Trip Report SURPRISE SEPTEMBER TRIP REVEALED.... BUT WAS IT A SURPRISE?

This is my first trip report and I hope I can compare to the high standards of some of the trip reports I read before our trip, during my research period. Thank you by the way to all who indirectly made this a magically and memorable trip.

We did manage to make it to WDW and back home safely. Been home for about 6 days now and still working at cleaning/organizing everything after the trip. Especially all the photos taken. I had a personal count of about 2200 pictures/videos of my own. Now mind you most of those were similar. By that I mean, my cameras have the option of taking up to 3 photos in a row. I thought best to use this feature in order to acquire the perfect shot, instead of being stuck with only the 'one' picture of someone looking elsewhere or with their eyes closed. And of course there were those few shots taken of the ground that always appear to happen. Not to mention just over another 1000 photos in my Memory Maker account. I think this was a very good investment on my part.

I guess I should start by back tracking a little.

Why? Besides the answer of why not, this trip started to flourish by the kids last year asking if we could go to WDW. I promised we could in two or three years but we would have to cut back on some of our spending and start saving for it. So, true answer, promise made.

How? Things just ended up falling into place to go this September, about a year in advance. I was able to receive some severance from a project I was helping with and thought our WDW trip would be a good way of using it.

When? I was originally thinking of going around March 2017, near to DD's birthday, but further research provided information September provided some of the lowest crowd levels. This would be an extra benefit for someone who has not been to WDW in about 40 years to be able to get around. September provided some extra benefits besides the lower crowds, lower costs and free dining. I would happen to have the children for a 3 week period in September and would allow flexibility to when we would fly. (Only later to decide we would be driving instead, but still allow us to be at WDW longer than the normal 7 days I have the children.) It would also be DS's birthday during this 3 week period and who won't want to celebrate their birthday at WDW.

I decided we would drive down (more due to trying to keep it a secret longer), departing Canada on Monday, September 12th taking the scenic route to WDW. We would arrive at WDW on Thursday, September 15th and depart on Friday, September 23rd. This would give us newbies 7 full days in the parks to explore.

I should add that while I was organizing the above, the children were planning a trip for the three of us to go to WDW July 2017 for my birthday. I know I am mean in being so deceitful, but I actually did give them the option to help plan 'a trip I was planning' but they wanted it to be a surprise. So, really it is their own fault. :p:D:rolleyes:;):joyfull:

Who?

Me- Paul

9 MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD (2).jpeg

DS - Daniel

9 MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD (49).jpeg

DD - Christina

9 MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD (57).jpeg

I think I will end it here for now. I will be back soon to report our departure and our first leg of our drive.

Scoppin

Original Poster
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 - CONTINUED

Let's continue with our M&G with Minnie. She was also very happy to see mini Mickey when DS presented him. You can always tell if an experience is a good one or not, by the smile on the face. Big smile = great experience.
4 EPCOT_CHRCON6 Sept 18 (5).jpeg

DD forgot to show off her Minnie hair clips. But smiles are still there.
4 EPCOT_CHRCON6 Sept 18 (6).jpeg

In for the photo op. I think I am starting to get the smiling thing down now.
4 EPCOT_CHRCON6 Sept 18 (8).jpeg

We are now on our way to the other side of the park, East side I believe, however first have to make a stop to take of something. No, not that. We stopped at a pin kiosk so that DS could pick out a pin with his GC he was given yesterday. I didn't want to lose it. I wanted to ensure he was able to get something he really wanted. Sometimes having too much choice is not a good thing. There was just so much to choose from. Then I noticed the GC didn't have a value. I asked the CM if there was a limit DS had to stay under. She took a look at it and replied there was no amount on the GC so he could chose what ever he wanted. She continued to add there should have had put an amount on the GC. Well, too bad for you, there wasn't so we were going to use it to get what we wanted. Okay, it would have been better if I actually became truly aware of the colour coding and pricing scale. I did mention to DS he should get something he really wanted. I suggested some of the limited/special edition pins as they would be rare. However, he had his own target in mind. He wanted something with all the Disney 6 on it. He was finally able to find what he wanted he was able to exchange his GC for the pin. This pin was not going on his trading lanyard.

Now, to continue to the attraction the kids had requested.
5 Ellen (1).JPG

One more clue.
5 Ellen (3).JPG

I have read this attraction needs some updates. I won't argue on this point. But it still sends home a message. This 45 minute ride in air conditioning is probably better suited for the afternoon, but this is when our agenda allowed for it.

Now it was time to head over to WS to meet a princess. But first a couple of stops. First a photo pass op. There was basically no line. Maybe one or two parties ahead of us. Hey, where did DD go to. It was already getting warm out by this time. DS didn't want to take part in the picture, as you can tell by his expression, but I didn't give him a choice on this one. No worries, he was back to his normal self soon enough. He can't stay grumpy for long. I have special powers. He actually might be holding back a smile in the picture below. But it would be nice if the photographers would position us in a manner where we won't 'lose' one of our party.
6 EPCOT_BACKSIDE2 Sept 18.jpeg

Just a few more steps to our next stop, Agent P's Adventure. Both kids are great fan of the show, so I thought they would like to take part in an adventure. We were given some instructions and then asked which adventure we would like. I mentioned the Chinese one as that was where we were headed. Well I guess I gave that away. We were asked if we wanted to use our own phone or one of their devices. I suggested their device but DS wanted it on his phone, so on his phone it went.

On our way I noticed the sign for Akershus so decided to make a stop in order to inquire about our dinner issue directly with those I hoped would know. I did end up speaking with two CMs the second being a manager/supervisor. They didn't know why I was being contacted but had a very good clue as to why. They were actually closed/not seating anyone during the period our dinner reservation was set for. It was their transition time between lunch and dinner. I thought that would be a little late for this but I didn't work there. They added they only get notices of dinner reservations about 2 weeks in advance and the F&W festival was not helping with reservation planning. I did mention I made these reservations over 5 months ago online and it was an offered time. They suggested we come at 6:30 and they would ensure we got a table. Well, one stated she won't be there but her sister, the manager, would be and she would leave notice to our issue. I was okay with the later time as it would give DD more time between lunch and dinner in order to be more hungry. I had been trying to change the time anyway, so perfect for us. But this issue was not quite yet over and would even become more perfect. :cool::cool:;):rolleyes::happy:

We were a little early and it was warm so before finding our Princess, we stopped in the Lotus Blossom Cafe for some ice water. They apparently don't have water behind the counter. So, they gave us some cups with ice and pointed to the water fountains in the restaurant. We walked around for a little while before finding the M&G location. It must have moved as the maps indicate it should be outside, but today it was inside. Trust me, I wasn't complaining about having it inside in the A/C.

After waiting a little while, enjoying the A/C, having a few snacks and water, Princess Mulan came out. We were up near the front of the line so we didn't have much of a wait once the line started moving. She was amazed as to how far we came from to visit her. I think she first thought we were from Portugal. Not sure how she would get that idea. But she was than corrected that we were from Canada. Which is still far but not as far as her. I believe the kids asked her how Mushie, her little dragon companion was.
7 EPCOT_WSCHI Sept 18.jpeg

See, smile is back. The heat does affect him as well. I don't think DD ever lost her smile. Well maybe not until it got later in the evening when she was getting tired.
7 EPCOT_WSCHI Sept 18 (3).jpeg

Family shot with the Princess from China.
7 EPCOT_WSCHI Sept 18 (5).jpeg

We sat in the little display area for a little while after meeting Mulan in order to get our instructions for our Agent P Adventure. There was a huge massive wait in downloading in between instructions to the point it must have gotten stuck. We determined it wasn't working and not worth wasting any more time on it and move onto our next stop and FP. We were all disappointed we were not able to conduct the adventure. The kids are always up for an adventure. They did in fact step into our van 6 days ago for an adventure they had no clue as to where they were going.

We arrived shortly at our FP. I honestly can't remember the stand by wait time but I know is on the high side. I know as I pointed it out to the kids and they both stated 'oh my'. I am sure it was at least 80 minutes. I am sure the below picture will give a good indication as to the crowds in the stand by line. But we gladly tagged our MBs and carried on through the FP lane.
8 Frozen ever after.JPG

More pictures of Frozen Ever After to come.

Scoppin

Original Poster
SUNDAY, SEPT 18 -- CONTINUED

LEST WE FORGET

To all my fellow Canadians recognizing Remembrance Day and my American friends recognizing Veterans Day.

This is a day to remember all those men, women and animal who have served within our militaries who; lost their lives, never came home, came home different or came home to their families whole, while protecting our rights and liberties and those who may not be able to do so on their own. Your service is very much appreciated.

One more pic from the queue.
8 Frozen ever after (3).JPG

Sorry, my pictures of the ride didn't turn out very well but here are a few of the better ones.
8 Frozen ever after (6).JPG

The ice castle.
8 Frozen ever after (9).JPG

The drop isn't that big so don't know why they have their hands up. Maybe the teacher asked them a question? Maybe that should have been the case as sure they would have kept their hands down and you would have been able to see us. At least you can see DD.
8 EPCOT_FROZENRIDE Sept 18.jpeg

Then we moved over across the alley way to actually M&G the two sisters. A few shots of the queue.
9 elsa (1).JPG

DD in front of the fireplace with her Anna, Sven and Elsa. You may have noticed DD doesn't want people to be confused any longer in thinking we were from Portugal. @Tuvalu. We made a stop in the gift shop, The Puffins Roost exiting FEA ride. DD had stated she liked Elsa more than Anna. (I told her that I was going to share this information with Anna and was sure it was going to hurt her feelings.) We saw a number of different shirts with both sisters but she wanted one with only Elsa. The one she liked they didn't have in her size. The CM was kind enough to check in the back and with other shops but we didn't receive any good news. This was a tank top with Elsa on it with a cape on the back. There really wasn't much else to choose from. We decided to purchase the shirt, 1 size bigger and hopefully she will still like Elsa when she grows into it. She also purchased a marshmallow pin and the Anna & Elsa Mickey ears you see her wearing. (The Elsa facing side was always facing forward.) We decided to take advantage of package delivery and had the other two items sent to Sports. We actually took advantage of this service many time during our trip. Was nice not having to carry around bags of stuff in the blistering heat through crowds. If there is going to be a negative thing I make comment on, it is some of the marketing/merchandise. I understand the majority of those actually making the purchases are adults, either for themselves or children. That maybe about half of those visiting are adults. This would also mean half would be children. Then why when we were looking for items for the children, we had difficultly finding things in children sizes or a size which would fit. Plenty of adult merchandise, except for certain 45th anniversary shirts for some @Tuvalu, to be found. Was it just me or is this something which happened to others?
9 elsa (2).JPG

Elsa taken back by DD's presentation of her mini me. DD is also wearing one of her sister shirts I had packed for her. I knew it would come in handy at some point on our journey.
9 EPCOT_FROZENCHAR Sept 18 (1).jpeg

DD with her solo shot with Elsa.
9 elsa (10).JPG

DS with Elsa, as he leans in for the photo. Guess he didn't want to step on her gown.
9 EPCOT_FROZENCHAR Sept 18 (10).jpeg

Family shot with the Queen. I am sure DD has her Elsa hair clips in as well.
9 EPCOT_FROZENCHAR Sept 18 (12).jpeg

Next up, M&G with little sister.

Last edited:

Scoppin

Original Poster

I am not sure if I had mentioned it earlier, but by Saturday both DS and I were not feeling well. I am not sure if this was due to us being wet rats on Friday, DD being of the sharing sort and shared her cold with us or a combination of both. Now both kids were drinking the cough syrup I had purchased in Tampa. I tell you, it really is not fun being sick while on holidays. And even worse at WDW. Hard to feel magical with a sore throat and sneezing. Hey, maybe we could have joined Snow White as her 3 dwarfs.

Anna was having a conversation with Elsa, while we were making our way over to see her, regarding something the last little visitor had. I forget what exactly she had but it was some merchandise regarding the sisters. I am sure it was either something edible or would go into her mouth. Anna was asking if Elsa had seen it and if she also thought it was unnerving/disturbing.

Anna was her joyful self during our interaction. She was super happy to see herself in miniature form and Sven as well. If you notice closely, DD was able to do a quick change and exchange her Elsa hair clips for her Anna ones. It helps being organized and having their own pocket in the backpack.
10 EPCOT_FROZENCHARA2 Sept 18.jpeg

DD with Anna.
10 EPCOT_FROZENCHARA2 Sept 18 (8).jpeg

DS with Anna.
10 EPCOT_FROZENCHARA2 Sept 18 (10).jpeg

Big smiles from everyone. You can really tell everyone really enjoyed this.
10 Anna Enlargements (3).JPG

Anna has a nice hold on DS. I am sure she would have done the same with DD if it wasn't for Sven.
10 EPCOT_FROZENCHARA2 Sept 18 (3).jpeg

Family shot with the joyful princess.
10 EPCOT_FROZENCHARA2 Sept 18 (5).jpeg

It was now time to make our way to our lunch ADR. We didn't have to rush to this ADR and we could casually make our way there. We arrived early this time, checked in and were given a pager for when our table was ready. We took this time to cool off and use the rest rooms. Clues below as to where we are.

Continuing with our animal theme, I thought the kids would enjoy it here. Pictures actually turned out really well considering we were sitting up on the second level. Mr. Ray came by for a visit.
11 Coral Reef (4).JPG

And he wasn't alone.
11 Coral Reef (1).JPG

To come, more about our lunch and yes, including food pictures. There may even be official news regarding our dinner ADR.

DimpledDevil18

Wheww! I'm finally all caught up! Sorry, things have been pretty easy here lately. I'm SO glad that the surprise went well and the kids weren't too suspicious. I think I'd be a pain and ask twenty million questions and ruin the whole thing. Just the way they thanked you in the video shows you that it was all 100% worth it.

I love your DD's ears! we unfortunately didn't have time to meet Ana and Elsa and I'm now kicking myself! So glad your kids got to meet so many characters. I can't wait to hear about your dinner ADR.

Scoppin

Original Poster
Wheww! I'm finally all caught up! Sorry, things have been pretty easy here lately. I'm SO glad that the surprise went well and the kids weren't too suspicious. I think I'd be a pain and ask twenty million questions and ruin the whole thing. Just the way they thanked you in the video shows you that it was all 100% worth it.

I love your DD's ears! we unfortunately didn't have time to meet Ana and Elsa and I'm now kicking myself! So glad your kids got to meet so many characters. I can't wait to hear about your dinner ADR.

Sorry for it being so long. More pictures than anything else. But I have cut them back drastically. I have around 300 for each day. I am glad the surprise went well as well. Okay, better than I thought. They have gotten accustomed to our surprise trips, which I am sure helped. What also helped was when on one surprise trip, DD was continuously asking what the surprise was. I won't say and then DS turned to DD and stated, 'don't worry about Daddy's surprises as they are always awesome.' This was a moment which warmed my heart. And now all they ask is how long it will take to get where we are going and how long we have traveled. Driving took a lot longer to get there, but it was worth keeping the secret intact, not to mention the side trip to Tampa to throw them off if they were getting suspicious. And of course there was the issue of us planning our trip to WDW for next year. Why would they even think we would be traveling to WDW. All small pieces of my devilish plans. :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish: But it was all worth it and they forgave me for lying to them.

Thank you. They are still a little big on her but she has time to grow into them. We have many wonderful character interactions. I wasn't always able to hear the conversations they had. But that is okay as I was able to notice the smiles on their faces and that is really all that matters. Yes, we did have a number of character interactions. Still a few we didn't meet, but I don't think we could complain. Still going through all of our pictures to pick out the best pictures to match up with there character autograph/interaction. DS wanted to meet Mickey and he did, over and over. DD was the princesses, as you could imagine, and I do believe we meet them all.

The ADR is coming up soon.

Thank you for following along.

Scoppin

Original Poster

Okay back to our lunch ADR at Corral Reef.

Both kids ordered the Mac & Cheese with a Strawberry Freeze to wash it down with. They both, maybe more DD as it is her favourite, enjoyed their meals.
11 Coral Reef (2).JPG

But I think they enjoyed the strawberry Freeze more considering how warm it was outside.
11 Coral Reef (3).JPG

And I ordered the NY Strip and lemonade. Okay what is left of it before I remembered to take the picture. There was even less afterwards. It was tasty.
11 Coral Reef (8).JPG

For dessert DS had the parfait. He didn't finish it as it wasn't what he thought it was going to be. I think it was the oats.
11 Coral Reef (9).JPG

DD had the Seaside Cupcake. She was able to eat it even with that little lobster face staring at her.
11 Coral Reef (10).JPG

And I had the Turtle Cheesecake. I love turtles and cheesecake so thought it would be a good combination. I was a little disappointed with it as I was thinking chocolate. Turtles = chocolate am I wrong. I like chocolate as well. It was tasty and didn't survive the meal either. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
11 Coral Reef (11).JPG

We weren't doing to bad on time when we received our receipt, about an hour after we arrived. However leaving wasn't going to be just that easy. We did have a FP to get to by 3:25 and it was going to be close. Yes, I know, most of your thinking really don't need a FP for Seas with Nemo, but we had it. Because DS is/was 10 he is considered an adult in WDW. This would also include the dining plan. However, has the option to order from the kids meal if he chooses. Do you see where I am going here. The meals we ordered were correct on the receipt however, the credits we used/were charged were not. We were charged on adult meal and two kids meals. The one thing I know is that this was going to mess up our numbers and I didn't want to have any issues with a server later on our trip. I wanted to get this corrected now at the source, but as luck would have it our server was nowhere to be seen. I was eventually able to call her over and point out the error. She did mention we could just get it even out at one of our later meals. I really didn't want to explain the situation to someone else and may not be cooperative, so I insisted on having the receipt correct while we wait.

While I waited I thought I would call customer service to see why they had been calling me about. And if you remember from above, we did stop by Akershus to see if they may have a clue as to why I was being contacted. And found out there was no real seating during our reserved time of 6:00 pm and suggested we arrive at 6:30 pm. This would fit better into my plans as I was certain DD would not be hungry within 3-4 hours and the extra half hour would be welcomed. Not to mentioned I was actively trying to push back the ADR for some time but had no luck in doing so. I was actually able to get through to someone and not a machine. And it was actually the CM who had emailed earlier. She explained to me they had overbooked and asked if I would be willing to change our time. I didn't let her know I already spoke with the staff at Akershus and knew about the situation. If it was just an over booking they could ask the other person to change. :devilish::devilish: She offered either a 5:30 pm seating or a 6:40 pm seating. I told her 5:30 would not work at all as we were just finishing up our meal at Coral Reef and DD wouldn't be hungry in 2.5 hours. Okay I did play with her a little further. :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish: But it is their own fault for posting ADR times when there weren't any. I went on to say 6:40 would be inconvenient for us especially since we wanted to see if we could get in to see Soarin. She then offered to give us a FP for Soarin for the inconvenience. Did I mentioned I wasn't able to get a FP for Soarin as I had went with TT yesterday and FEA today. I was hoping to get one after our other 2 FPs were completed, but I was just given one. :D:D:D:D I graciously accepted the FP and agreed to the 6:40 ADR at Akershus. She thanked me for being so understanding, mentioned the FP would be in the system very shortly if we would like to go after lunch as we were in the area and wished us a magical day. Well it just became a little more magical. Oh, don't judge.

Our server finally returned with our corrected receipt. This wasn't the best of meal experiences we had. I did learn to more clear when ordering our meals in the future, especially if DS was ordering from the kids meals so this won't happen again. But we didn't have this problem at the Sports food court or Casey's. Thinking it was the server. It took about 25 minutes from when I received the original receipt to when I received the corrected one. I know she would have other tables, but she wasn't going to get another family until we left. This is almost as bad as waiting for a cookie ice cream sandwich. But we did get a FP while we waited.

We then walked around the corner to our next FP, The Seas of Nemo. We may not have needed it, but the kids liked turning Mickey's head green, and we arrived with a few minutes to spare. The kids did enjoy the ride and pointing and naming everyone we passed. Here is really the only picture worth sharing. :(:(
12 Seas with Nemo (5).JPG

We actually didn't spend much time in Living Seas as I thought we might and we made our way to our 3 FP, Talk with Crush. The kids played in the interactive queue while we waited. The doors opened and we were in near the beginning of our one hour window. I motioned the kids to sit in the front and reminded them to wave their arms actively if they wanted to be picked to speak with Crush. DD was actually picked. She asked him how old he was. He in turn asked her and she replied 8.
11 Turtle Talk (13).JPG

Did I mention above DD was picked to talk with Crush. Well this didn't go over well with DS. He was disappointed with DD that she didn't mention it was his birthday. This from someone who would hide is birthday button or not want to wear it as didn't want the attention. So, it was decided we would go again. I did mention there was still a chance he won't get picked. We had to wait for the show after ours to finish before we could go back in. This time DD sat with me in the back while DS tried to get picked. Unfortunately, he was not picked. He came to terms even if we went a third time he still may not be picked.

But, as you can see from below, the smile was back shortly afterwards. I was trying to get a picture of the kids when a mother of a little one offered to take our picture if I would return the favour. I agreed and returned the favour.
12 outside nemo Enlargements (5).JPG

Another picture with a Disney photographer. I can't remember how many times we came up to a photographer who either only had a couple in their line or looking around as they had no line. This was a no line incident.
13 EPCOT_LIVINSEAS Sept 9 (1).jpeg

So, now the unknown of why Disney was trying to get hold of us is shared and it actually turned out to be a benefit for us.

Now we are on our way to, not Soarin as we can do that anytime we want now, but down to WS to meet a princess or two.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Counter/quick service locations (like Sports food court and Casey's) do not distinguish adult credits from child credits on the Dining Plan, that is why you did not have any issues there.

The main ingredient in a turtle is caramel, followed by pecans and then covered in chocolate. Looks like your turtle cheesecake was infused with caramel and sprinkled with pecans, though like you I would have expected a little chocolate.

Last edited:

Scoppin

Original Poster

I had the character schedule and was discussing it with the kids as we were making our way to WS. We came along the Canadian Pavilion considering where we were coming from. Belle was done for the day, but we weren't to concern as we would be at her dinner shortly. Alice was not out yet, but we had princesses on our mind. Mulan we had already seen. Snow White was still available, but then again we would be meeting her soon as well. So, Jasmine and Aladdin it was and we made our way to the Moroccan Pavilion. We finally arrived at our destination and next quest was to find the M&G spot. I thought the M&G was near Restaurant Marrakesh but I was a little off. The kids had tucked into a shop, just before, and come back out saying they had found it. So in we went. The waiting area was not large by any means, but it was air conditioned. We were early for the M&G, but we were up near the front of the line. Third I believe. First was a mother and her two young daughters. Second was a mother with her older daughter. I do believe they were both celebrating birthdays. There were a number of discussions happening prior to the photographer coming out to 'greet' us. The mother of the two young daughters was inquiring about Enchanted Tale with Belle as they were planning on attending the next day and didn't know what to expect. I believe it was their first time. The mother with the older daughter explained as to what happens during the show. It appeared she had been there many many times, as some here. I did share, if they wanted to participate in the show they had to be enthusiastic when they were looking for volunteers. I added by saying all three of us were picked, so they could be as well.

The photographer finally open the top half the doors leading into the M&G area. I forget his name but he was very entertaining and funny. He asked everyone to get nice and close in order to allow for as many to enjoy the A/C. He told a few jokes and asked for some as well. He then had a quiz for us, with prizes for the correct answers. DS actually got one of the questions correct and he got a sticker for his efforts.

Our wait time was now almost over and we were allowed to move into the M&G area and wait for the honoured guests to arrive. We didn't have to wait long for Jasmine and Aladdin to arrive. They were being very interactive with the first two guests. It was now our turn.

As you can see, Jasmine took a liking to DS. I am not sure what they were talking about, but I do know Aladdin was getting a little jealous and threatened by DS. But DS was liking the attention and that is all that matters.
14 EPCOT_WSMOR Sept 18.jpeg

Jasmine may be noticing DD's hair clips at this point. Yes, they were of Jasmine. Both characters were very interactive with the kids. They asked them a number of things and Aladdin was right for the childish/playful character he was playing. This may have been a good interaction to have videoed.
14 EPCOT_WSMOR Sept 18 (2).jpeg

Aladdin has the kids attention with a story he was telling.
14 Jasmine & Alladin (1).JPG

The kids with the happy couple.
14 jasmine & alladin Enlargements (6).JPG

The kids with the Princess.
14 EPCOT_WSMOR Sept 18 (10).jpeg

Family shot.
14 EPCOT_WSMOR Sept 18 (17).jpeg

I do have a couple of lovely pictures of my princess with Princess Jasmine, but for some reason I was not able to download them on here. Not the first this has happened to me.

We still had some time before our dinner ADR so we decided to make the best of our time, first a Photo in Japan.
15 EPCOT_WSCJAPANICON Sept 18 (1).jpeg

We then made our way to visit Senor Duck. First a big hug for DD from the number 1 duck.
16 EPCOT_WSMEX Sept 18 (1).jpeg

Then a big hug for DS from Senor duck. For a grumpy duck he can be very hugable.
16 EPCOT_WSMEX Sept 18.jpeg

Senor Duck giving the kids his autograph.
16 Donald Epcot (3).JPG

More with Senor Duck to come shortly.

Scoppin

Original Poster

Senor Duck goofing around with the kids. I think he was trying to autograph DS. This was a slow moving line, actually not moving at all at first as he was not there, but a slow moving line can be forgiven when you have interactions like these which leave smiles on the kids and memories in their hearts. It was hot and humid again today, so while we waited I suggested the kids have a seat in the shade.
16 EPCOT_WSMEX Sept 18 (4).jpeg

Kids with Senor Duck.
16 EPCOT_WSMEX Sept 18 (6).jpeg

I do believe DD had talked me into 'speaking' with Donald. He was taken back and enjoyed the conversation. He may have been a little surprised as well as he put his hand up to his mouth as he turned to DS. Appears both kids enjoyed his reaction.
16 EPCOT_WSMEX Sept 18 (7).jpeg

Family shot with Senor Duck.
16 EPCOT_WSMEX Sept 18 (9).jpeg

It was now time for us to make our way back towards our ADR designation. We were actually able to make it before we were suggested to arrive when we spoke with the staff as per the time stamp on the pictures I took. First the kids' picture with Belle in her formal gown.
17 EPCOT_NORWAYDINING1CHAR Sept 18 (2).jpeg

Then time for me to join.
17 EPCOT_NORWAYDINING1CHAR Sept 18 (4).jpeg

We were then seated in this corner of the Hall. There were only four tables in this section. Which did make it a little tight if more than one Princess was visiting. We went up to get our appetizers shortly after being seated and made our drink orders. We then later went back to get our main course. I forget what everyone chose and I forgot to take pictures. I know DD didn't eat much considering how picky she is and DS was able to eat some. I am sure I filled up on the fish which was being offered.

We had to keep an eye on which princess was on her way to visit us. We had to put out the correct Princesses on the table and hair clips in DD's hair. First up was Aurora.
18 Aurora dinner (1).JPG

DD taking a selfie with Aurora.
18 Aurora dinner (3).JPG

Next up was Snow White, with DD holding mini Snow White.
19 snow white Epcot Enlargements (10).JPG

We still have one more Princess to go.

Attachments

• 16 Donald Epcot (11).JPG
    16 Donald Epcot (11).JPG
    170 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Scoppin

Original Poster

Continuing with our Princess parade, Cinderella was up next.
20 cinderella Epcot Enlargements (11).JPG

You can just notice part of the little face on the left hand side of the picture. This little guy had a little spill off his chair. He did like to move around a lot, as you can see and a few pictures, and unfortunately he moved once to often and off his chair he went. I do believe there was a little contact with the table but sure the shock of being in the chair one moment then the floor the next caused most of this discomfort.

There was a parade lead by the Princesses but my two decided not to participate.

Mary Poppins was not here for this dinner. I understand there may be a rotation of characters and each day may not be the same. It would have been nice, but DD was able to meet some Princesses.

A few thoughts about our dinner experience, if I may pause here for a moment. I am not sure if it was just me, but it appeared as if all the Princesses were in a bit of a rush. There was not much of any interaction, just enough time to stop for a picture and then move on to the next table. I understand there are a number of other tables to visit, but it does take away from the experience if it is a Hi/Bye type of M&G. I wasn't expecting them to sit down and have an in depth conversation with us, but a little interaction would have be nice to have had. But this is the reason why character dinners cost more than most regular dinners, because of the added feature of the children, and those young at heart, to meet and greet certain characters. Especially when we compare it with our other dinners. And the time we were actually there speaks volumes.

As mentioned above, the kids did not enjoy what was offered for their meal. This combined with the above, I am not sure if we would return. It was nice to say we have experienced it, especially since it is a highly sought after ADR, but not sure it would constitute a repeat visit. The only way I would consider going back would be if the kids insisted it being included and we had the free dining plan offer again. Otherwise, I would rather experience another location. Garden Grill would be high on our list if we only needed one place to eat. If a second was needed, research would be needed. But there is plenty of time for that.

I mentioned time above. We arrived at Akershus at about 6:30 and were boarded on the Gran Fiesta Tour before 6:50. That is less than an hour and twenty minutes for our character dinner. Especially if we compare it with some of our other character meals which were around 2 hours. And if we take into consideration the rate DD eats we were not there long and not much was eaten. So, this ADR would not be high on our radar if there is a next time.

Three amigos wondering where their compardre is.
21 three amigos (1).JPG

Donald having some fun without his amigos.
21 three amigos (4).JPG

Donald getting himself into some trouble.
21 three amigos (5).JPG

The three amigos back together again.
21 three amigos (9).JPG

A picture with the Aztec pyramid behind the kids. Didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.
22 mexico.JPG

Decided to take the below picture before we arrived at our last stop of the night and bonus FP. If I am not mistaken some like water, especially coloured water. @JenniferS
24 light water.JPG

We finally arrived at our last stop of the day. I thought it wise to take a picture of the stand by time. And this would be at about 8:15 pm. I had tried to explain to the kids what the ride was about. DS was all up for it. DD was nervous. I had mentioned any loose items, like her ears, would have to be put in the compartment under the seat as we would be lifted 30' into the air and we would watch a 'movie' and it would feel like we were moving. She was nervious about the experience. She requested to sit beside me so she could hold my hand.
25 soarin.JPG

A picture for @JenniferS.
25 soarin (1).JPG

I must say, there is not much space in those under seat compartments. I had to really shove our backpack in mine, but managed to get it in there.

After all was said and done, we really enjoyed the ride. I can't compare it to the California ride so will just have to say it was enjoyed. Kids thought it really neat to feel we were actually there and to be able to see all those sites from around the world. DS wasn't nervous of the ride any longer and wanted to do it again. I should mentioned, on the way out, the stand by time was down to 20 minutes. I am sure this had a little to do with Illuminations about to start shortly.

However, we were headed in the other direction. But first one last picture after a long day.
23 EPCOT_ECENTR2 Sept 18 (2).jpeg

We then exited the park, waited a short time for our bus and were back at Sports fairly quickly. The kids asked if they could go swimming as the pool was still opened. I mentioned they would have to get changed quickly, which they did. When we arrived at the pool, or shortly afterwards, I told them they better get in as fast as they could as I could see the pool getting closed early. I could hear thunder in the background. Unfortunately I was correct and the lifeguards called for everyone to get out of the pool only about 5 minutes we had arrived. At least it felt that way. So, back to our room we went and started on our regular bedtime routine.

This concludes our 3rd day at WDW. I would have to say it was an overall success. DS was able to see Mickey again, which I think brings up his total to 3. DD was able to see a number of Princesses, 8, which should bring her total to 11.

Tomorrow we make our way back to MK.

Last edited:

Scoppin

Original Poster
DAY 4: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2016

The long days are starting to get to the kids. It took a little extra effort to get the kids up this morning. We didn't have anything really concrete in our plans until our late breakfast ADR at the Round Table for 10:00 am but thought we may be able to hit a few M&Gs before hand. One which is not offered at any other location. Slowing moving kids tend to put dampers on agendas. So, instead of doing a few extra things before breakfast we had to head directly around the castle in order to make it on time. As you know, this would be our first time here and didn't know what to expect. I knew this was a highly sought after ADR. I knew this was a good place to meet several Princesses in one location. I knew a photo opportunity was available to be take with Cinderella prior to being seated. I didn't know how long it would take to be seated. There really wasn't a line when we arrived. People were just standing where they wanted. I asked the gentlemen in front of me if they had checked in. They replied there was no checking in, the hostess was just calling out times and those with reservations for that time would go up. The Hostess. Well, it was a good thing we were in Cinderella's Castle and going to have breakfast at Cinderella's Round Table as this Hostess fit in just perfectly. She looked like she could be Cinderella's Fairy Godmother. And she wasn't calling out the times very loudly. I am sure most of you have been at CRT table before. This is not really a quiet area. You have people talking waiting for their CTR reservation and across the hall you have people waiting for their BBB reservation. Not to mention, those just in the area to take pictures of the corridor. If you weren't paying attention you were going to mess you time call. Our time was called right at 10:00 am, we stepped up to check in, were given a ticket for our party and then let in into the foyer only to be greeted by a long line to have your picture taken with Cinderella. I did mention to the Hostess people couldn't really hear her in the back. She didn't seem really concerned about it. I guess the line moved fairly quickly, trust me it didn't feel that way. Maybe it was because of the growling coming from my stomach. As we were having our picture taken with Cinderella at around 10:10. And then we had to take a seat and wait for our names to be called in order to be escorted upstairs. The one thing we were noticing was that some people were getting their names called and they were still in line to have their picture taken with Cinderella. And some who had sat down after us. DS had actually noticed this and mentioned it was unfair. I understand some may have arrived late and why they may still be in line or sat down after us. But if they were late, that won't have been our fault. Seating should be as those come in. I replied I had noticed and there may be reasons, but if continued I would inquire. We were called shortly afterwards and we went up the elevator in order to be seated.

If we back up a little to enjoy the queue. Guarding the front door.
1 CRT entrance.JPG

DS spotted these two first. Sorry not very clear but they are in the middle of the picture. We looked to see if there were any other of Cinderella's friends around, but we were not successful.
1 CRT entrance (1).JPG

Kids with Cinderella. I thought I had a hard time smiling. And it was only a little after 10:00 am, still a long day ahead of her.
2 Cinderella CRT (12).jpeg

Family picture.
2 Cinderella CRT (13).jpeg

DD with a solo picture with Cinderella.
2 Cinderella CRT (16).jpeg

Me with the Princess. The smile never really changed. I guess mine matches. But there was a nice interaction with the kids before the pictures, so credit for that.
2 Cinderella CRT (18).jpeg

I don't ever remember having appetizers for breakfast before. These were all yummy and if we weren't careful could have easily filled up on them.
3 CRT food.JPG

DD go the kids Mickey waffle, bacon and scrambled eggs.
3 CRT food (1).JPG

DS ended up getting the adult Mickey waffles, bacon and scrambled eggs. I had actually order the kids meal for him for a few reasons. First being I didn't think he would finish the adult meal. The second being I had over spent my TS credits in order to get as many character meals as possible. I was actually over budgeted by 2. I thought instead of paying for two separate meals I would just pay for CRT and considering it was a breakfast it would also be cheaper than two dinners. But we'll go with the adult meal and see if DS will be able to finish it. He would need the energy as we did have another long day ahead of us.
3 CRT food (2).JPG

I had heard very good things about the apple infused french toast. I love french toast and don't get to have it very often. Even though, have recently found out DS loves french toast as well and have been serving it at home every so often. However, DD doesn't like the cinnamon. So, I have been doing her's without the cinnamon. Have to work on her regarding this. I will admit I wasn't expecting it to look as it did in the picture, as I am use to slice bread, but I have to say, I did enjoy it. And I would consider ordering it again.
3 CRT food (3).JPG

Considering the meals. The kids didn't finish their meals. I think we found the same thing with all the Mickey waffles we encountered. They were dry. And as such not very enjoyable. I on the other hand enjoyed and finished my breakfast.

To come, our princess encounters.

Last edited:

Scoppin

Original Poster
MONDAY, SEPT 19 -- CONTINUED

First up, my own little Princess. I chose this picture for the smirk on her face. Like she is trying to hold in a smile. :cool::cool: If you notice on the table she is getting her phone ready for some upcoming selfies with some princesses. The first couple of pictures were also a test in regards to the lighting. I am not sure which room we are in, but do believe it is in the back of the Castle overlooking Fantasyland. The nice large windows brought in a lot of light and I am sure a great view if seated by one. However, not the best lighting for pictures as you can tell by shadows on my Princess's face. So, would have to make sure pictures would have to done to either the left or right. Our first princess would be arriving soon. You can barely make her out in the background within the light.
4 Christina.JPG

My princess with Snow White.
5 snow white.JPG

Myself with Snow White.
5 snow white cRT Enlargements (2).JPG

We had a nice little break before the next Princess was announced and finally arrived at our table. Ariel with her land legs.
6 Ariel CRT (1).JPG

DS decided to have his picture with Ariel and his sister.
6 Ariel CRT Enlargements (3).JPG

Me with the Mermaid.
6 Ariel CRT Enlargements (5).JPG

It was now starting to get Princess busy. We were now sandwiched between Princesses. Ariel had just left and Aurora had arrived with yet another Princess close by. You may be able to see her dress. The kids with Princess Aurora.
8 Aurora CRT.JPG

Princess DD with Princess Aurora.
8 Aurora CRT (1).JPG

Princess Aurora and I.
8 Aurora CRt Enlargements (7).JPG

Our final Princess arrived on the heels of Aurora. I think this was the most interactive of the 4 M&Gs here, as you can tell by the look on DD. We did have the table prepped for the Princesses. If you notice very closely at the very bottom left of the picture you can notice just the top of 'Aurora's' head. She was only one of 3 on the table. I know some of the Princesses noticed them.
9 Jasmine CRT.JPG

Coming up, a few more pictures with Princess Jasmine and then we move on to our first two FPs and more Princess encounters. One could say this was a Princess morning.

Our morning may have started a little later than our other days, but it was a tight schedule to start.

10:00 am Breakfast: Cinderella's Round Table
FP 11:00 - 12:00 Cinderella and Guest M&G
FP 12:00 - 1:00 Rapunzel & Guest M&G
FP 1:05 - 2:05 Buzz Lightyear

I know, I know. Very ambitious schedule and considering how some of our past ADRs have gone I was getting a little nervous about making our first FP of the morning. I had planned on breakfast being about an hour and a half and making it close to the time line of our 1st FP so that we could just turn around and walk into our 2nd FP. But now nervous considering some of our 2 hour meals. There were a few things going in our favour, even with the late seating. It was breakfast and the meals did arrive quickly. I did mention my concerns regarding time to our CM about the late seating and our next FP, even though it was not far. She was actually very good about it and I will explain more on this in my next post. The third, which I probably didn't notice at the time, was Jasmine was at our table at about 11:00 am, which would put us on schedule if not a little early. But I didn't want to be too early either.

The upside about the above schedule, we could get a lot accomplished today and I was looking forward to really using my MDE app to see how many FPs I could get after our 3rd. More on this to come as well.

Last edited:

Scoppin

Original Poster

More time with Jasmine.

My "Princess Rapunzel" with Jasmine.
9 Jasmine CRT (1).JPG

Me striking a pose with Jasmine.
9 jasmine CRT Enlargements (8).JPG

By this time we had met all of the available princess, got our pictures and their autographs not to mentioned completed our breakfasts. I mentioned to our server, Monica, about cashing out. She replied we had already done so and we were free to leave whenever we like. I don't even remember signing anything. I know all I have to do is tab my MB to their machine but usually still had to sign for the tip and in this case the whole bill as was not claiming it on our free dining plan. I know in a number of the places we ate at there were suggestions for gratuity of either 18% or 20%. I am not sure if they is just a WDW thing, but the normal standard here is 10% for average to good service and 15+% for excellent service. It was a bit of a shock when I saw our first restaurant bill and the suggestion for gratuity. Now maybe CRT is an automatic 18% and reason why I don't remember signing anything. I may have actually given her more if given the chance as the service was very good. She came by to check on us several times; seeing how breakfast was, refilling our drinks, giving the kids their wishing stars, DD her magic wand, DS his sword and ensuring we had seen all of the princesses. So, at Monica's direction, we packed up our things and started on our way to our next stop and first FP of the day and it wasn't even 11:30 yet.

I would say our character interactive experience here was better than the one we had the night before at Akershus.

The kids wanted one more picture before we left.
10 CRT exit (1).JPG

We only need to take a few steps to our next stop, but had to be sure we entered the correct FP gate. We all turned Mickey's head green and proceed along. I believe the stand by time was about 40 minutes at this time.

First to visit was Princess Aurora. She was very much taking in her mini me.
11 Aurora  Enlargements (9).JPG

To the point she decided to sign the bottom without even being asked. You can see the smile on DD as she turns around to as to say, 'she is signing my toy.'
11 Aurora  Enlargements (10).JPG

The kids with Princess Aurora. I am not sure what it is, but DD loves to lift her leg in pictures/hugs.
11  Aurora (7).jpeg

Family shot and DS is still leaning in to the Princess.
11  Aurora (10).jpeg

Next is Princess Cinderella. Sorry for the blurriness, but action shot of DD giving Cinderella her mini me.
11 Cinderalla (1).JPG

My princess with Cinderella. This Cinderella has a nice real smile.
11 Cinderalla (2).JPG

Me with Cinderella. All the Princesses I took pictures with all asked for my arm, which is okay. I presume they have had some 'experiences' with some holding them. I guess I am trying to look serious. Not sure why.
12 Cinderella Enlargements (13).JPG

This was a nice interaction. I do not remember all the questions asked of the kids or that the kids asked but I know they enjoyed it. However, not as much as our next M&G. I do have pictures to prove it.

Our next FP is not far again and now we are ahead of schedule and not able to turn Mickey's head green just as of yet. We now have about 20 minutes to use up. Hmmm how are we going to do that? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Scoppin

Original Poster

As mentioned above, we are about 20 minutes ahead of schedule and before we are able to utilize our next FP. So, what are we to do. Well, we do get 'dumped' into Sir Mickey's and the kids have gift cards burning a hole in their pockets. But before we can go much further, DS asks me where is the marker Cinderella used. It was nowhere to be found. I went back to the exit door and when the next family came out I asked the CM if there happen to be a marker in the area, as we may have missed it. He mentioned he would check and a few minutes he was back with our marker. It is not like we would miss a marker, as we had a number of them, but the colour would come in handy for different characters. The kids liked trying to match the marker colour with the flare of the character.

The kids wanted another 'character' picture. I have to be honest, I only took a quick look at the time and thought it was Mickey. Don't figure Mickey -- Sir Mickey's, thought process was already determined without even thinking. However looking at the picture am noticing the lashes and vial. Sorry Minnie for getting you mixed up with Mickey.
13 fake mickey (2).JPG

We looked and looked and looked for a while to the point I wasn't sure if we were going to be relocating anything from the store. DS decided there was nothing there he wanted. DD on the other hand found a couple of items. First an Elsa doll, which we had shipped back to Sports. The second was an Elsa personal hand santizer. We kept the hand santizer and clipped it onto DD's lanyard, as you never know when you may need it, even though we had one in the backpack. Elsa is now dangling from DD's school backpack.

Our next character M&G was very enjoyable. Rapunzel was in her full happy/playful character mode. Here we have DS presenting her with her best friend, Pascal. She went on about the good times she had with Pascal. If you notice in the bottom left corner, DD was ready to present mine Rapunzel.
14 Rapunzl (2).jpeg

She just went off the chart when DD presented her mini me. She was just so amazed/excited to see them both she had to show them off to the photographer and her CM.
14 Rapunzl (5).jpeg

Once she calmed down she got down to business, notice serious look but it is a small surface, and signed the bottom of her mini me. I am not sure if the kids mentioned to her that while playing in the back of the van on the way down, they had imprisoned her mini me in DS's water bottle. I am sure they didn't as surely there would have been more 'expressions.' But luckily, mini Rapunzel was released on good behaviour, not to mention time and effort to secure her release.
14 Rapunzl (10).jpeg

I have a great picture of Rapunzel giving DD a great big hug, but for some reason an error popped up when I tried uploading it. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::confused::confused::banghead::banghead: This is about the 6th picture I have not been able to upload. But it was a great memory of the experience. I am going to give it another try, maybe tonight.

Big smiling kids with Rapunzel.
14 Rapunzl (14).jpeg

Me, my Princess and the host Princess.
14 Rapunzl (19).jpeg

Don't we make a lovely couple? :cool: Do you think she would leave Flynn? ;);):D:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
14 Rapunzl (22).jpeg

I would have to say, out of all of our Princess M&Gs this was by far our most enjoyable one. Even better than Anna or Jasmine & Aladdin. But notice I did not mention of all our M&Gs. There are some 'regular' character M&Gs which were really fun and enjoyable. A couple of them were really good pairings and they really worked well together. But in general, they all loved what they were doing, the character they were portraying and it shined through during the experience. You just can't fake having fun and being joyful and enjoying what you are doing. You can try to fake it, but it can easily be spotted.

One more Princess to meet before we head out back into the heat. Did I mention it was hot and humid out again. Not that we have been outside much this morning, but we were about to really feel the heat. I believe today high was suppose to be 90. Not sure if it got up there or not, but it sure did feel like it.

The kids with Princess Tiana. Princess Tiana is close to us. No, we don't actually have a Princess Tiana living near us. Well, unless you include us professing one to be. DD's dance instructor of a couple years ago was named Tiana. We nicked named her Princess. I actually had to ask her once if it was okay to call her that and she confirmed it was. We have seen her outside of the dance studio and we have called her Princess. We get a smile back and a hello. Okay to be honest, it was an easy way of remembering her name.

WDW Princess Tiana was in full character mode. She had the full southern accent. Okay maybe someone really from the South would be a better judge of her accent but it was good enough for us. :p:p She asked where we were from and had a wonderful conversation with the kids.

I can't help but smile/laugh at the picture. It almost appears as Tiana is pulling DS closer to her. It is difficult to get close to her with that big dress of hers.
15 Tiana (4).jpeg

If you notice the bottom hand corner of the picture you will find DD's items as she didn't want them to interfere with the picture. Looking closely, the blue/teal bottle in front of the hat and under the lanyard is the Elsa hand santizer. I know I know big deal. :p:p

A few more pictures with Princess Tiana to come, if able to upload before we move on into the heat.

Scoppin

Original Poster
Monday, Sept 19 -- Continued

Before we move on with a few more pictures with Princess Tiana, was finally able to upload the big hug between DD and Rapunzel.
14 Rapunzl (15).jpeg

DD, Princess Tiana and I.
15 Tiana (6).jpeg

And then with just Tiana and I.
15 Tiana (8).jpeg

We had some time before our next FP so I thought we would see what was available on our way there. First thought it a good idea to do something we missed out this morning. But first some ducks while we wait.
16 Meerida.JPG

Some rocks from a distance.
16 Meerida (1).JPG

It was warm waiting for our next Princess. Actually warm would be a mild understatement. A sponge would have been nice to have handy to soak up the extra moisture I was carrying. Merida was not at home when we first arrived, but thought the wait worth while considering this is the only opportunity to meet her. I know for certain DS asked Merida where her brothers were. And I am certain it was during this picture. Her response was they were out in the park and surely getting into some sort of trouble.
16 Meerida (8).JPG

The kids with Merida.
16 Meerida (13).JPG

DD with Merida.
16 Meerida (14).JPG

Family shot.
16 Merida (5).jpeg

I had a nice picture of my posing with Merida, but unable to upload. Maybe if I give it a day it may work.

I thought I read this was an interactive M&G. Art, arrows and the sort. But there was none of that. I didn't mention anything as I was okay with a quick M&G and not soaking up more of that hot sun then needed. I couldn't image how long it would have been if it was interactive today.

We still had some more time to use up before our FP and we were able to find something closer to our FP location to keep us entertained.

It appears if I walk away for a little while I am able to upload said difficult picture. Here is me posing with Merida. I don't quite have the pose down. Guess I need more experience.
16 Merida (9).jpeg

Last edited:

Scoppin

Original Poster

We made our move towards the Buzz Lightyear ride, however we still have about 30 minutes to burn before our FP window opened. What else should be do but go for some laughs. And with only a 10 minute wait, Monster Inc Laugh Floor was our next stop. Sorry no pictures. This was an enjoyable shoe, not to mention, the A/C break was welcomed after our time outside with Merida. The 'characters' picked for this show was on point. I remember the character with invisible abilities actually 'disappeared' from the screen. It even caught Mike off guard. I can honestly say with 100% certainty the kids really enjoyed the show, as this won't be the only show we saw. And no, not on our trip, I mean tonight.

Our Buzz window had opened and now time for us to save the universe. Buzz giving his inspirational speech to future Star Command Cadets.
17 Buzz lightyer.JPG

Getting ready for our first mission. The kids were riding together leaving me alone in my ship.
17 Buzz lightyer (1).JPG

I had to make sure I had a higher score than my co pilot. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::joyfull:
17 Buzz lightyearEARRIDE_Sept 19.jpeg

My score. Not sure where this lines in the ranks score history. Just hope it is respectable.
17 Buzz lightyer (2).JPG

DS looking into the light. DD appears very serious about getting her target.
17 Buzz lightyearEARRIDE_Sept 19 (1).jpeg

The kids posing with their 'catch' Emperor Zurg. The Universe is safe once again. We did stop here to make another purchase. This time for DS. I had first notice the Disney Infinity on the one shelf. He spotted one he believed he did not have. I told him not to worry about it. He replied we didn't have it. I am not sure if I mentioned earlier in this report or in my pre trip report, that we had the Disney Infinity system and the kids were sad to hear they were going to be discontinued. It was at this time the hunt was on for current and past Infinity characters. We had captured a number of the characters but the sad thing is at times things go on sale after you purchase it. Luckily for me, I still had the receipts for the one Toy store and was able to get a very large credit back from the three different purchases we had made. The items were drastically reduced. I then in turn returned the credit they had given me with a few extra $$. I cringed when the total came up, but then remembered the credit I had received and looked in the shopping cart, which turned into two large bags, of characters I was about to take home and was okay with the purchase. I didn't show these bags to the kids before our trip. Thought, they might need a surprise upon our return. I then told DS to trust me and he didn't need the character he was looking at. But I know he really wanted Baymax and Baymax was one I was not able to acquire. I then suggested he ask a CM to see if they had Baymax. Apparently what was on the shelf was all they had. I was a little disappointed with that answer, as won't they be the source.

DS then decided to purchase something else, as you can witness from the picture. I decided to talk him out of it, asking what he was going to do with it once we got home. I knew, it would be stuffed into his closest. He has just about every Toy Story character, only missing a few. And these would be easier to handle compared to the monster he had in his arms. It just won't fit into the mix. But the bells and whistles, aka talking Buzz and special sound affects won out. He even went so far as to ask about a Woody. He was told there was one at the gift shop at All Star Movies. Yes, I weakened and offered to go there on the day we would be leaving. We had Buzz delivered to Sports. We still a lot of day left in our park visit.
17 Buzz lightyer (3).JPG

After saving the universe, it was time to meet the Ultimate Star Command Cadet. I think this might have been the longest wait we had for Character M&G. Mind you there were a few reasons for it. First, I am sure Buzz had a few breaks as the line was not moving. DD then also mentioned she needed to use the rest room. Priorities, what to do. Also have to love the timing. I decided to multi task. Told DS to stay in line and we would be right back. I then asked the CM at the entrance of the line where the nearest restroom was located. We were told Space Mountain. Told he was only minutes away and the line was not moving as Buzz was on break. You would think we would have plenty of time to make it there and back, right. Wrong. I took DD by her hand and the speed walk was on. By the time we were back, DS was near the end of the line. Does that sound right. Near the front of the line? Anyway, it was only a few people back from being able to see Buzz. But then I notice he was located in the spot where the line turns and is a little wider. He was standing to the side and others were passing him by. DD and I were at the exit for the M&G, as I thought we could join DS when his turn came up to see Buzz, instead of going through the whole line asking everyone to excuse us as we passed them. I tried to wave him on but he was just standing there and people continued to pass him. A CM then asked me what was wrong. She wasn't wearing a regular CM uniform, appeared to be more senior/supervisor. I replied I had to leave the line in order to take DD to the restroom, came to the exit as easier to join DS when it was his turn to meet Buzz, but he appeared to be letting every go by him. She went off to speak with him. She came back that he was letting everyone go by and waiting for the end of the line. She replied there was no end of the line as people continued to enter. She then asked those in line to allow him in, in order to proceed. She came back explained the above and stated we could wait where we were and join him when his turn came up. I thanked her for her assistance.

Here is Buzz holding his mini me.
18 MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_Sept 19 (37).jpeg

The kids with Buzz and the mini me.
18 MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_Sept 19 (41).jpeg

"To Infinity and Beyond!"
18 MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_Sept 19 (45).jpeg

Pose with Buzz.
18 MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_Sept 19 (51).jpeg

I was able to pick up a 4th FP for a little later for the Tomorrowland Speedway. Now we had to find something to do until then.

Scoppin

Original Poster
MONDAY, SEPT 19th -- CONTINUED

We again were left with finding something to do until our next FP window opened. Good thing I had an agenda to pull ideas from. Carousel of Progress, denied. At least for now. Astro Orbiter was vetoed by DS. He didn't want to do it as not large fan of spinning rides. Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover was unanimously approved. But before we made our way there, DD asked to purchase a fan mister, arguing her case that it was really hot and it would help us cool down. I agreed but she would have to carry it.

We didn't have to wait to get on. We were only about 10 back in line from getting on the ramp to get up and then we were immediately sitting in one of the cars. First a shot of DD checking to make sure the fan works.
20 People mover.JPG

DS enjoying the rest and looking at the sites. Notice the red cheeks. This is usually, DD's tell tale sign she is overheating and not DS'.
20 People mover (3).JPG

Astro Orbiter which we passed on.
20 People mover (5).JPG

We still had some time before our FP and it was still very hot and the misting fan was doing it. So, a quick stop in order to use up some of our snack credits. We went into Auntie Gravity's to cool down. The kids both had a twist cone and I had a root beer float. They asked what a float was. I told them but they still didn't get it, so I stated they would have to see. I told them that while they got an ice cream I got a cold drink and ice cream, as I got my float. We enjoyed our treats while browsing the adjoining shop. This would not be our first time in this shop, but I do believe this incident occurred during this visit. There was a 'gentleman' looking at something on the shelf near the cash counter. And I am using that term loosely. I was also looking at someone in the same area but on a lower shelf. but a step or two behind the 'gentleman'. I know it was Star Wars related, but can't remember if it was an ornament or something electronic. I do know it was expensive. The 'gentleman' called for someone, I think his son, to come take a look at what he was looking at. Now the 'gentleman' was not young and nor was his son. I would put his son at least in his 20s. Guess where the son stood to look at what he was called over to see? That would be correct, right in front of me. I could have said nothing and waited until they were done, but that is not always me. I don't mind pointing out people's rudeness. I piped up and stated, 'excuse me, but I was looking at that.' The 'gentleman' stated they were looking at something as well. I stated that was fine but didn't have to jump in front of me to do so, preventing me from seeing what I was looking at. The 'gentleman's' response, 'You're killing me man.' My first thought that popped into my brain, but didn't repeat out loud, 'fine, then die the world could use one less rude person.' :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::devilish: I think I just looked at him, probably with some dumbass look. :grumpy::grumpy::mad::mad: They just walked away and which allowed me to finish my examination of the object in question. I am that big of a person, but don't like being disrespected and don't mind speaking up for myself, and more especially for my children. But this wasn't the issue here. However, DS did witness the incident and asked what happened. I repeated the above to him. He gasped at what happened. I also like to lead by example as well, in standing up for himself. He is quiet and wants everyone to like him. I guess I was the same at his age. But I want to show him to stand up/speak up for himself in certain cases. The Buzz M&G line would have been a good time for him to do so.

But back to the report and our next attraction as our FP window has opened. And off to the Speedway.

DD wanted to ride on her own, however she was a little short. Her next request was to drive on her own. However, shortly into our race she was not able to maintain the pedal. Team work now came into place. She stirred and I worked the pedal.
21 Tomorrowland speedway.JPG

That would be DS right in front of us.
21 Tomorrowland speedway (2).JPG

The ride was interesting, but not much of a race. I don't think we really were able to pick up and form of speed for any period of time. The finish line was interesting. Apparently this is going to be my rant portion of the report. For those who have been on the Speedway before, know the sign at the finish line which states to keep a car length between the car in front of you. Well, apparently the 'kids' to our right couldn't read. And by kids I don't mean pre teens, but in their 20s if not 30s. The one guy was running into his buddy in front of him, continuously. To the point, he was pushing his buddy into the car in front of him. Good thing they weren't behind me considering the mood I was in. And the thing is, two CMs came by, between them, in front of us and to the other side. I forget what they went to do, but really, they didn't see what the dumbass was doing while they were walking up. Anyway back to the report.

I was able to pick up another FP while in the queue of the Speedway and the window was open for Dumbo the Flying Elephant. We did have time if we wanted to do something else. I mentioned the Mad Tea Party Spinning Teacups. DS vetoed as he didn't want to spin so off to see the happy Elephant it was.

I sat with DD and DS was on his own.
22 Dumbo.JPG

And yes, while in the short queue, maybe even on the ride, I picked up one more FP. I know, maybe didn't really need one for Dumbo, but the kids like turning Mickey's head green. But I promise, this one was warranted. This time it was for Peter pan. But we needed to use up some time.

First we dipped into the Big Top Souvenir Shop to see if there was anything which needed to be purchased. The A/C was nice, but still felt like we were walking in circles trying to find something. DD pick out another pair of ears, which you will be able to see below. While DS pick out yet another stuffy, this time a 20" Goofy.

The kids got into the stand by line for the Barnstormer. I know, it is not a big ride, but I decided not to join them this time and waited for them by the exit.
23 Barnstormer Enlargements (18).JPG

We moved to our FP, Peter Pan. Sorry, was not able to take any picture. Okay, maybe none of them actually turned out. :banghead::banghead::arghh::( The kids did enjoy sailing over London and Neverland.

It was now just past 4:00 pm and time for some lunch. I had Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe down on our agenda, actually for 4:00 pm. I had heard the food was good and the entertainment wasn't bad. ;) However we weren't in the area and had to think of something else. Maybe somewhere really close.

Can you tell where we decided to duck into for something to eat? Yes, Pinocchios. I sent the kids off to find us a table, as it was busy and didn't appear to be many free tables. They got one with a view. I think the kids spent more time waving at the IASW passengers than they did eating. DS had the cheese pizza from the kids menu.
24 lunch (1).JPG

DD had, surprise, Mac n Cheese. They both had apples, yogurt and lemonade. DD finished her lunch minus the salad I gave her. DS didn't finish his pizza.
24 lunch (2).JPG

I thought I would try something different and went with the Chicken Alfredo w salad (which went to DD), Lemonade to drink and Tiramisu Gelato for dessert. I was not impressed with the Alfredo, which normally I like. No matter how much I tried I couldn't get the sauce onto the noodles. It tasted very bland. The Gelato was okay, but didn't make up for the Alfredo.:(:( Final rant for this report, maybe.
24 lunch (4).JPG

We talked about a number of things during dinner. As mentioned above, for the kids to stop waving and eating. Okay more me talking there. But their input on how the day was going, how they were enjoying it and what to do next. The Haunted Mansion was sort of agreed to. DD had her reservations about going on the ride. However she was out voted and I was able to grab a FP for it, relatively shortly after our lunch. We did try to console her by saying they weren't real ghosts, but mirrors and images.

But before we made our way up the hill, we decided to get in one more M&G. This one would end up being one of our favourites and most enjoyable.

Last edited:

Scoppin

Original Poster
Monday, Sept 19th -- Continued

We had noticed Jessie and Woody the other day, but didn't have time to visit with them. Today we made time. And I have to say they were in full character mode and playful mood. When we got closer to our turn I took out our mini Jessie and mini Woody. DS had mini Woody, which Jessie had taken. Woody had noticed DD holding mini Jessie and pointed to the mini Jessie and the real Jessie. The fun was about to start.
26  MK_FRNTCHR1 Sept 22.jpeg

Jessie took it from him and hide it in the blue basket in the back. You can see DS's reaction of putting his hand to his forehead, as to say, what is she going.
26 Woody & jessie.JPG

Jessie acting like nothing has happened. :devilish::devilish: DD is holding mini Jessie. I don't think anyone really noticed, but mini Jessie was missing an arm. I wasn't able to locate the one with both arms before leaving home.
26 Woody & jessie (2).JPG

It was at this time Woody was informed of his mini me location. He was a little sad he was put in the basket, as Jessie is moving a little further from him. The kids were enjoying their antics and reactions. I suggested to Woody that he should throw mini Jessie into the lake. :hilarious::hilarious: I kind of noticed a smile come onto his face, gave me a thumbs up, thought about it but eventually put mini Jessie in the basket as well.
26 Woody & jessie (6).JPG

I can't remember if the kids were asked to dance here or if it was hug time. You can notice both mini mes in the basket.
26  MK_FRNTCHR1 Sept 22 (5).jpeg

Picture with the kids. I am not sure when it was asked, but DS asked Woody where Bullseye was. I am not sure, but I am sure I missed something as when I looked over, I noticed Woody rubbing his tummy. Then I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind; 'What you ate him!' :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: Well that caused a ruckus. Woody shook his head and waved his arms in saying no. DS then stepped in and explained Bullseye was just out and about. Woody then gave big thumbs up and nodded. Phew, Bullseye was not eaten. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: But I guess that would be one way of writing someone out of the script. :joyfull::joyfull:
26  MK_FRNTCHR1 Sept 22 (7).jpeg

Kids with the fun loving couple and you can see the mini mes in the basket behind them. And you can tell by the smiles, that this was a very enjoyable M&G.
26 MK Sept 19 Enlargements (19).JPG

I had to get in for a picture with everyone.
26  MK_FRNTCHR1 Sept 22 (9).jpeg

Considering the amount of time I was on my phone trying to pick up extra FPs, I am glad I brought my portable charger, which happens to be sticking out of my pocket. I thought I had done a better job of tucking it in.

Before heading out to our next stop, I got a huge hug from Jessie. Jessie gives out nice hugs.:inlove::inlove::joyfull:
26  MK_FRNTCHR1 Sept 22 (10).jpeg

After saying thank you for the visit, collecting all of our things, and saying bye it was time for our short junt up the hill for our next FP. If counting this would be FP # 7 of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom