Surprise reshuffle of Vice Presidents at the Walt Disney World parks on the horizon?

flyerjab

I know the parking lot is being expanded at the MK, but is there a guest-facing major work effort under way?

There is (supposedly) 300 to 350 million dollars being budgeted for changes/additions/renovations to the MK as part of the 3+ billion dollar budget that the board recently approved. Furthermore, there is a rumor backed by at least one or more reliable insiders in these forums that points towards a major Frontierland expansion. So yes, there are potentially a number of things that might be happening.

SirLink

I think this is one out of 2 things

1.) Disney is grooming Dan Cockrell for being in charge or WDW at some point.
2.) Burbank doesn't want Holmes to ruin more refurbishments at MK while trying to improve the park by 2021.

Bingo! Now the real concern begins ... what do they like father like son.

wdwfan4ver

But they would be happy with Holmes to be in charge of a park getting a $2bn relaunch?
The thing is I don't see Holmes wait to retire after the entire DHS redo is over in 2021. Phil is 63 years old now. Disney is only looking at Phil as a step gap guy at DHS for maybe 1 to 3 years and they feel Dan Cockerell can't wait to be VP of MK anymore.

The other thing is Burbank/Glendale is running where the money is being spent for DHS, not TDO. That means Phil's power is limited since DHS doesn't need refurbishments as much as replacing attractions. What I've been reading that TDO don't have the say what attractions are being built, but have a say on stuff like money spent on stuff like refurbishments.

Last edited:

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Reshuffling in this case is marginally interesting due to the large $ coming at least to DHS. It does seem at times that every 6 months or so they pull the slot machine arm and see who lands where, but because we know changes are coming, it feels like we can read a little more into it at this moment.

Captain Neo

WDWMAGIC said:
The timing of any such move is interesting as both Disney's Hollywood Studios and the Magic Kingdom are expected to soon begin a phase of considerable construction.

says who?

I would be beyond thrilled but for the next 5-7 years its all about beefing up MGM and AK and Disney will more than likely expect MK and EC to depend on New Fantasyland and Frozen/Soarin' Over the Horizon combo respectively in that time period.

Beholder

Not an insider, not in "the know", no business acumen to speak of, but, to a simple observer such as myself, it appears as if things are "stirring". If any of this is leading to ANY sort of expansion, update, general refurb, then this is all good. It may just be rumor and speculation at this point, but as trying as life has been for me lately, I'll take it!

ToTBellHop

says who?

I would be beyond thrilled but for the next 5-7 years its all about beefing up MGM and AK and Disney will more than likely expect MK and EC to depend on New Fantasyland and Frozen/Soarin' Over the Horizon combo respectively in that time period.
You doubt Steve? He doesn't often post information that is not strongly corroborated. That's why everyone comes here for WDW news over any other site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom