Survey Questions

Biff215

So you honestly think they bothered with putting a question on a survey that they couldn't care less what the response was???? Just to make people think that they care? Really?
As was mentioned above, clearly someone thought to include the question. But also mentioned is that it's been there for years, yet Disney looks greedier than ever, particularly in the past 6-12 months.

So, no, I don't really think the execs really care about the results of this survey question, their actions are purely driven by profit and bonuses.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't really think the execs really care about the results of this survey question, their actions are purely driven by profit and bonuses.
I don't know what the execs care about, because I haven't asked them.

But your statement above includes a non-sequitur. People who are driven by profit and bonuses may well care if they are viewed as being greedy. Because consumers don't tend to frequent businesses that they consider to be greedy, and therefore there are less profit and bonuses.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
As was mentioned above, clearly someone thought to include the question. But also mentioned is that it's been there for years, yet Disney looks greedier than ever, particularly in the past 6-12 months.

So, no, I don't really think the execs really care about the results of this survey question, their actions are purely driven by profit and bonuses.
We've been AP holders forever, and have taken many AP surveys. Only once in the last decade has that question been on one of ours. Please don't listen to the people here with an obvious agenda of bashing everything that Disney does. They are very tiring.

Biff215

We've been AP holders forever, and have taken many AP surveys. Only once in the last decade has that question been on one of ours. Please don't listen to the people here with an obvious agenda of bashing everything that Disney does. They are very tiring.
Fair enough, but I don't think this is an instance of bashing Disney unfairly. We're DVC/AP who have been visiting 2+ times a year since 1999. I'm sorry, but the past few years have given me little hope that current leadership will take survey results seriously. Until profits drop, the price increases (greed) will continue IMO.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Fair enough, but I don't think this is an instance of bashing Disney unfairly. We're DVC/AP who have been visiting 2+ times a year since 1999. I'm sorry, but the past few years have given me little hope that current leadership will take survey results seriously. Until profits drop, the price increases (greed) will continue IMO.
We are also DVC/AP and the value is still there for us, but I agree that the prices are getting a bit out of hand (we haven't gone to a buffet, except Trails End, in years). My observation is simply that if current management doesn't care about the results of the question, then why ask it? Again, surely you don't think that they are asking the question just to make people think that they care, do you? If that is the case, you can bet that someone would have outed them by now. And you can absolutely bet that the "C" level executives see the results of these surveys.

I guess the other shoe about pricing is that if people are still paying it, then they haven't reached the breaking point yet. The dessert parties and other special events sell out, sometimes in hours, so somebody is willing to pay. We aren't willing to pay for any of those, regardless of the price, as they don't give us any value.

Biff215

We are also DVC/AP and the value is still there for us, but I agree that the prices are getting a bit out of hand (we haven't gone to a buffet, except Trails End, in years). My observation is simply that if current management doesn't care about the results of the question, then why ask it? Again, surely you don't think that they are asking the question just to make people think that they care, do you? If that is the case, you can bet that someone would have outed them by now. And you can absolutely bet that the "C" level executives see the results of these surveys.

I guess the other shoe about pricing is that if people are still paying it, then they haven't reached the breaking point yet. The dessert parties and other special events sell out, sometimes in hours, so somebody is willing to pay. We aren't willing to pay for any of those, regardless of the price, as they don't give us any value.
Agreed. Character meals and special events are fairly easy to avoid, but that pricing strategy has started to carry over to park tickets and every restaurant. We still see value in DVC as well, but that's because we bought in a decade ago at SSR yet stay at the more expensive resorts. The AP and dining increases have risen drastically as of late, and this is where I'm ready to draw the line. Just because "somebody" will pay it doesn't mean I have to.

I do believe someone within Disney was concerned enough to include some of the more critical response choices in the survey, but sadly I don't think they are the ones making the decisions I mentioned above. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and maybe the course can be reversed, I just don't see that happening until profits suffer, no matter what a survey may say.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Agreed. Character meals and special events are fairly easy to avoid, but that pricing strategy has started to carry over to park tickets and every restaurant. We still see value in DVC as well, but that's because we bought in a decade ago at SSR yet stay at the more expensive resorts. The AP and dining increases have risen drastically as of late, and this is where I'm ready to draw the line. Just because "somebody" will pay it doesn't mean I have to.

I do believe someone within Disney was concerned enough to include some of the more critical response choices in the survey, but sadly I don't think they are the ones making the decisions I mentioned above. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and maybe the course can be reversed, I just don't see that happening until profits suffer, no matter what a survey may say.
May be true, but I hope that you are wrong. I don't think we'll ever see a price decrease, but maybe smaller increases over the next few years. We also get a TiW every year, and that brings the prices down at the restaurants. We save literally hundreds in a year with that option.

Oh, and we paid less this year for our AP, because we decided on the new Gold Pass option that we DVC folks can get. We never visit during the blackout dates, and it was us less than last years regular AP. Plus it includes the MM, so we'll go ahead and get pictures taken from the Photopass photogs, so that we are both in the picture. It's usually just my wife in most of them, with me behind the camera.

Biff215

May be true, but I hope that you are wrong. I don't think we'll ever see a price decrease, but maybe smaller increases over the next few years. We also get a TiW every year, and that brings the prices down at the restaurants. We save literally hundreds in a year with that option.

Oh, and we paid less this year for our AP, because we decided on the new Gold Pass option that we DVC folks can get. We never visit during the blackout dates, and it was us less than last years regular AP. Plus it includes the MM, so we'll go ahead and get pictures taken from the Photopass photogs, so that we are both in the picture. It's usually just my wife in most of them, with me behind the camera.
We always buy and use TiW, but I'd argue we shouldn't need it just to get the astronomical prices down to something we can justify. Plus at $150 some value was taken out. Since we're debating a winter trip for the first time in 17 years, TiW might turn out to just be a break even in only one trip.

We got caught between the change in AP's last year as we bought before the change but activated after. Got the better pass for "free", but doesn't add much value for us since we also don't go during blackout dates. An AP is certainly saving us money, but only if we continue to do multiple trips a year. Not sure we'll continue to do that sadly with the price increases that will make us consider other options.

I think we probably agree on more than we disagree, I'm just not as optimistic about the future. Honestly hope you're right!

Makamah

Survey looks very similar to what was sent out last year (including greedy option)

Then they jacked prices up, put in blackouts on the dvc pass and explains it anyway by "giving" us photo pass now

matt9112

Likely true. Back in the day (say, 7 years ago), I would get APs almost every year because it really only took one long trip and one short one to get your value out of them. No longer, though.

although all the prices are higher now it still saves money in a few trips. 10 days roughly per ticket to break even if you account for florida select ticket....less days if your looking at rack rate park admission. (gold and platniun are higher my above example is based on silver plane)

CJR

How dare a company make money! Supply and demand. If it's too expensive, people won't go and prices will come down.

Or... they could take the money they're making from the high demand and INVEST in their product to ensure the demand stays strong... instead of milking the product dry. They could/should supply more instead of finding the tipping point that drives people away.

The damage Disney is doing to their public perception can take years/decades to undo. I can tell you, teenagers and young adults today don't have the same opinion about Disney their parents did at the same point in their lives. It's a real problem.

Laura

Premium Member
One of the questions asked me what additional benefits might make me more likely to renew

I would have, without question, said "NEED DISCOUNTS". It's so depressing after living next to Disneyland for 5 years, to switch to a WDW AP and pay full price for everything....especially food. Living 2.5 hours away, we'd be able to visit a lot more often if food wasn't so expensive. We used to go to Disneyland weekly when we lived in Cali because the cost per visit was so low (not factoring in the cost of the AP). WDW we only hit up every 4-6 weeks because the food cost kills us. We end up eating in Wawa parking lots at least 1-2 times per trip. :bored:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would have, without question, said "NEED DISCOUNTS". It's so depressing after living next to Disneyland for 5 years, to switch to a WDW AP and pay full price for everything....especially food. Living 2.5 hours away, we'd be able to visit a lot more often if food wasn't so expensive. We used to go to Disneyland weekly when we lived in Cali because the cost per visit was so low (not factoring in the cost of the AP). WDW we only hit up every 4-6 weeks because the food cost kills us. We end up eating in Wawa parking lots at least 1-2 times per trip. :bored:
Get TiW. That'll give you all the food discounts you need on table-service.

That being said, I did say that the food discounts with the AP were pretty damned disappointing.

Laura

Premium Member
Get TiW. That'll give you all the food discounts you need on table-service.

That being said, I did say that the food discounts with the AP were pretty damned disappointing.

We're eating in Wawa parking lots. You think we can afford TIW + full service meals?? o_O

I'm kidding. Sort of. We definitely do enough sit down meals over the course of a year to justify the cost of TIW, but we can't seem to go ahead and buy the TIW card. Can't they just add it to our monthly AP payment? :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom