Swimming with the Dolphins, Is it worth it??

Pmiln

Original Poster
Hi, im going to Orlando, Florida next year and was wondering is it worth a trip to Discovery Cove.
Ive been orlando a fair few times and enjoyed all the attraction that orlando has, appart from Discovery Cove.
I hear it quite expensive and was wondering if you guys out there could help and answer a few questions.
I was wondering if you get value for money?
I also hear you have to book well in advance and was wondering hw long?
How long do you have with the dolphins?
What type of activities do you do with the dolphins?
Any additional information would be a great help!
Thanks look forward to hearing from you. :zipit:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Well, I haven't done the Discovery Cove Dolphin Swim (yet) but I posted a thread just like this (Discovery Cove) on June 4th - suggest you take a read of the replies I received. It was as a result of these replies that I booked the Discovery Cove swim.
We're going Easter 2003 and booked it as soon as it was available - you can book a maximum of 12 months ahead.
Also take a look at the web site www.discoverycove.com/index.asp
Hope this helps you make up your mind.

wahooskipper

My mom just swam with the dolphins at a park down in South Florida (Miami Seaquarium) a couple of weeks ago. She had a great time and said it was certainly worth what she paid. I think the Discovery Cove price was similar to what she had to pay in Miami but in Orlando you get a hole park to have fun in.

sig

It is completely worth it! It is quite expensive especially converted to Canadian funds! When we tell people how much we paid they nearly fall off their chairs! Definitely a once in lifetime thing. Besides the obvious swimming with the dolphins!!! snorkelling, relaxing on the beach, you are completely catered to, a resort feel, gourmet lunch, washroom facilites, showers/supplies/towels. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WDWspider

So how much are we talking really? Is food extra too.

You guys have me very interested, maybe next trip I will have money for this set aside. I briefly saw it on TV once, but never gave it much thought til now, it does sound fun.

tenchu

Originally posted by spider-man

You guys have me very interested, maybe next trip I will have money for this set aside. I briefly saw it on TV once, but never gave it much thought til now, it does sound fun.

I think you get a 7 day pass for seaworld included in the price.

markymark

Originally posted by spider-man

It's just overt $200 for the day including the swim Click Here for pricing info.

PLUS dont forget you also get the 7day SW pass included!

WDWspider

Oh wow! Thanks for the link, I really think I may do this next time. The price is very reasonable. Food is included too, also the Seaworld pass. This is a great buy. Even the $400 package seems fun.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom