Survivor: Game Changers - Mamanuca Islands

PUSH

I was just listening to an old podcast on Rob Has a Podcast with Rob, Richard Hatch and Kim Spradlin (a phenomenal trio if they were all ever to play again and align together). And Richard's comments gave me a thought for an amazing season. Survivor: Masterminds. Can you imagine that? Well, you don't have to. I simulated it on Brantsteele, and I have your results.

Pretty easy to find 10 legitimate masterminds that are male. Not as easy to find 10 females. I worked with the best I could. If they didn't control their season, I kind of went for players who know the game and know the strategy.

Tribe 1: Aubry (Koah Rong), Brian (Thailand), Ciera (BvW, Cambodia, Game Changers), Cochran (South Pacific, Caramoan), Kim (One World), Parvati (Cook Islands, Micronesia, HvV), Richard (Borneo, All-Stars), Russell (Samoa, HvV, Redemption Island), Sophie (South Pacific), Yul (Cook Islands)

Tribe 2: Andrea (Redemption Island, Caramoan, Game Changers), Cirie (Panama, Micronesia, HvV, Game Changers), Penner (Cook Islands, Micronesia, Philippines), Wentworth (San Juan del Sur, Cambodia), Malcolm (Philippines, Caramoan, Game Changers), Natalie (San Juan del Sur), Rob Cesternino (The Amazon, All-Stars), Boston Rob (Marquesas, All-Stars, HvV, Redemption Island), Sandra (Pearl Islands, HvV, Game Changers), Tony (Cagayan, Game Changers)

And now their rankings...

20. Russell (med-evac)
19. Malcolm
18. Tony
17. Cochran
16. Richard
15. Sandra
14. Parvati
13. Yul
12. Ciera
11. Sophie
10. Andrea
9. Cirie
8. Kim
7. Brian
6. Penner
5. Aubry
4. Wentworth
T-2. Boston Rob (1 vote)
T-2. Rob Cesternino (1 vote)
1. Natalie (8 votes)

Can you imagine how intense and entertaining that season would be?

Tick Tock

I was just listening to an old podcast on Rob Has a Podcast with Rob, Richard Hatch and Kim Spradlin (a phenomenal trio if they were all ever to play again and align together). And Richard's comments gave me a thought for an amazing season. Survivor: Masterminds. Can you imagine that? Well, you don't have to. I simulated it on Brantsteele, and I have your results.

Pretty easy to find 10 legitimate masterminds that are male. Not as easy to find 10 females. I worked with the best I could. If they didn't control their season, I kind of went for players who know the game and know the strategy.

Tribe 1: Aubry (Koah Rong), Brian (Thailand), Ciera (BvW, Cambodia, Game Changers), Cochran (South Pacific, Caramoan), Kim (One World), Parvati (Cook Islands, Micronesia, HvV), Richard (Borneo, All-Stars), Russell (Samoa, HvV, Redemption Island), Sophie (South Pacific), Yul (Cook Islands)

Tribe 2: Andrea (Redemption Island, Caramoan, Game Changers), Cirie (Panama, Micronesia, HvV, Game Changers), Penner (Cook Islands, Micronesia, Philippines), Wentworth (San Juan del Sur, Cambodia), Malcolm (Philippines, Caramoan, Game Changers), Natalie (San Juan del Sur), Rob Cesternino (The Amazon, All-Stars), Boston Rob (Marquesas, All-Stars, HvV, Redemption Island), Sandra (Pearl Islands, HvV, Game Changers), Tony (Cagayan, Game Changers)

And now their rankings...

20. Russell (med-evac)
19. Malcolm
18. Tony
17. Cochran
16. Richard
15. Sandra
14. Parvati
13. Yul
12. Ciera
11. Sophie
10. Andrea
9. Cirie
8. Kim
7. Brian
6. Penner
5. Aubry
4. Wentworth
T-2. Boston Rob (1 vote)
T-2. Rob Cesternino (1 vote)
1. Natalie (8 votes)

Can you imagine how intense and entertaining that season would be?
Swap Russell's Week 1 medic evac with a tantrum / meltdown / voluntary exit like his little brother's hissy fit...and I'd say you have just created the best season ever.

I'll come back and re-read all your details more in-depth after tonight's actual episode. Happy watching!

Tick Tock

I'm getting to where I like Sandra more and more with each passing episode.

I wonder who...
Next week's returning survivor will be, and how that will play into the season?

PUSH

Michaela provides the best reactions, but she's kind of crazy, too.

Sandra must have made JT feel incredibly safe for him not to use his idol. Speaking of idols, apparently Tai is the new idol whisperer.

After 3 times playing the game, JT has really been knocked down in terms of all-time rankings. His goof-up in Heroes vs Villains was a big risk - dumb if it doesn't work, but great if it does. But why would you put your faith into someone you've said two words to? This time around, though, he made the dumbest mistake in recent memory. Arguably the dumbest mistake since his Heroes vs Villains blunder.

There's not a lot to be said for Debbie. She's clearly off her rocker.

Next week looks to be interesting. Tribe swap, Exile Island, former contestant returning?? What does that mean? Just visiting? Someone who they've already voted out? Participating in a challenge? And who? If it's another twist, I'm nervous for what it might be. Any thoughts on who the player is and what he/she will do? In a season of Game Changers, I imagine it's a pretty recognizable figure in Survivor history. Boston Rob? Parvati? Russell? Richard? Who knows. I'm interested to find out.

PUSH

I wonder who...
Next week's returning Survivor will be, and how that will play into the season?
My mind goes to "what if they join the game?" But I would hate that, and it'd be totally unfair. Doubt producers would want the backlash of that. Although I can't imagine another scenario that wouldn't just be completely random and unnecessary.

Tick Tock

My mind goes to "what if they join the game?" But I would hate that, and it'd be totally unfair. Doubt producers would want the backlash of that. Although I can't imagine another scenario that wouldn't just be completely random and unnecessary.
Maybe the mystery person will be part of the reward challenge (?) The winning tribe gets to have lunch with whomever and get tips / advice. I can't see them joining into the season in progress with eligibility for the cash prize.

PUSH

Maybe the mystery person will be part of the reward challenge (?) The winning tribe gets to have lunch with whomever and get tips / advice. I can't see them joining into the season in progress with eligibility for the cash prize.
The reward wouldn't make sense, because all of these players are returnees... they don't need survival advice. And a random former player coming would know nothing of their situation in the game to give them advice on that.

I just can't wrap my head around what it might be.

Tick Tock

The reward wouldn't make sense, because all of these players are returnees... they don't need survival advice. And a random former player coming would know nothing of their situation in the game to give them advice on that.

I just can't wrap my head around what it might be.
Good points. Maybe the person will in fact join in and be part of the game. I agree it is completely unfair though. If this does turn out being the surprise twist, don't expect whomever it is to last long, as they will be faced with immediate resentment from the other members who've had to face the elements & fight it out up until this point, while mystery person gets extra time to rest and prepare.

PUSH

I also fear my theory of 3 tribes of 5 is falling short with the Exile Island twist. It will probably be two tribes of 7, with the remaining loner off to Exile. Maybe that will somehow tie into the former castaway??? I have no clue. The Survivor geek in me is freaking out about the possibilities and speculating every scenario in my head... but none make sense.

PUSH

I don't need to see Boston Rob again... Russell is a better option as far as entertainment goes. Who I need to see again is Parvati. Everyone who has been with these threads long enough knows how high of a pedestal I have her on. :hilarious: Although I'd take Kim's game over Parvati's, but she's only played once, whereas Parvati has done it multiple times... larger body of work.

PUSH

Maybe it's Amanda. Could you imagine Ozzy's face when she steps off the boat?
Amanda... PASS. Overrated. Although I think she could have been dangerous if she played with the villains in season 20. The Heroes were one of the least strategic groups ever.

PUSH

The whole Heroes tribe made me want to gag past the first few votes... probably because Rupert and Colby were the two that lasted the longest, and arguably the two least strategic players on that season.

The Villains tribe, though... best tribe ever? I think so.

PUSH

Found this online about Debbie's meltdown. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

This is how I imagine Debbie deciding to dine out one night:

Waiter: Hi, what would you like tonight?

Debbie: What would you recommend, I like seafood.

Waiter: The salmon is great!

Debbie: Perfect, I'll have the salmon please.

[15 minutes later, waiter presents Debbie with salmon]

Debbie: What the hell is this, I ordered the Margarita pizza. I want to speak to your manager.

Manager: What's the problem 'mam?

Debbie: Your waitress practically forced me to order the salmon, this place is a dictatorship

The comment replying to it says...

Except Debbie is also the waiter and the manager

PUSH

Just reading comments on this episode... was this not great entertainment tonight? So many great moments.

The flashbacks to Debbie saying shes good at balancing every time she says Brad forced her to. Then her begging to balance at the next challenge because she's a gymnast. Like, what?

Debbie's crazed laugh after she screams at Culpepper.

Debbie saying she has an 8-pack, lifts up her shirt, no 8-pack.

Debbie saying Hali took 10 minutes when she took 30 seconds... actually flip the names and it's accurate.

Sandra eating the sugar and blaming Michaela (good strategic play, actually, took JT's target off of her). Then her stare right into the camera... TV gold!

Michaela's prop of tea at Tribal Council... gotta love her dramatics.

Last week was great from a Survivor point of view... but this week was great from a crazy, what the beep is happening point of view.

Okay... I'm done with my over-excitedness... for now.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

I wonder who...
Next week's returning survivor will be, and how that will play into the season?
I dislike Sandra more and more with each passing episode.

And I never liked her much to begin with. :hungover:

PUSH

I dislike Sandra more and more with each passing episode.

And I never liked her much to begin with. :hungover:
I did not like her game in Pearl Islands or Heroes vs Villains, but I'm liking her here. She's providing great entertaining, and she's being aggressive. I don't like how she keeps reiterating the fact that she's the queen, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom