Survival of the feetest

With all the ADR's, FP+ reservations and touring plans to stress about the biggest worry I have is my family's feet.:geek: I'm going to try the double socks for myself and when we are anywhere with a lot of walking we always wear well worn shoes (we take multiple pairs) and one of my backpack essentials are blister pads.

After all that, I hate it when they stop selling my favorite shoes/apparel.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
With all the ADR's, FP+ reservations and touring plans to stress about the biggest worry I have is my family's feet.:geek: I'm going to try the double socks for myself and when we are anywhere with a lot of walking we always wear well worn shoes (we take multiple pairs) and one of my backpack essentials are blister pads.

After all that, I hate it when they stop selling my favorite shoes/apparel.
Welcome aboard the boards!

jloucks

Foot and shoe planning actually takes place with our family. About a month before departure we start walking every night in the shoes we are going to take. We get up to over an hour per night without any discomfort and we are good to go.

New Balance have been my shoes of choice the last 3 trips. Along with nice thick socks. Since I never wear sandles I suspect they would cause blisters in strange places. ...they also feel like they leave my feet very exposed. I usually get run over at least once by a scooter so full shoes feel safer.

Blisters and/or foot problems are one of several bad scenarios we actively try to avoid. (other include sunburn and IBS/gastro issues)

Chef Mickey

My wife did an entire Disney trip in Mickey flip flops bought the gift shop for $8.95 after her original shoes were giving her heel pain.

I just wear Nike running shoes and I never have feet issues.

We are also runners, so we are conditioned for the walking at Disney.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
My wife did an entire Disney trip in Mickey flip flops bought the gift shop for $8.95 after her original shoes were giving her heel pain.

I just wear Nike running shoes and I never have feet issues.

We are also runners, so we are conditioned for the walking at Disney.
I power walk! 10-12 miles a days before a trip and come home well rested even going with my commandos (aka kids)

Daniel Johnson

Conditioning is key. Not that I knew I was doing it, we walk about an hour a day, but it's our time to talk about our day...it makes conversing at Disney better too.

StephK

We wore flip flops the entire time! I think us Aussies are more accustomed to it though, we wear them 80% of the year here. ;) One day we had to wear enclosed shoes w/ socks for the Wild Africa Trek at DAK and i swear my feet felt like they were 100 degrees! looking around, majority of people had runners on I had no idea how you all do it!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
YEA!!!!!!!!! I got a pair of crocs capri's (with sequins) Any way I spent all of yesterday in them and my feet were nice and comfy! Shoe problem averted and now to get a few more pairs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom