Trip Report SURPRISE SEPTEMBER TRIP REVEALED.... BUT WAS IT A SURPRISE?

This is my first trip report and I hope I can compare to the high standards of some of the trip reports I read before our trip, during my research period. Thank you by the way to all who indirectly made this a magically and memorable trip.

We did manage to make it to WDW and back home safely. Been home for about 6 days now and still working at cleaning/organizing everything after the trip. Especially all the photos taken. I had a personal count of about 2200 pictures/videos of my own. Now mind you most of those were similar. By that I mean, my cameras have the option of taking up to 3 photos in a row. I thought best to use this feature in order to acquire the perfect shot, instead of being stuck with only the 'one' picture of someone looking elsewhere or with their eyes closed. And of course there were those few shots taken of the ground that always appear to happen. Not to mention just over another 1000 photos in my Memory Maker account. I think this was a very good investment on my part.

I guess I should start by back tracking a little.

Why? Besides the answer of why not, this trip started to flourish by the kids last year asking if we could go to WDW. I promised we could in two or three years but we would have to cut back on some of our spending and start saving for it. So, true answer, promise made.

How? Things just ended up falling into place to go this September, about a year in advance. I was able to receive some severance from a project I was helping with and thought our WDW trip would be a good way of using it.

When? I was originally thinking of going around March 2017, near to DD's birthday, but further research provided information September provided some of the lowest crowd levels. This would be an extra benefit for someone who has not been to WDW in about 40 years to be able to get around. September provided some extra benefits besides the lower crowds, lower costs and free dining. I would happen to have the children for a 3 week period in September and would allow flexibility to when we would fly. (Only later to decide we would be driving instead, but still allow us to be at WDW longer than the normal 7 days I have the children.) It would also be DS's birthday during this 3 week period and who won't want to celebrate their birthday at WDW.

I decided we would drive down (more due to trying to keep it a secret longer), departing Canada on Monday, September 12th taking the scenic route to WDW. We would arrive at WDW on Thursday, September 15th and depart on Friday, September 23rd. This would give us newbies 7 full days in the parks to explore.

I should add that while I was organizing the above, the children were planning a trip for the three of us to go to WDW July 2017 for my birthday. I know I am mean in being so deceitful, but I actually did give them the option to help plan 'a trip I was planning' but they wanted it to be a surprise. So, really it is their own fault. :p:D:rolleyes:;):joyfull:

Who?

Me- Paul

9 MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD (2).jpeg

DS - Daniel

9 MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD (49).jpeg

DD - Christina

9 MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD (57).jpeg

I think I will end it here for now. I will be back soon to report our departure and our first leg of our drive.

MySmallWorldof4

Lovely finishing write-up. I know you said you don't think you will ever make it back, but I hope that someday you and your kids will, if not while they are still little then maybe when they are done with school? Maybe they can take you.;)
Thanks again for the awesome trip report. :)

Scoppin

Original Poster
Lovely finishing write-up. I know you said you don't think you will ever make it back, but I hope that someday you and your kids will, if not while they are still little then maybe when they are done with school? Maybe they can take you.;)
Thanks again for the awesome trip report. :)

It would be nice to go back. I know they would love it. I just have to be aware of all the other factors of life. The good news is that we actually have gone. It would be nice if they to be taken there. :)

Thank you for the kind words. I have mentioned it earlier, but was nervous with writing the report. Have read some great reports with awesome pictures. I did my best, and maybe the memories helped, shared our family experience. And maybe writing this from a different perspective, a first time visitor, instead of a veteran visitor gave it a different twist. And to further this, I learned tonnes from what I read here, and if my experience/report will help someone else, then my paying it forward is complete.

Scoppin

Original Poster
I did remember one thing last night. I knew there was going to be something I forgot. Even though I wrote my wrap up on word over a several days and reread it a few more times. (I wrote it on word as I know I won't be able to write it all in one day and it would have been lost in the draft, happened before, and can be very frustrating in trying to remember everything you wrote.)

The thing I forgot was actually a disappointment, however, maybe some reading may be able to help me out. Actually DS.

I had promised DS to repaint his bathroom last summer. I asked him how he would like to decorate it. He replied Mickey Mouse. Meaning the liquid soap dispenser, garbage can and mat. I went on the Disney site, however was not able to find what we wanted. The only thing I was able to find as soap dish, toothbrush holder and one other item we couldn't use. And it wasn't the decoration he wanted. They were white with little Mickey ears over them. I mentioned to him we should hold off as we may be able to find what we wanted when we went the summer of 2017, as it would be better to paint around the decor than the other way around. Knowing, we would be going September 2016. However, we looked while we were there and not able to find anything. I even asked a number of CMs and they pointed here and there. We went to a number of shops on Main Street but no luck. We never went over to Disney Springs, but didn't think we would have any luck there either.

I was wondering, with all of the Disney knowledge here, does anyone know a site/location to purchase these items. It would also be nice if the shipping+ was not out of this world. And references would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom