symphony mountain

dopey

Original Poster
here’s an attraction i’d like to see: i call it symphony mountain.

it would be like mount rushmore, only with four all-time great composers – I’m going with mozart, beethoven, bach and chopin – and would have a roller coaster going up, around and through it.

you start off at the base, travel up and around the faces while classical music from the masters is pumped through speakers in the cars (like r&r coaster).

then when you get inside the mountain, the coaster slows down and riders watch scenes from fantasia playing on a series of giant screens. I mean there would be screens all over the place, large and small. this would be complemented by animatronic characters and maybe even a hologram of wizard mickey at the conclusion of the interior portion of the ride.

once you exit, the coaster plunges down a steep drop and then it’s the usual coaster stuff. whattayathink?

M

Mr Lightbeer

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
Kind of weak...

It's not THAT good!:D

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 168
M

Mr Lightbeer

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

Your so compassionate Mr. Lightbeer :D:D

Whaddya mean, I have compassion, I was gonna say it sounds more like Defecation Mountain,but I didn't wanna hurt the guy's feelings.

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 162

Chad

Geez, you guys are HARSH!

I don't know..I can't really see a Roller Coaster, or any thrill ride themed to mozart. All throughout this I started thinking about Rock n' Roller Coaster turned into Crazy Classical Coaster..

Anyways.
Imagineer and lightbeer, come on, be a little civil :)

<>shakes his head,"Defecation mountain..Oy.."<>

dopey

Original Poster
chad, thanks for the support. but don't worry about me.

these guys are obviously low-brow, malcontent knuckle-draggers who lack any creative vision of their own, so they offer only feeble gibes against others who are bold enough to actually bring some imagination to these boards.

i'm happy to accept constructive criticism from people who have the intellectual capacity to proffer sound arguments for or against any given topic. but i refuse to engage in a battle of wits with the defenseless. i mean, mr. lightbeer couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c-a-t.

anyway, i think a take-off on mount rushmore is a good idea. it doesn't have to be great composers. i just thought of that because i know walt loved classical music (and no, wdw-imaginner, i don't mean led zeppelin).

it could be cool to have a mountain with the faces of mickey, donald, goofy and pluto. and perhaps it could be a slow ride instead of a roller coaster, something like spaceship earth, which i find simply dazzling. instead of communications, the theme is great music.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Ah yes but, I was the one that new defecation and I.B.S. were two completely different things dopey,ya big dope!;)

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 154

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by dopey
chad, thanks for the support. but don't worry about me.

these guys are obviously low-brow, malcontent knuckle-draggers who lack any creative vision of their own, so they offer only feeble gibes against others who are bold enough to actually bring some imagination to these boards.

i'm happy to accept constructive criticism from people who have the intellectual capacity to proffer sound arguments for or against any given topic. but i refuse to engage in a battle of wits with the defenseless. i mean, mr. lightbeer couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c-a-t.

Well, were just letting you know that not all ideas submitted here are gonna get rave reviews. Just because we all love Disney, were not gonna say "Oh, that is the best ride every" or "Cool idea, tell me more".

Originally posted by dopey
anyway, i think a take-off on mount rushmore is a good idea. it doesn't have to be great composers. i just thought of that because i know walt loved classical music (and no, wdw-imaginner, i don't mean led zeppelin).

it could be cool to have a mountain with the faces of mickey, donald, goofy and pluto. and perhaps it could be a slow ride instead of a roller coaster, something like spaceship earth, which i find simply dazzling. instead of communications, the theme is great music.

Sorry, but when I think about Classical Music, I think about Berlioz, Liszt, Wagner, Tchaikovsky, and those famous guys who everybody else knows; Beethoven, Mozart, & Bach. I think about Led Zeppelin when I hear Classic ROCK Music.

Let me ask you a question... Where in the hell do you expect put this ride?? I admit it is a new, fresh idea (I gotta give you credit for that), but how many people are gonna be like "Lets go to Classical Music Mountain!!!"..."Yeah, we better get there before there is a 2 minute wait!". If Disney ever builds the rumored Disney American Adventure (a whole park, not the pavilion in WS), just maybe it would go fit in there. Plus, your ride needs theming throughout the entire ride in order for it to be even considered. You said, "once you exit, the coaster plunges down a steep drop and then it’s the usual coaster stuff." Have you ever been on a Disney roller coaster that does that??? Every Disney coaster is themed throughout the entire ride. That is what puts Disney ahead of Universal & Six Flags when it comes to Roller coasters. Disney may not have the fastest, highest, most-times upside-down roller coasters, but they definitely have the greatest roller coasters as far as quality and overall excitement is concerned.

If my review was a bit harsh, then too bad. In the end you will thank me because I and giving you the public's point of view. I understand that it is hard for somebody who thinks of an idea, to accept criticism directed toward their idea, but its part of the design process.

dopey

Original Poster
wdw-imagineer, before reading your most recent post here i read your post regarding the lame post society.

i thought your lps post was excellent and a step in the right direction toward getting these boards back to civil discussions of all things disney.

but your post on this thread is hardly in the same spirit.

this is supposed to be fun -- a chance to dream up attractions that we think would compliment wdw. it's doubtful that real imagineers are going to read these posts and send one of us a personal message saying, "oh, my god! you are a genius! we must hire you so we can use your ideas!"

i posted my idea simply because -- as half-baked as it was -- i thought it was kind of neat. i have no illusions that the public will ever see anything that resembles my idea at wdw. disney imagineering has plenty of smart, creative people who are dreaming up their own ideas. they don't need me or any of us wannabe imagineers.

as for criticism, i can take it with no problem. but for you to simply say "that's weak" isn't criticism. it's just a snide put-down. and then, of course, mr. lightbeer piles on and then nobody is discussing the idea. we're all just seeing who can post the most clever insults.

i'm sorry for calling you and mr. lightbeer names. i obviously know nothing about either one of you except that you love wdw as much as i do. if you want to assume the same of me, we can be friends. otherwise, we should all ignore each other.

StarscreamLSU

Yeah - I keep seeing the 'classic music coaster' Chad mentioned.

It's a good idea, just seems that it's being forced to be a roller coaster. There are some neat ideas though, just lack with the execution and application.

Putting that show with the coaster - seems like it would drag down the lines ALOT. I mean there's usually one track for a coaster and they're meant to get people in an out as fast as possible, but seeing a show then the coaster - man I'm just seeing 4 hour lines on slow days.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Just thought I'd put my twopence worth in on the subject.I will keep it short and to the point.This is supposed to be fun you say,but you and a few others on this board treat it like anything but fun.You are very precious and serious about Disney and my friend I have to tell you that it was never intended to be anything but fun.To some and you may be one of them Disney is a religion it takes over their lives, they love Disney more than Disney love Disney.I love Disney, I've spent an absolute fortune visiting but I'm not as serious ,precious or passionette as others,what I am serious and passionette about is racism,poverty,famine,child abuse,injustice,genocide I could go on and on.These are things that REALLY matter!!!
I treat this board as fun and I know I can appear harsh sometimes but 99.9% of my posts are meant to be taken as a joke,(the 0.1% is that Jay London is a scumbag) if you have a different sense of humour to me or as I suspect none at all (joke) you will struggle to be amused .Some people who I have poked fun at like,Seano 846,WDW Imagineer,Jay Rod,Jay-London etc have given as good as they have recieved,and quite right too,so we have fun on the board .I use this board a lot and every day I'm amazed I'm still a member,keep thinking I'lll be booted off for upseting one of you.The internet can be evasive,but I can assure you I am like this in real life,I like a laugh and a joke most of the time,Christ I could wake up dead in the morning so I don't take everything so serious.I said I would keep it short and now I'm waffling a bit so I'll wrap it up soon.You may think me unpopular on this board but I have recieved countless P.M.s saying how funny one remark or another was and basicly telling me to keep it up,as one member put it " you just say what most of us want to say but for one reason or another dont!.To sum it all up bear this fact in mind.On this side of the pond for sure ,and this may upset you but ,the phrase "Mickey Mouse" is used as a derogatory remark.So take a chill pill.

Oh and by the way unlike you I don't use a spel chequer,and I'm sayin nothin bout your grammar and punctuation!;)

Attachments

• smiley2.gif
    smiley2.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 137

Tramp

Dopey....

I kinda like the idea of a Symphony Mountain....but this thread is too deep for me so i'll leave it at that....

By the way...I think most of the LPS threads were in the Chit Chat section which is designated for anything and everything so I hope it didn't interfere with those members who wanted to talk "ALL Disney."

I love laughing with the Brits....these are good folks....with a keen sense of poking fun at themselves and others too. When someone can laugh at their silly selves, they leave very little to criticize.

Since Lightbeer mentioned the Spell Check thing....I feel obligated to post this image....

dopey

Original Poster
let me start by thanking starscream and tramp for their comments on the actual topic started here. i appreciate your feedback.

as for you, mr. lightbeer, i extend an olive branch and you crap all over it. i was under the mistaken impression that we were trying to restore a modicum of civility here.

well, that’s ok, because your composed aboiements unwittingly buttress the “precious” attitude i and other express toward disney.

i think most people on this board are good people and i’m certain we all share your concerns about racism, poverty, famine, child abuse, injustice and genocide. but one reason so many are passionate about disney is because it allows us a chance to escape those concerns of the real world for a few days.

certainly you must share this perspective to some extent or you wouldn’t have spent “an absolute fortune” on something so frivolous when your money could have been used to help solve those more pressing world problems you mentioned. or are you simply a hypocrite?

you may continue to disparage those of us who consider disney to be one of the most magical places man ever created. you may dismiss us as fanatics when we express our fervent desires to see wdw maintain the legacy walt disney created. but i don’t think it’s trivial or absurd to have a passion for something that makes so many people happy.

my point to you, friend, is that it isn’t necessary to be mean-spirited toward others in order to have fun. nor does it require much wit to act like some hircine smachet. you pretend to know me, thinking i’m some sort of humorless disney zealot who can’t abide criticism. nothing could be further from the truth, as others on this board could attest. but you’re unwilling to give others the same benefit of the doubt that you so demand when you immerd these boards with your caustic persiflage, vitriol and auto-lecheury.

good day to you, sir.

p.s. "mickey mouse" is also a term of disparagment here in the colonies. and it may shock you that i have used it in that manner in the past. but when i turned 6 years old, i realized it was a cliche, so i haven't used it much since.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Look,I can see you're embarrased ,I made fun of your mountain,that was really mean of me,you wear your Disney heart on the sleeve of your anorak what can I say.All's I said was "it's not THAT good"and that remark was not even directed to you.I think you've made a "MOUNTAIN" out of a mole hill,if you'll excuse the pun.

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 98

dopey

Original Poster
mr. lightbeer, i couldn't give a rat's patoot what you think...about anything. i leave you with this quote:

"to call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people!"

woofboy111

I think the ride might have some potential, if a good home is found for it, and it needs a better story that goes throught out the ride, not just before the coaster part. With the Mt. Rushmore thing, its a good idea, but if you look at the Dudley Do right ride at IoA, you will notice that they took the same Mt. Rushmore idea and put Dudley and other charachters in the rides moutain. I personally don't think it would go over big at Universal if disney builds a spinoff of Mt. Rushmore too (in the same area at least).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom