Sword in the stone

Phroobar

Original Poster
Does anyone know if Merlin still does the Sword in the Stone show in fantasyland? Do you know what time it is done?

Phroobar

Original Poster
Sad. I thought I haven't seen it in a long time. I thought I was just never there at the right time. I wonder why they stopped it?

kkocka

Yeah that breaks my heart that it's not continued still. Just another fan favorite film to get pushed out of our memories.

D

Deleted member 107043

I've always wondered about this too. It was one of the best additions of the New Fantasyland.

Kuhio

I saw this electromagnetic Thor's hammer video recently, and thought that something similar could be adapted at DL for an updated version of the Sword in the Stone:

If the hammer is placed on a metal surface (it would likely have to be in a dedicated, enclosed meet-and-greet space), Thor could occasionally challenge guests to pick it up. After the unsuccessful attempt, Thor would then easily lift the hammer himself -- though the process would probably be faster and more effective if the thumbprint scanner were to be replaced with an RFID device or something similar.

Every so often, or maybe at specified show times throughout the day, the electromagnets could be turned off, and a "worthy" child would be allowed to lift Mjolnir.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom