Swiss Family Treehouse to close for a brief refurbishment in March

3Caballeros

My 5 year old will be disappointed... she loves to pretend as we walk thru. Thankfully, it is never crowded & she can take her time...& go thru it over & over & over while DH is on space mountain. I do like looking out over to the castle. I won't be disappointed but she will be.

Dwarful

we always climb it once during the day and at least once or twice in the evening every trip. There have been (shockingly) times we have had to revisit because I cannot stand to climb it during a line where I feel pressured to hurry through. We took photos one year it was packed. I don't know if it was a tour group or what but it was kind of strange to see.

ParentsOf4

Swiss Family Treehouse, along with Tom Sawyer Island and Frontierland Shootin' Arcade, are among the Magic Kingdom "hidden gems" (or at least underappreciated experiences), intentionally nostalgic even when the park opened in 1971.

I'm dreading the day when they inevitably get replaced by some trendy overlay or yet another shop selling the same generic merchandise. :(

Atomicmickey

With comments like these on a popular Disney Fan Board, I'm surprised they don't just tear it down.

Really, people?

Actually--the best thing that Disney could do would be to do a reboot/remake at this point. Amp up the action to modern day levels, keep the core of the story, and you'd probably have a hit. I am not sure it would be a tentpole/franchise launcher, so they probably won't do it, but still.

And, for now, don't touch the darn thing. Polish it up, and dust it off, and keep it nice. It's a great attraction, like Tom Sawyer island, that is a Disney classic break from the insanity.

You do know if they took it out it would be replaced by a DVC booth, right?

rodserling27

Damn, too bad! I love the Treehouse. Flying solo at WDW in a few weeks, taking my time through it is one of my favorite things to do to relax, believe it or not. I arrive on the 16th so I'll have to make the most of it.

Irie

Swiss Family Treehouse, along with Tom Sawyer Island and Frontierland Shootin' Arcade, are among the Magic Kingdom "hidden gems" (or at least underappreciated experiences), intentionally nostalgic even when the park opened in 1971.

I'm dreading the day when they inevitably get replaced by some trendy overlay or yet another shop selling the same generic merchandise. :(
I agree. I hear many people complain about the lack of things to do . when I asked them what they did they mention only 1/2 of the attractions. The parks are meant to be taken in as a whole. I think too many people run from e-ticket to e-ticket without taking in the "theme" of the theme park.
This does not excuse TDO/TWDC from creating new things however.

officialtom

Thanks! We'll save it for our second day at MK after the 28th. Sure, it's not our favourite part of MK, but we always like to explore it a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom