Trip Report SURPRISE SEPTEMBER TRIP REVEALED.... BUT WAS IT A SURPRISE?

This is my first trip report and I hope I can compare to the high standards of some of the trip reports I read before our trip, during my research period. Thank you by the way to all who indirectly made this a magically and memorable trip.

We did manage to make it to WDW and back home safely. Been home for about 6 days now and still working at cleaning/organizing everything after the trip. Especially all the photos taken. I had a personal count of about 2200 pictures/videos of my own. Now mind you most of those were similar. By that I mean, my cameras have the option of taking up to 3 photos in a row. I thought best to use this feature in order to acquire the perfect shot, instead of being stuck with only the 'one' picture of someone looking elsewhere or with their eyes closed. And of course there were those few shots taken of the ground that always appear to happen. Not to mention just over another 1000 photos in my Memory Maker account. I think this was a very good investment on my part.

I guess I should start by back tracking a little.

Why? Besides the answer of why not, this trip started to flourish by the kids last year asking if we could go to WDW. I promised we could in two or three years but we would have to cut back on some of our spending and start saving for it. So, true answer, promise made.

How? Things just ended up falling into place to go this September, about a year in advance. I was able to receive some severance from a project I was helping with and thought our WDW trip would be a good way of using it.

When? I was originally thinking of going around March 2017, near to DD's birthday, but further research provided information September provided some of the lowest crowd levels. This would be an extra benefit for someone who has not been to WDW in about 40 years to be able to get around. September provided some extra benefits besides the lower crowds, lower costs and free dining. I would happen to have the children for a 3 week period in September and would allow flexibility to when we would fly. (Only later to decide we would be driving instead, but still allow us to be at WDW longer than the normal 7 days I have the children.) It would also be DS's birthday during this 3 week period and who won't want to celebrate their birthday at WDW.

I decided we would drive down (more due to trying to keep it a secret longer), departing Canada on Monday, September 12th taking the scenic route to WDW. We would arrive at WDW on Thursday, September 15th and depart on Friday, September 23rd. This would give us newbies 7 full days in the parks to explore.

I should add that while I was organizing the above, the children were planning a trip for the three of us to go to WDW July 2017 for my birthday. I know I am mean in being so deceitful, but I actually did give them the option to help plan 'a trip I was planning' but they wanted it to be a surprise. So, really it is their own fault. :p:D:rolleyes:;):joyfull:

Who?

Me- Paul

9 MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD (2).jpeg

DS - Daniel

9 MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD (49).jpeg

DD - Christina

9 MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD (57).jpeg

I think I will end it here for now. I will be back soon to report our departure and our first leg of our drive.

Scoppin

Original Poster
That's awesome you guys were able to take a picture with the whole Halloween crew! Looks like you pulled off a wonderful birthday celebration with your kids. Way to go Dad!!!

Thank you. :happy: I am glad the kids were able to get the group picture. :happy::happy: I don't think it happens very often, especially when you consider the number of people who walk through those gates.

I think they had a good day. Smiles for the most of it, even though I know the heat was getting to them mid afternoon.

I think it will be a birthday he will remember for some time. My next problem is, if I am to be fair as I always try to do between the two of them, is to have DD celebrate her birthday at WDW as well. Which would be the end of March if it would to happen. But unfortunately no matter how much I would like to have it happen, being able to accomplish this trip took some doing, going back again I am not sure if is. I guess all we can do is hope and pray.

Thanks again. The trip was about them. :happy::happy:

Scoppin

Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 -- MAGIC KINGDOM

It has been a while getting to this part of the report, maybe because this was our last day in the parks.

There was a little adjustment to our agenda made the night before, considering our other two days to MK were very busy and completed some of today's agenda items. I also added to the side of our agenda the appearances of the character M&Gs for today, in case we wanted to join some. Sadly, there would be no Princess M&Gs today. Well, actually, can't be too sad about it. DD did see just about every single Princess she could see, some multiple times. the only one we may have missed was a breakfast and a tea at a couple of the resorts. But this is not to say today was going to be Character free.

Today we were heading left, into Adventureland.

We started the day with the following FPs booked:

9:40 - Pirates of the Caribbean (which we did on our first day)
10:55 - Jungle Cruise
12:40 - Splash Mountain
7:05 - ADR at Crystal Palace
And we still had those 12 paper FPs we haven't used yet.

Our day started later than I would have liked. I would have thought the kids would have been more 'ready' to start the day early in order to make the most of our last day. But I guess the week was catching up with them and they were tired. We didn't make it onto the bus until about 9:40 am.

Before we got on the bus, we were speaking with a mother who was there with her two young boys. I would say they were 5 & 7. They were just starting their trip as we were wrapping ours up. We ended up continuing our conversation after the bus dropped us off at MK. But back onto the bus first. As per normal we headed straight to the back of the bus. Spoke with a couple of other families during the ride. I asked them if they had already been to Disney Studios. They mentioned they had. I mentioned it was too bad as we still had the paper FP we got from the Jedi Training. I then mentioned to the kids, it would be good to give it to someone instead of it going to waste. Well, as luck would have it, the mother and 2 boys we were speaking with while waiting for the bus were behind us when we got off the bus. I asked her if they had been to Disney Studios yet, if not if they were and why I was asking. She mentioned they hadn't, but were and it was awfully nice of us to offer the FP to her. She then gave us her room number so we could drop the FP off to her when we were done our day. We didn't bring the FP with us, as didn't even think about giving it away until we were on the bus and we won't actually need it at MK. But it actually worked out better this way. More on this later, much much later. So, we parted ways again and continued on our third MK adventure.

We started right from the gates today getting some pictures done.
We got in line for a character M&G right in Town Square and decided to get some extra pictures while we waited. If you look closely, just in the background, you can see who we were there to see. It was already really warm out.
1 Main street (1).JPG

A picture of some horse power. Behind was a trolley of some singers/dancers who just finished a show. I think by this time, I had sent the kids into the shade. Think they are sitting somewhere behind the horse.
1 Main street (4).JPG

I think she needs a new parasol. Actually, taking a better look at her, she has a canny, or should I say orangey, resemblance to someone. I ended up striking up a conversation with a couple in front of me. He was actually in the military and surprisingly, had been posted at the bases located in the cities we stopped at on our way down. They added, they had been in Florida before and don't remember it being as humid as it was today. Did I mention it was warm out today and it was only 10:30.
1 Main street (7).JPG

So, did anyone guess we were there to see Stitch. Here is a nice picture of Stitch holding baby Stitch. How cute. He was actually the only costume character who make and sound/spoke. What do you think @JenniferS, would he fit in your suitcase?
2 stitch Enlargements.JPG

Ta Da!
2 stitch MK_TWNSQR Sept 22 (4).jpeg

Stitch signed the kids autographs books while still holding baby Stitch.
2 stitch MK_TWNSQR Sept 22 (5).jpeg

This is why we are here. Look at those smiles.
2 stitch MK_TWNSQR Sept 22 (8).jpeg

Close up. Notice they are wearing the 'same' themed shirts. We were planning on watching the Move It! Shake it! Dance & Play It! Street Party. Figured the shirts may get Phineas' and Ferb's attention for a photo op. Well, at least that was the plan.
2 stitch MK_TWNSQR Sept 22 (9).jpeg

Picture surrounded by pumpkins with the castle behind us. Didn't notice until now, apparently caught the end of a show considering the fireworks and releasing of balloons. It is fitting though, these two are my stars.
3 Pumkins Enlargements (2).JPG

Someone was nice enough to take our family picture. In turn, I also took theirs. However, it appears my picture was not good enough for fireworks. :p:p
3 Pumkins Enlargements (3).JPG

If you were following along closely you may have realized our window for Pirates had closed by now. That is okay as I was able to change it to a later FP, 1:40, in order to meet Mickey at Town Square Theater. Finding refuge somewhere with A/C would be a great idea come that time.

Scoppin

Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPT 22 - CONTINUED

More from Town Square and a pictures with couple on the bench. DS mentioned the statue was hot when he leaned on it. I couldn't image what it was going to be like come mid afternoon.
4 minnie statue Enlargements (4).JPG

From here we decided to take the train to Frontierland. We hadn't rode the WDW Railway as of yet so it was our final opportunity. I thought I had taken some pictures, but apparently not. This morning was one of those in which we just throw out what we had down and went with it. I had mentioned the Pirate's Adventure and Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial but the kids weren't interested. We also already met Aladdin and Woody & Jessie. We had Peter Pan on our agenda but decided we won't visit him today. The kids sort of regretted it later, but it was too late by then. And we, well the kids, already rode the Magic Carpets and Pirates on our first day at MK. So really, we already accomplished our morning before we even arrived this morning. ;);) In truth, there were only a few MK attractions which we hadn't been on, so today was going to be what would you like to do again kind of day. So, really no problem in going with the flow today. The above being stated, starting a little later today was not a real issue.

Question posed to the kids, what to do first when we get off the train? They weren't ready to go on the Jungle Cruise and I think it was DD who piped up and stated the Haunted Mansion. So, up the hill we went and we used 3 of our paper FPs to avoid the line. Sorry no pictures from the ride this time. DD was not as scared this time as she knew what to expect.

It was lunch time by the time we left the Mansion. We headed just down the hill for lunch. I had heard good things about this place and wanted to check it out for myself. It was actually on my agenda. Where, Columbia Harbour House.

DD had the kids chicken nugget with fries. I don't think she finished the nuggets. Not really a news flash.
5 lunch columbia house.JPG

DS had the fish platter with fries.
5 lunch columbia house (1).JPG

And considering all the hype I have heard about the lobster roll, I had to check it out for myself. All I will say is, it was messy and difficult trying to keep all that in the roll. And there was nothing left after I was done. I would agree with the reviews and have it again if we are back.
5 lunch columbia house (2).JPG

And we had 3 desserts of the month. Today it was chocolate cake.
5 lunch columbia house (3).JPG

It was busy and not many places to sit to be found. We decided to venture upstairs. The kids found a table but I kept going to the other end and found a nice table by a window where the three of us could sit comfortably. The table they found was more for a couple. I also thought I took a picture of our view, but again I am mistaken. We had a nice view of the path leading up the hill to the Mansion. We, well maybe not DD, enjoyed our meals and were ready to continue with our day.

By this time our window for Splash Mountain had opened and started on our way around the lagoon. However, something didn't appear right as we were getting closer. It was quiet. Too quiet. We soon realized why. Splash Mountain was closed and no reason was stated. There were several CMs near the entrance explaining options to the guests. We had a few choices. We could keep our FP and use it later in the day when it reopened. Or be given a FP to one of the attractions on their list. The kids decided to keep our FP and come back later.

The next question to answer was, what are we going to do now? DD asked to go on Space Mountain. It was one of the FP options mentioned above and probably the reason she was asking. I was not keen about going on it. DS mentioned he would like to as well. So, I pulled out the phone and the earliest FP I could get was 3:25. This still left the question, what to do now.

We decided to take a different water ride. We used another 3 of our paper FPs to hop onto the Jungle Cruise. We were the last to board our boat and were seated in the back. I don't remember our Captain's name or even any of the jokes he shared during our journey, but they were funny.

I can tell by the looks on both of their faces they are warm.
6 Jungle cruise.JPG

Cabin by the water.
6 Jungle cruise (3).JPG

'Little' slithery friend.
6 Jungle cruise (7).JPG

Close up of said friend.
6 Jungle cruise (6).JPG

Where are the original campers from this camp?
6 Jungle cruise (9).JPG

Question to the above to come soon.

Scoppin

Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPT 22 -- CONT

More from the jungle.
6 Jungle cruise (12).JPG

DD's favourite animal.
6 Jungle cruise (14).JPG

Glad we weren't invited to that dinner party
6 Jungle cruise (17).JPG

We finally found the campers from the earlier camp site. I wonder if they got the point of being careful in the jungle.
6 Jungle cruise (19).JPG

The welcoming committee.
6 Jungle cruise (23).JPG

Baby having fun with the water on a hot day.
6 Jungle cruise (28).JPG

Oh, that is what I forgot to get DS for his birthday. A shrunken head.
6 Jungle cruise (35).JPG

The window for our next FP had opened up, however we could leisurely make our way there and even make a couple of stops if we chose. And we did. Coming across a couple of lonely photographers. Main street with the Castle in the background. He wasn't the only lonely photographer as you can see for yourself in the background.
7 MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20160922_7810061292 (6).jpeg

We even got a special picture with a special little visitor. DS and I look surprised. I am not sure about DD. Debating between scared and not impressed. :hilarious::hilarious:
7 MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20160922_7810061292 (7).jpeg

One more stop before seeing the big guy and make a photographer a little less lonely.
8 MK_TSHOLIDAY Sept 22 (2).jpeg

Scoppin

Original Poster

One more visit with the big guy.
It was a good time to find some relief from the heat and not to mention skip a long line. I can't remember the standby time but we were happy with not having to wait. But then again waiting in the A/C would not have been a totaly back thing. We were even given a red card. I didn't know these were also handed to those using the FP lane.

Before we got to see Mickey, DS wanted to take a crack at McDuck's safe.
View attachment 187241
He was unsuccessful.

So, DD took a crack at it as well. But she had the same unsuccessful fate.
View attachment 187242

Mickey giving the kids his autograph.
View attachment 187238

Big smiles with the big guy.
View attachment 187239

Family shot. Not sure why I have that look. Appears I had a very long night. I guess sort of, as I was feeling the affects of the heat and humidity.
View attachment 187240
We had some time before we had to secure our 'seats' for the Festival of Fantasy Parade so we spent some time in Curtain Call Collectibles. DD didn't happen to find something she wanted but DS did. He purchased a 7" grey Mickey (which he ended up giving to my father when we returned home), Mickey and Minnie Tsum Tsums and a Hiro & Baymax pin.

We then headed over to Frontierland to find a spot to view the parade. I had heard this was a good location and not as crowded as Main Street. We were able to find some space in front of the Frontier Trading Post. There were people already there, however they were sitting 2' to 3' back from the walkway, in the shade. I can't remember if the ropes were already up or in the process of being put up, but I told the kids to have a seat right up by where the ropes would be. There were a couple of ladies with an older child behind us and I heard a few comments. Something to the affect about how crowed it was going to get and people crowding their space. I am sure the comments were made towards our direction and due to where we sat. However, I don't feel guilty about our decision. It was not like we sat right in front of them. They were still about 2' behind us. It was not like they were on the 'curb' and we pushed our way in front of them. And the kids were not even standing. Others eventually came and filled in the gap between us. They chose shade, I chose location. Once I had the kids settled I went across the walkway to purchase us some ice cream to help reduce the affects of the heat. I noticed the CM was from a Caribbean Island and mentioned he must be use to the heat. He replied not really as they don't have the humidity as they have in Florida. I purchased 2 Mickey Premium Bars for the kids and a Mickey Sandwich for myself. I went back over to give the kids their ice cream and their cup lids as protection from melting ice cream and a handful of napkins.

A little girl shortly came and sat beside the kids, as there was still some room. Her mother and grandmother were behind me and they gave her a Mickey Premium Bar. I had an extra lid so I offered it to the mother and explained why. They thought it was a great idea and thanked me for it. However, the lid did not prevent the little one from being covered in chocolate. Which just proves, if a child is going to get dirty they are going to find a way.

Now to the parade and first the marching band leading the parade with their new band leader.
View attachment 187245

Here we have Belle waving right at us.:inlove:
View attachment 187243

A nice moment between the two.
View attachment 187246

Cinderella and Prince Charming.
View attachment 187244

Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.
View attachment 187237

Still lots more pictures from the parade to come.

FlaggNL

Finally got time to catch up! Great and explicit TR! Love all the pics! Great to see some Bush Gardens! Been there 27!! years ago! Thanks for sharing!!

Scoppin

Original Poster
Finally got time to catch up! Great and explicit TR! Love all the pics! Great to see some Bush Gardens! Been there 27!! years ago! Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you for following and the nice comments. This is my first TR and I am aware of the high expectations from everyone here. (have read many other TRs here, including from who appears to be the senior states-person @Tuvalu.) I am just hoping I can be in the same park, or at least in the same state/coast. ;);)

I am in the same boat as you regarding you and Bush Gardens as me with WDW. Approximately 40 years for me. Things changed just a little. ;);)

The least I can do considering the amount I picked all of your brains in helping me plan for this trip. Which I will say again, thank you all very much in helping make this trip the success it was.

Scoppin

Original Poster

Now for the end of the parade.

10 Festival of Fantasy parade Enlargements (20).JPG

10 Festival of Fantasy parade (98).JPG

10 Festival of Fantasy parade (100).JPG

10 Festival of Fantasy parade (107).JPG

10 Festival of Fantasy parade (110).JPG

We then came across a semi lonely Photopass Photographer on our way to our next stop, which wasn't very far away. There was only one family ahead of us.
11 MK_LIBERTY2 Sept 22 (2).jpeg

There is water to be seen. We may be able to get wet today.
12 Splash mountain (2).JPG

Kids not sure what awaits them
12 Splash mountain (4).JPG

12 Splash mountain (7).JPG

12 Splash mountain (9).JPG

More water adventures to come.

Scoppin

Original Poster

Let's continue with our Splash Mountain ride.
12 Splash mountain (12).JPG

Nice view of the park and beyond.
12 Splash mountain (13).JPG

Okay ready for the big drop....better put the camera back into the plastic bag....oh, not the big drop. Remember this is our first time on here and we were sure what to expect. We could go around, then down, then back up, around and down... expecting each time we went down would be the drop. I know fresh eyes.
12 Splash mountain (16).JPG

About the best picture I was able to get inside.
12 Splash mountain (19).JPG

Okay this has to be the big drop now right... oh look, there is that pretty castle.
12 Splash mountain (21).JPG

We have finally made it to the end of our ride.
12 Splash mountain (26).JPG

A few notes regarding our ride. Yes, there a couple of times we thought we were going for the big dip but were just warm ups. We were seated in the front row and I was on the inside. I am not sure if it was one of my two our the couple behind us, but someone mentioned about not really getting wet. I turned around and mentioned, 'You mean like this.' They just laughed and joked about it. I had gotten sprayed and my face and sunglasses were all wet. I wasn't wet due to water being splashed by our ride, but by a nozzle on the side of the ride.

We had to make a few stops before moving on. One was to pick up our PhotoPass picture, which is below. Two, I know this was one of the many stops we made to press pennies. I am certain we pressed over a dozen pennies throughout our trip. Third, rest stop before we ventured over to our next FP.

The below picture is interesting. I am certain my smirk is in reference to DS screaming. But I just noticed the guy in the back. I am wondering what he is contemplating? World Peace? Global Warming? Politics? Where to have dinner?
12 MK_SPLASH Sept 22 (1).jpeg

It was not time for us to venture over to our next FP, which to be honest, I was not looking forward to. It was not on the agenda for a reason, however sometimes there are greater forces at work. Especially when you are a parent.

But we did have some time to take in the scenery and put to work a bored Photopass Photographer. And have another picture taken with Walt and Mickey. I think the pictures shows I was the only one to have gotten wet on our last ride. And mostly on my right side.
13 MK_PARTRIGHT_20160922_7810242200 (2).jpeg

A little photo magic.
13 MK_PARTRIGHT_20160922_7810242200 (4).jpeg

Before we entered into the land we were entering, I wanted to take a few more pictures. Kids, don't appear to be in the best of spirits for this picture, but don't really care, I wanted it. Actually there will be a second one. The kids wanted to stand closer to the entrance, but I told them if they did they would look tiny. Need to stand away from the object behind you. Maybe this was why they had the frowns.
14 tomorrowland entrance.JPG

And no, we didn't put the Photopass Photographer, who is just behind DS's head, to work as he was not lonely. There was a nice line to take care of that.

A few more pictures of the entrance before we head into Tomorrowland.

Scoppin

Original Poster

More pictures before entering Tomorrowland. I wasn't totally happy with our entrance picture so I adjusted the kids position. I had them step back to where the group flooring changed colour. I think it made for a better centering picture.
14 tomorrowland entrance (5).JPG

I know rocks were a big thing within some other reports so I thought I would share their September status. First from the right side.
15 blue rocks (1).JPG

And then the left.
15 blue rocks (4).JPG

We are getting to the tail end of our next FP+ time, so I guess it was time to get to it. I guess I have delayed long enough. I mentioned again to DD that it was a ride completely in the dark, as she normally is resistant to doing things in the dark. Even if it is only going to the back of our Rec room. DS and I asked several CMs along our journey through the FP queue as to the number of turns and how they were. I know must of you know the answer, but we didn't and this is what we were told. There are a few turns and they are not that bad. One even stated 3 turns. Well, as you all know, there are not only 3 turns on the ride. We got the front car; with me up front, DD in the middle (which she thought she would be safe in the middle) and DS in the back. I took the front, partially due being the first for my two and it appeared to have more leg room as had to house our backpack. I still found it a little tight and I am not that big. I don't recall screaming due to the ride, so may have been to embellish the ride for the kids. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.
17 MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB Sept 22 (2).jpeg

So, here is the recap of our first ever Space Mountain ride. There were not only three turns on the ride. It felt like 3 dozen. And they were quick turns. So the ride comes to an end and we step off our car. DD immediately asks about doing it again because it was awesome. My head was spinning so I had to take a seat on the bench a short distance away. DD was then concerned and asking how I was feeling. I mentioned I would be okay, but we weren't going on it again. She replied okay Daddy. But this wasn't the worse of the affects of the ride. While I was sitting, DS mentioned he passed out. I asked if he was okay. He said he was okay. I further asked how/when. He replied it he saw the lights on the first turn, passed out and woke up just before the end of the ride.

It was decided we would take a lighter side to the attractions for the next little while.

Question, which would be the most relaxing attraction available?

Who guessed the people mover?

Does this look like a tired someone?
18 People mover (2).JPG

A happy little one. However you can tell she is warm. The rosy checks are her tell.
18 People mover (4).JPG

Did I ask earlier if someone looked tired. Here is proof.
18 People mover (5).JPG

From here we went on a few more less intense attractions. Carousal of Progress was our next stop. I think it would be our third time around. When we were done our ride, we stopped at a bench just outside. DS basically took the same pose as above. Space Mountain had a bigger impact on him.

I am not sure if you have noticed the shirts the kids were wearing, but it wasn't by accident. I happen to run into the Move It, Shake It, Dance party on one of our earlier MK visits. Kids were a little disappointed they were not about to get close to Phineas and Ferb, so I thought their chances may improve if they wore their shirts. May get their attention. However, they were not interested in seeing the show this afternoon. Space Mountain may have also affected this part of our agenda. So, we journeyed on with our adjusted day's agenda.

We then made our way over to Mickey's Philamagic in order to enjoy the show again while being able to sit with A/C. When the show was done we did a little shopping in Fantasy Faire. But before we really got started DD mentioned she had to use the restroom. I asked where the nearest restroom was located and believe I was told it was Rapunzel's. DS didn't want to come with us, so I told him to stay put until we returned. DS was there when we returned. I completed our purchases and moved to one more easy ride.

We had one more FP to use up and the window was open. Sorry not pictures of our ride, or at least any worthy of posting. And one we hadn't ridden before, Peter Pan's Flight. This was good to round out the week to complete being able to ride everything possible.

The Regal Carousal was next.
19 regal carolsel.JPG

19 regal carolsel (1).JPG

As pictures prove, both kids were back to feeling normal. It was nice to see smiles back on both their faces.
19 regal carolsel (7).JPG

By this time it was time for our dinner ADR. Next time pictures from our ADR and our adventure on getting there.

Scoppin

Original Poster

Our adventures in Fantasyland has come to an end and we need to start to make our way to our final ADR of our trip. :(:( The kids are already stating they don't want the trip to end. We need to head back out towards the entrance is order to get to our ADR. The castle was closed so we had to make our way around on the Adventureland side. We were on the bridge leading into Adventureland when I noticed a family who looked lost. I know I am not an expert on WDW, but I thought I may be able to assist, stopped and asked if they needed help. I thought there was going to be a language issue when they responded. But soon realized they were speaking Portuguese and responded back in the same. Okay, maybe not exactly the same as I am a little rusty. The father was a little surprised and we continued on with our conversation. I forget the reason why they looked lost, as we ended up continuing our conversation more about where we were from. I mentioned we were from Canada, but my parents were from Portugal. They were from Brazil. They were just starting their trip, which may have also added to the lost looks/pointing as to where to go, and we were on our last day. Introductions were made, but sorry no pictures were taken. I believe I spoke with the father for about 5-10 minutes when I mention we had to move along to our dinner and they continued into Advertureland. DD and DS asked what we talked about, as they are not as understanding of the Portuguese language. I briefed them on the conversation as we continued on our journey to dinner.

It started to rain when we finally arrived. Nothing heavy more of a light rain. These were the skies.
20 before dinner.JPG

Those of you who have much experience at MK may recognize the view and may know where we are.
20 before dinner (1).JPG

I checked us in and had a seat on the very crowded porch. The kids decided to 'play' on the stairs. No, there was no light saber battles, more calm play with the characters they had brought. There was flavoured water in a large container, near the entrance, which the children and I help ourselves to. It was nice and cold. Did I mentioned it was a warm day. 7:00 pm and it was still warm out. The light rain would have been very refreshing for those walking through the park.

We didn't have to wait very long for our name to be called. Long enough to enjoy the rest before dinner, but entering the A/C building was nice as well. When we entered we turned right and had a window table at the end of the dining room. Have not figured out where we are yet, well this would be our last character dinner. I wasn't sure if this would be a success as I wasn't sure if the kids were fans but we were about to find out.

Our first visitor;
DD getting Piglet's autograph.
21 piglet (1).JPG

DS getting Piglet's autograph. DS kept up his 'question period' with the characters. I can't remember his question for Piglet.
21 piglet (5).JPG

The kids with Piglet.
21 piglet (6).JPG

Me with Piglet.
21 piglet (11).JPG

DS with his final birthday card of the trip.
22 b day card.JPG

Our server, Amir, was kind enough to take this picture of DS with me.
22 b day card (4).JPG

Who next, but Pooh of course. DD working on getting her selfie with Pooh.
23 Pooh (1).JPG

Selfie within a picture.
23 Pooh (6).JPG

A few more pictures to come from Crystal Palace.

Scoppin

Original Poster

More pictures from the Palace.
I forgot to mention above DS's question to Pooh, would you share your honey pot? I think there was some miscommunication as if you notice in the picture Pooh is rubbing his tummy. thinking he heard, how is your honey pot?

My turn with Christopher Robin's favourite friend.
23 Pooh (9).JPG

DD wanted a selfie, so Pooh and I decided to be silly.
23 Pooh (11).JPG

Eeyore was our next guest. Question being ask was about his tail. Poor Eeyore.
24 Eeore (2).JPG

DD's turn with Eeyore.
24 Eeore (6).JPG

Silly shot with both kids.
24 Eeore (8).JPG

Me, DD and Eeyore.
24 Eeore (10).JPG

Who is up next? Well there is only one left of course. The one and only bouncy bounce spring like Tigger. DS got a big hug after his question about Tigger's bouncing.
25 tigger.JPG

Tigger with the kids and its all good.
25 tigger (2).JPG

Tigger, I think, was the only one to notice DS's birthday button.
25 tigger (6).JPG

DD with her solo picture with Tigger.
25 tigger (10).JPG

There is not much left to say about today in the next posting. Well, actually there is a bunch to say, plus I think one more picture, but it can all be stated in the next posting, which will conclude our final day in the parks.:(:(:cry::cry:

Scoppin

Original Poster

Final dinner picture (and of the day)... me with bouncy tail himself. Tight hug and a fist bump.
25 tigger (18).JPG

The kids were 'crying' about going back to Sports so they could go for a swim. Considering the rain, figured might as well as not likely MSEP was going to happen. But then again, might have been good to stay, as it is no more. I don't even remember if Wishes occurred and we would have had a sort of good view, except for the awning outside the window. And I don't remember Celebrate the Magic Fireworks as we left MK at about 8:30, the time it was suppose to start.

We popped into Sport Goofy Gifts for a look around, as we still had money on our gift cards. I mentioned for the kids to look around and I could come back after they had gone to sleep. We made it back to our room, dropped our stuff, kids got changed and they were in the pool by 9:15. They were able to have a nice long swim this time without any interruptions from thunderstorms. They closed the pool tonight.

However, after their swim, our night was not over just yet. We had a delivery to make. We now went out to search for the room of the family we had meant in the bus line early this morning. This would actually be the first time we ventured out onto the grounds of the resort. We were usually heading in the opposite direction, towards the pool or out to the bus stop. The kids liked the second pool and wished they had gone swimming there. I mentioned why, when we had one almost right outside our room. We finally found our destination. The lights were off so I was going to just leave the FP cards on the door handle up against the door frame, and hope no one would take them. I was not able to slide them under the door. DS however, decided he wanted to see if they were home and knocked. I mentioned for him not to do that as they could be very tired and have gone to bed. However, since the deed was already done, we waited. No lights turned on and no one answered the door. We ended leaving them a little extra gift. We had not used up all of our MK FP vouchers we received our first night, when we got soaked like wet rats, so we figured no use they going to waste either. We had 6 left, so we added them to the DS FP we received when we signed up for the Jedi training. We had completed our good deed for the day and headed back to our room. The kids were disappointed they were not able to see them one last time.

The kids got ready for bed and I returned to Goofy Gifts in order to complete their wish lists.

For DS: Mickey backpack, a Donald billed cap and 9" Chip & Dale stuffies to round out his WDW collection.
For DD: Mickey backpack (but different pattern) and a female villain character cap.
for Moi: A MNSSHP shirt, Mickey 2016 tree ornament, Minnie Sugarplum ornament and Wall-E/Eve ornament. The last three would later be found under the Christmas tree in a few months.

I was reading the paper behind the cashier, while she was running everything through. The headline was catching my eye. It was regarding the civil unrest in Charlotte, NC after the shooting. I believe it was day two of the unrest. Care to guess where our overnight stop was the next night.

I headed back to our room with our loot and tried to sort a few things, getting ready for the packing the next day, before I called it a night as well.

Scoppin

Original Poster
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 - DEPARTURE DAY

Decided that since we really didn't have any plans, park plans at least, for today I would let the kids sleep in a little. I on the other hand may have slept in a little but was up way before the kids and started the long process of sorting and packing. I will have to say, I am really glad we drove as there was no way we were going to get everything we purchased on a plane, unless we had our own jet. But with time, the kids got up and ready, everything got all packed up (some things were transported in their original Disney Park bags) and we headed to the main building in order to borrow a cart in order to transport everything from our room to our van. We had no issue getting a cart, actually we got a cart from another guest who was done with his, after the okay from the CM. Not that I was going to take the cart home or anything, but I didn't sign for it and the other guest didn't sign it back in. But it did make both of our lives easier, as there was quite a bit of a line. It also took some thoughtful and careful packing in order to get everything onto the cart and not to mention into the van, but we were able to get it all sorted out. Things we needed, for the next couple of days, on top or up front.

We returned the cart and entered the lobby in order to check out. A CM was standing in the middle of the lobby and asked if she could of assistance. I mentioned we were trying to check out. She replied she could help us with that and confirmed we were already checked out. I was a little surprised as I had not received anything under our door and not to mention I thought I would have to confirm the extra expenses added to our room bill. I guess not. It would have been nice to have a copy of our room invoice. I mentioned we had left a couple of things in the room on purpose. The first a Tinker Bell shirt which ended up being to small for DD and a night light. However, DS spoke up and mentioned he packed the night light. I later asked him why as we had enough at home which are energy efficient. This one was not. It was a bulb type. I added most people forget about night lights and would come in handy for someone who had little ones who may need a night light and forgot one. But not much we could do about it now, and we still have not used it at home. :(:(

We were not in a hurry to leave and decided to end our trip by using our remaining quick service credits to have a nice breakfast in the dining hall instead of in our room. The kids mentioned it would have been nice to have meet the family whom we gave the FP vouchers before we left. And won't you know it, they just happened to walk through the dining hall, past us, just as we were finishing up our breakfast. We quickly got up and caught up to them just outside the doors. The kids asked if they had gotten the vouchers. I added we were a little worried as we had to leave them on the doorknobs, noticed the lights were out and didn't want to disturb them as sure they had a busy day at MK and we had a few other vouchers and we left them as well. The mother replied she did find all the vouchers but they had not returned at that time. She then looked at her boys and asked if there was anything they wanted to say. The boys thanked us for the vouchers. I mentioned it was no problem as I didn't want them to go to waste and sure they would make use of them. We said our final goodbyes and they continued to the bus stop and we to our van, after putting away our trays.

We were still not leaving Disney directly. I had one more promise to keep, a short trip over to All Star Movies. Remember the Woody toy to go with the oversized Buzz toy. But before we head into the gift shop we decided to take a walk about of the grounds as I heard there could be some photo opts.

DS entertaining DD and Patch.
1 DSCF1199 (2).JPG

DD's turn to entertain, however appears DS is not satisfied with the program and trying to change the channel or turning the volume up.
1 DSCF1199 (4).JPG

Front end of the Love Bug. The kids have been introduced to the Love Bug and want to watch the rest of the movies.
3 DSCF1206 (1).JPG

DS in the winner's circle.
3 DSCF1206 (2).JPG

DD in the winner's circle and happy about it.
3 DSCF1206 (7).JPG

Herbie's back end.
3 DSCF1206 (8).JPG

I didn't frame this one properly. Was having difficulty viewing the screen. As you can tell by the background there is basically no clouds in the sky and very sunny. But at least the picture is clear.
5 DSCF1217 (1).JPG

Kids having fun with Donald and Daisy.
6 DSCF1222.JPG

DD had to get on Daisy as DS had previously with Donald.
6 DSCF1222 (4).JPG

Dosey Doe, grab your partner, turn and carry on with the other partner... Ending with DD giving Donald a kiss.
6 DSCF1222 (5).JPG

A few more pictures of the ground coming before we make it inside.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Then just keep reading as we have many many more M&Gs. I am more than happy to share our experiences as many others have within this forum. Some of what we did were learned here.

He has another family member who posts a number of pictures of him. In fact, posted a selfie of his and Mickey from our second day which he was very upset about. He just forwarded the picture so they could see and within minutes it was on social media with already two likes. I asked him to text in order to express his feelings and to ask to have it taken down, as I didn't want everyone to know we weren't home. He trusts me not to post without his permission. So, he doesn't have any reservations of me taking pictures of him.

I have given us a single goal for each day, a good deed. As simple as opening a door for someone. I no longer have to suggest it, it just happens. There were more throughout our trip.

Awesome! I love the respect of privacy. We have always been a family that is say 'camera shy' publically. Due to my now adult sons work position he has completely pulled down his Facebook, just wasn't worth the repercussions. DD follows FB religiously, also a young adult but rarely posts herself and when she does she carefully limits who can see photos. Both very conscious of how those photos can be distributed. Both have careers they must be mindful of. While we archived a trip very close to yours there isn't much of a paper trail. Every family has to decide for themselves what they want out there and who out there should have access. I so admire your respect for your sons wishes. Admirable as it is his future you are respecting and protecting at an age he has little control over the Big People in his life.

Gabe1

FRIDAY, SEPT 16 CONTINUED..

Well, I guess being home sick has it's advantages.... I can continue my pre trip report a little more than I would normally.

The kids wanted an attempt at the Sword.
First up DD to no avail.
View attachment 172421

Then DS's turn. He put his back into it but still not able to pull it out. As you can see, their lanyards were very useful. Not only able to pin their buttons but also their markers.
View attachment 172422

A picture of the castle from the Fantasyland view. Tried to avoid the crane as much as I could. We would be up there on the second floor in a few days.
View attachment 172423

We had to go around the castle instead of through it as we did first thing this morning. When we came around to the front we came upon the Move It! Shake It! Dance Party. It was something I had on my radar but not on today's agenda. But we were going to take advantage of this even though it was close to being over. Phineas and Ferb are a couple of DS's favourite characters and he is disappointed there are no new episodes. We were able to see them. DS wanted to go up and meet them but they were either entertaining infants/toddlers, and he didn't want to intruded or the music started back up again and we had to move off the road.
View attachment 172424 View attachment 172425

Then a picture with Walt & Mickey
View attachment 172426

And a picture of the castle from main street.
View attachment 172427

We continued up main street until we got to our next destination, Tinker Bell M&G. I don't remember there being a long wait time, maybe 20 minutes, but we were still more than happy to use our FP. Every minute saved gave us more enjoyable experiences. She was very cheery with the kids. Helpful as well. As you can see she assisted DS in getting his autograph book ready. DS also thought yellow would be her colour. I believe DD went with green for her colour.
View attachment 172428

Smiles from the kids.
View attachment 172429

Family pic.
View attachment 172420

It was now just past 1:00 pm and we made our way out of MK and onto a bus headed for Sports.

But before leaving, I was able to get a 5th FP in order to take a ride through the 100 acre woods between 4:25 and 5:25 pm.

Duly noted you yourself are becoming more relaxed with the photo ops.

MySmallWorldof4

I love your trip report. It is so nicely detailed. You seem to have really lovely kids and they are lucky to have you as there dad. You obviously went through a lot of thought to make a dream trip for them.

Gabe1

SATURDAY, SEPT 17 - CONTINUED

We were able to find seats near the middle of the theatre and the show started shortly afterwards. I have heard different things about the show, but mostly about the 'historians'. From what I read, we got the right pair.
View attachment 173123
They were quite funny and the way they interacted with each other and other characters was very enjoyable to watch. I forgot why he tossed his top but it was funny. Just look at the expression on his face.
View attachment 173124

The crush on the lead actor.
View attachment 173125

The happy couple.
View attachment 173127
DD enjoying the show and snow.
View attachment 173128

DS also admitted he enjoyed the show saying it was very funny.
View attachment 173129

Closing song by the sisters.
View attachment 173121

After the show, I can't remember if it was stated by the CM directing us out to our left or by other visitors, but it was mentioned Olaf was just around the corner. He was on our plan, but wasn't sure if going right after the show would be wise. I decided why not and started to direct the children in the right direction. We got to the Celebrity Spot soon afterwards and the wait listed was not bad. I believe it was listed as 10 minutes. It was longer than 10 minutes. May be because the line was not moving, so maybe a Sun break for Olaf. Once the line started moving it moved fairly quickly and soon we were by Olaf's side.

Olaf was the one and only longer wait than was anticipated for us last fall, a few days before you. It stated 10 minutes. In the first 10 minutes the line moved nowhere. In my head I knew we should leave but in the heart the DD wanted the photo. DS well he was just being a gentleman and kept his thoughts to himself for his Sis' sake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom