Surprise Squad

tribbleorlfl

Original Poster
Just curious if anyone has been lucky to get a prize from the Surprise Squad as part of the 50th celebration or knows how this is supposed to work? According to the website, they will walk the park and randomly surprise parkgoers- is there a criteria they use? Doesn't seem so random or fair...I would think it would have been better to randomly assign to turnstile entries like Disney did a couple years ago.

Regarding the prizes, while I'm aware of some big grand prizes over the course of the 18 months, and believe I read free meals and quick queue passes, is there any special exclusive co)ectibles being given out?

Nemo14

We saw 3 people get prizes right before the PetsAhoy show in December. One got free ice cream for the family, one got a T-shirt I think, and I don't remember what the third one got.

919Florida

Just curious if anyone has been lucky to get a prize from the Surprise Squad as part of the 50th celebration or knows how this is supposed to work? According to the website, they will walk the park and randomly surprise parkgoers- is there a criteria they use? Doesn't seem so random or fair...I would think it would have been better to randomly assign to turnstile entries like Disney did a couple years ago.

Regarding the prizes, while I'm aware of some big grand prizes over the course of the 18 months, and believe I read free meals and quick queue passes, is there any special exclusive co)ectibles being given out?

Random prizes are usually before shows. They will watch for audience participation. Like who is the first person they see to give a silly face or who raises their hand first to answer a really simple trivia question. These winners get small prizes like a plush or bubble gun etc.

The big prizes like tours, photo packages, trips etc are randomly assigned via computer. If you look at all the bleachers in the parks now the ends have letters or numbers on them. A computer in an off stage location will say go award this price to Shamu Stadium 1:30 One Ocean Show Section C row A seat 4.

I won a big prize when I was in San Antonio. I have not won at Orlando. But it all seems pretty fair. For the most part it has to do with being at the right place at the right time.

Some of the collectibles they give as prizes include a 50th Anniversary Golden ticket. Which is a gold bar that is a replica of the opening day ticket. Its pretty cool. They also have a really nice 50th Anniversary watch.

Hope this helps answer some questions.

nepalostparks

I also saw them doing a little simple "trivia" game along the waterfront about a month ago at SWO. I don't recall exactly what they handed out, but it was along the lines of collectibles/plush souvenirs.

Adam Santos

I work at Seaworld and basically what they do is go around and ask simple Questions like what color is Shamu or what does a Dolphin sound like that kinda stuff they make it really easy for the kids and Adults so they can win Prizes it's really not hard or Difficult from my Experience with the Surprise Squad..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom