Pre-Trip Surviving on No Sleep? You Bet

(Quick Precursor: This is my first Pre-Trip/Trip Report. I'm trying to get everything in there but please no hate if I forget something or do something wrong. Thanks!)

Hey everyone,
So I've been planning on creating this for a while now, but I've been pretty busy with other things (I'm on my school's student government and have been planning events for the year, and I've been out of town a couple times) and haven't had time to create this, but I got around to doing it!

So our upcoming trip is going to be from August 1st through the 5th and we'll be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. We fly in early Monday morning and will be heading off to the beach late Friday night.

The whole family will be coming, including my sister, my parents and myself.
MK_MSATHCLB_7422006781.jpeg
(My sister is on the left, My dad is next, then me, then my Mom on the right)
We planned this trip and decided to make it a celebratory trip for 25 Year Anniversary for my parents and my sister's high school graduation.

We'll be visiting the four theme parks during the stay, and we'll be there from opening to close from each day. (Especially tough after four days of Lollapalooza) Each of these days is what my Dad calls a "deathmarch", as he thinks we could easily kill somebody with our intensity on seeing everything. But, it's what we do!

I think that's everything. Again, sorry for posting this a week before the trip.
Thanks for reading,
Foltzy

Foltzy

Original Poster
I can't believe I forgot something already....our plan and our FastPasses
So our fly-in day we'll be heading to Magic Kingdom and have Big Thunder, Space Mountain, and Seven Dwarves
Tuesday is all Magic Kingdom and it's Splash Mountain, Seven Dwarves, and Space Mountain.
Wednesday is DHS in the morning with Tower of Terror, Toy Story and Star Tours. We'll be heading to either Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom at night.
Thursday is Epcot in the morning and Animal Kingdom at night with Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest, and Kilimanjaro Safaris.
Friday is Magic Kingdom in the morning with Epcot at night.
We still have a few tentative dining plans so I'll post those when they are confirmed.
Thanks,
Foltzy

Foltzy

Original Poster
Finally finalized our dinner reservations. (kind of)
We're getting quick service meals for those not mentioned. Also, all breakfast is going to be from the hotel.

Monday: Dinner at Tony's Town Square*
Tuesday: Dinner at Chef Mickey's
Wednesday: Lunch at Mama Melrose's
Thursday: Lunch at Chefs de France
Friday: Lunch at Tony's*

*We're still deciding which day we want to eat at Tony's
Otherwise, that's all for now
Thanks for reading,
Foltzy

Foltzy

Original Poster
3 more days to go!
I've realized today that it's beneficial to spend your days just before the trip at a music festival...the time goes by really quickly.

But then again, I'll be running on no sleep for the next week
Until next time,
Foltzy

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sounds like you have some nice plans for your vacation. Happy to hear that you'll be staying at WL. They have the most gorgeous lobby there, with all the open space from the ground floor up to the top level--very impressive design. I love the totem poles, rustic chandeliers, and the amazing fireplace with the rocking chairs in front. Enjoy!

Foltzy

Original Poster
Well, this isn't good
Our flight got cancelled (for maintenece on a Monday morning?!?!)
We won't get be getting in until 9:30 compared to our original time of 12:30

LisaBelle

Just read your PTR and realized it is your travel day. Sorry you ran into trouble with your flight :(. Wilderness Lodge is our favorite resort. You will love it. Mama Melrose is a new favorite restaurant. Hope you have a great trip.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, this isn't good
Our flight got cancelled (for maintenece on a Monday morning?!?!)
We won't get be getting in until 9:30 compared to our original time of 12:30

Oh my. That's awful that your flight got cancelled. I assume that while I'm typing this, you're well on your way now to Florida. (Sorry, I was out at work today and didn't get to the TR section here until a while ago.) I hope the rest of the trip goes a lot more smoothly, and I hope that when you finally check into WL, that you'll have a lovely room.

Foltzy

Original Poster
Day 3 is done. Sorry I didn't update last night but I didn't get back to the hotel until like 12:30 last night.
It seems really crowded. But it's still fun. Because, you know, Disney is fun no matter what
Anyways, that's all for now.
Foltzy

Foltzy

Original Poster
Well, we've left and the trip is over. I always think of it as quite the bittersweet moment, as I've gotten lifelong memories but won't be able to make any more for awhile.

Anyways,
I didn't bring my laptop to the beach so I won't be able to start on the TR until Monday. Hopefully, I'll get the pictures onto my computer that week, and can start right away.
Stay tuned,
Foltzy

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, we've left and the trip is over. I always think of it as quite the bittersweet moment, as I've gotten lifelong memories but won't be able to make any more for awhile.

Anyways,
I didn't bring my laptop to the beach so I won't be able to start on the TR until Monday. Hopefully, I'll get the pictures onto my computer that week, and can start right away.
Stay tuned,
Foltzy

Glad you made it home safely and looking forward to your TR updates!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom