Swalphin to Become a Marriott?

BoarderPhreak

Original Poster
I wondered this too. Starwood only manages the resorts, though, so maybe some changes in how they manage reservations and rewards perks.
http://www.swandolphinmedia.com/facts.html

The handling of Starwood points is definitely a concern. I would imagine they'll be honored, though perhaps no new ones will accrue going forward.

Dare to dream that they could end up in Disney's hands??

That would only mean a rate increase. :p

I doubt much will change, especially for guest facing aspects.

Most likely, at least for a while.

njDizFan

I am a satisfied Starwood Vacation Network owner and I'm a little concerned. I definately think Marriott is a great chain and have superb resorts but will Starwood owners now have access to this line of business? And how will it effect the relationship with Interval International and the internal time shares? I image all of our points will be honored. Bascially I can only hope that we have the same exact system as current plus the added benefit of using their in network resorts.

jlsHouston

Gee I was always a Sheraton fan... I wish the acquisition went the other way. I've never been big on Marriot. And Hilton.. I really try to love Hilton but they are just so inconsistent. At least Hyatt, who I don't love is consistent. I had to give up on the Hyatts though because they charge for Disney channel...

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
These things take years to complete so for the short term, I wouldn't worry about any changes.

Long term, these hotels will be managed by Marriott and once Starwood's original contract expires, it will be up to Tishman Realty & Construction Corp and MetLife who manages the resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom