys loved garden grill, upstairs from sunshine seasons. Restaurant rotates slowly so you look down into different parts of living with the land ride. Also character dining with chip and dale, mickey and pluto. Food is served family style and was lovely, what we (as Scots!!) thought of as thanksgiving? Fun but different to the options in WS. So many choices in Epcot. We're snacking round the world using our snack credits this year. Yum!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
With only one day in EPCOT I'd have lunch in SS and dinner at Tangerine Café and goodies at Les Hailles and maybe another snack or 2 while strolling WS. Seeing EPCOT is a park that takes 2 days to see taking time for a TS meal wouldn't make sense to be, not to mention saving money.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I'm taking my four year old in April and Epcot is the only time I'm not planning any sit down meals. What I love about Disney is that they let you bring in food, so I figure I'll pack some easy snacks and maybe a PB&J for her if she decides to be picky, but in 99% of the countries I know I'll be able to find something she'll eat. Plus, it'll get us both out of our food comfort zones which will be awesome. Depends on how picky the kids are though.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

Kids do not need constant stimulating entertainment, just the opposite. Epcot has always been my kids' favorite because they can slow down and enjoy the little things. Especially at the age your children are, world showcase is a great place for them to stop and enjoy the little things like the train in Germany, banging on the drums at the African outpost, watching the ducks, etc. The street performers are great, my favorites are the mime in Italy, and the acrobat "server" in France. For some reason(which I have never figured out) some people say to skip Epcot with little kids. I say the opposite. Epcot is one of the best parks for them.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Kids do not need constant stimulating entertainment, just the opposite. Epcot has always been my kids' favorite because they can slow down and enjoy the little things. Especially at the age your children are, world showcase is a great place for them to stop and enjoy the little things like the train in Germany, banging on the drums at the African outpost, watching the ducks, etc. The street performers are great, my favorites are the mime in Italy, and the acrobat "server" in France. For some reason(which I have never figured out) some people say to skip Epcot with little kids. I say the opposite. Epcot is one of the best parks for them.
Couldn't agree more!!

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

Okay....wow. There's a boat in Epcot?! I've only been there a dozen or so times...I had no idea:oops:. I will have to check that out, thank you @Mickey5150!

There are 2 boats that cross the lake from future world side across to Germany and I think the other boat goes to Morocco. I know they run during the day but I think they stop in the late afternoon once the barges for illuminations come out.

The Friendship boats run until about 7pm and then stop so they can prepare better for Illuminations. They do run once the main barges come out every day around 3pm (I know because we rode around them on the boat back in June).

As far as the original topic of this thread. Check out Teppan Edo, you get a fantastic dinner and a show, which I think the kids might enjoy.
And for sweets, Karamell Kuche in Germany, Les Halles in France are not to be missed! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom