Survival of the feetest

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
My favorite Disney footwear was discontinued! (glad I stocked up and still have a new pair, my last new one) :mad::eek::mad::banghead:. Now I'm on the hunt for some super comfy sandals! How I loved my Crocs Vezzy's, snif cry! The Capri's just aren't the same! HELP and THNX!

Bairstow

Keens or some variation of "fisherman" sandals are my recommendation. No more stubbed toes, and they're easier to walk in.
You get all the traction and most of the protection of a pair of sneakers with the breathability and amphibious qualities of a sandal.

3442_985_detail.jpg

epcotisbest

Can't wear sandals or Crocs or anything like that in the parks. I always go with a well broken in pair of tennis shoes, usually NB cross trainers, with gel insole inserts and I wear two pair of socks. A little toasty on the toes, but preventing blisters is more important for me. My wife usually wears her running shoes.

JoeCamel

Have worn Reefs for many years, they have so many styles you have to try them on and walk a while to find what you like. I am looking for a replacement that wears like the old $3 generics I got back in the 80's, One - two sets a year and I was comfy.

You do know Crocs survive? The company got new funding so maybe another style will be the same. They should still have the molds.

draybook

Can't wear sandals or Crocs or anything like that in the parks. I always go with a well broken in pair of tennis shoes, usually NB cross trainers, with gel insole inserts and I wear two pair of socks. A little toasty on the toes, but preventing blisters is more important for me. My wife usually wears her running shoes.

Yeah, I got some Asics gt2000's and I always double up on socks and I didn't have a single foot problem.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have worn Reefs for many years, they have so many styles you have to try them on and walk a while to find what you like. I am looking for a replacement that wears like the old $3 generics I got back in the 80's, One - two sets a year and I was comfy.

You do know Crocs survive? The company got new funding so maybe another style will be the same. They should still have the molds.
Thanks the Capri is ok, same base different upper (much stiffer) I think if I break them in they might work, but................

BigHero4

I'm not brave enough to try sandals, but always rock my Brooks PureCadence. A little pricey, but well worth the extra cash. No foot issues with those little slices of Heaven.

Missymoe4

I think my ankles would give out if I wore sandals the entire trip. (But I did look at the Chacos, @DanielJohnson -- maybe I'll try those around my town).

In the past I have switched from gymmies to sandals in the evening and for lighter walking.
They just didn't support my body. :(

Gym shoes all the way. I try to look for cute ones, such Nike Roshe's that come in different colors.

FrostyNaples

No matter your choice of footwear, I've found not wearing the same shoes two days in a row works wonders. not sure on the science behind it, but it works! Even if its just a switch off every other day, your feet will thank you for doing so! :D

BigRedDad

Asics running shoes for me. They can get completely soaked and still be fine. They dry out in a day (I have 2 pair). Everyone is different though. I don't care about getting soaked and will be looking forward to it this Summer.

TXDisney

I'm still young enough to get away with wearing sandals day in and day out walking around the parks. I do always bring a couple pairs of my running shoes just incase though.

Alexis

Oh no sorry to hear that. Maybe they sell them on another website online. Search the Crocs Vezzys on your search engine. I see some sites that are selling them still.

Good luck :) Don't give up. Someone always has them somewhere!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh no sorry to hear that. Maybe they sell them on another website online. Search the Crocs Vezzys on your search engine. I see some sites that are selling them still.

Good luck :) Don't give up. Someone always has them somewhere!
THNX!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll check!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom