1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Support for Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'Politics and Social Issues' started by raven24, Aug 30, 2017.

1. raven24

raven24 Well-Known Member

I was meaning to create this thread a few days ago, but I've been busy.

As some of us know, Colin Kaepernick, a previous 49ers quarterback (he's now unemployed), receiver both shame and praise for sitting and kneeling during the national anthem last year. Kaepernick stated he was protesting the way America treats Black people and people of color in general, as well as police brutality and cops getting away with murder. Lots of folks were, and still are, upset about Kap's way of protesting, and others, myself included, admire him for speaking out on his platform. Not only has he spoken out, but he's given back.

I will be posting positive news/updates/whatever else regarding Colin Kaepernick. I pray he only goes up from here, and I wish we had more celebrities willing to speak out on similar issues. Thank you, Colin!

IMG_4167.jpg

2. raven24

raven24 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Kap has reached $900,000 of his million dollar pledge.

3. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

You know Raven, for all of my evil Archie Bunker ways (I wouldn't even grant Catholics civil rights if I weren't one myself!), I do still understand that if I were born Black I would think the same as you and Colin do, about a great many things.

4. Laketravis

Laketravis Premium Member

Maybe Colin could have donated some footwear to these poor unfortunate victims of "the way America treats Black people":

Jim S and willtravel like this.
  5. raven24

Ignoring the negativity and irrelevance posted so far, Kap has donated $100,000 to DACA in support.

6. aw14

aw14 Well-Known Member

7. raven24

A donation of $30,000 went to the Girls Club of New York. Free backpacks were also given out, with Rosario Dawson in attendance for support. Video posted below.

Ellen Ripley and Batman like this.
  8. Laketravis

That seems a bit hypocritical for him to encourage illegal immigrants to come to or stay in a country he despises.

Unless his true intent has been to buy support all along. Then it makes sense. Although it doesn't seem to be working for him based on the many comments at the bottom of this report:

Kap Donates $100K To DACA

Might want to rethink that strategy.

Jim S likes this.
  9. raven24

You're welcome to feel that way.

10. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

These people are morons.

Here's my favorite line out of the 2 articles-

Two months ago, the Ku Klux Klan rallied in their safe space, fully robed and fully protected by multiple law enforcement agencies who brutalized and tear gassed peaceful counter-protesters.”

I don't know if I would call these people "peaceful". 'Angry brats destroying, attempting to erase, and shutting down anything that they don't like' is probably the more accurate description.

willtravel and aw14 like this.
  11. Quinnmac000

Quinnmac000 Well-Known Member

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers isn’t going to kneel for the national anthem, but he’s both supportive of other players doing so in protest and certain that Colin Kaepernick – who first kneeled last year – deserves a job as a quarterback in the NFL.

“I’m gonna stand because that’s the way I feel about the flag — but I’m also 100 percent supportive of my teammates or any fellow players who are choosing not to,” Rodgers said, according to Mina Kimes of ESPN. “They have a battle for racial equality. That’s what they’re trying to get a conversation started around.”

No member of the Packers organization has protested the anthem during the preseason, although tight end Martellus Bennett has spoken out on various social issues and defended his brother Michael’s anthem protest in Seattle. Rodgers believes the protests are a “positive” way to bring about changes in areas that he’s constantly trying to better understand through the various perspectives of black teammates.

He also freely admits Kaepernick’s protests have cost him a job in the NFL.

“I think he should be on a roster right now,” Rodgers told Kimes. “I think because of his protests, he’s not.”

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...rs-supports-anthem-protests-colin-kaepernick/

raven24 likes this.
  12. raven24

It's great that he supports the overall mission. He's looking at the bigger picture and not the simple fact the he kneeled during the national anthem. But he apparently hates America.:rolleyes:

Führer Drumpf had the nerve to call Kap and others who did the same "sons of b*tches," but defends racists and nazis. I'm beyond sick of him.

I'm glad Kap continues to do his thing while his haters keep hating. I love it.

Ellen Ripley likes this.
  13. Quinnmac000

Quinnmac000 Well-Known Member

Eric Winston who is head of the NFLPA also said Trump was wrong and players should have all protections and rights to protest. Ironically the two white guys aren't the ones getting singled out by Trump yet all the black NBA, espn hosts, and NFL players getting the burnt of it.

14. raven24

Exactly. He called Steph Curry out today.

How is that supposed to look?

15. 21stamps

Do you ever feel like maybe a stadium full of thousands of paying fans isn't the place for these kind of actions?

You can do positive things without such a show. Look at all of the players and their charity work, foundations, etc. They do all of that OFF the field.

16. Laketravis

A battle for racial equality? What is this, 1950? Maybe if all the victims would speak in specifics of present inequality (and not examples that are self-inflicted), the conversation would start.

I see nothing but opportunity provided in all avenues of life regardless of the color of ones skin. Whether someone takes advantage of those opportunities is their choice. Where is the inequality?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017 at 9:19 PM
  17. 21stamps

Here's what we're seeing now in sports-

8 year olds being taken advantage of by a horrible coach-
    IMG_4765.jpg

Teens protesting during our Anthem-
    IMG_4766.jpg IMG_4767.jpg
    Gotta love the fists for that extra punch-
    IMG_4768.jpg

And guess what this is?
    A photo of a coach who got fired because his kids knelt in prayer.
    IMG_4769.jpg

It's disgusting. Every kid and coach in the first 4 photos should be suspended/banned from sports in their respective leagues.
    The coach of the 8 year olds should NEVER be allowed to coach children again.

willtravel and 5thGenTexan like this.
  18. raven24

That's the perfect place to do it, where there are thousands of people and cameras everywhere. The media turned it into a show.

19. 21stamps

Exactly. They want the cameras. Of course you can't make a difference and make noise without being live on ESPN.

I love football, absolutely love it. If ANY player on my city's team takes a knee tomorrow, and especially if they raise a fist, I will never attend another game. I won't be alone in that. If it's a player who's jersey myself or my kid own, it will be thrown out immediately.
    IF many people take a knee tomorrow across the NFL, I will not watch their games on tv again.

I hope the players are smart enough to not ruin football tomorrow.

20. Laketravis

Except that many of those thousands of people in the stands disapprove.