Sunshine Seasons update

m star

Sounds great. There's gonna have to be a kid's menu, though, because kids are not going to go for those foods.

General Grizz

m star said:
Sounds great. There's gonna have to be a kid's menu, though, because kids are not going to go for those foods.
... see: Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. :D

Kids will have a Jr. Chef area... and I'm still hopin' for those morning Nestle cookies...

Oh man, I'm going back to '94 here. :lol:

Epcot82Guy

I really think this revamp of the food court has great potential. To have an evolving menu for people not wanting to spend the time/money on a table service restaurant is a great idea, and this sounds like it will probably have several more healthy options (something a lot of guests complained to me about). It has a great story and a neat undertone that the middle one simply did not have. A+ to Disney for some of the new restaurants that have come about with the exception of naming (still hate the name "Noodle Station").

Couple of questions that Grizz or someone else around O-town could answer.

1. What are these "tree trunks" designed as? DId they do anything to the suppport columns besides paint them green? If not, does this suggest there may be more work to be done to them?

2. The description says it represents the sky. How is this tied in beyond the celing of the atrium? I couldn't pick out the color scheme that well from the photos (since it looked white, not sky-like).

3. Has anyone heard anything about the music for the area? Is it a re-vamp of the old theme (i.e. Sun and Moon)? Is Listen to the Land represented anywhere? Have they incorporated all 3 now (i.e. Circle of Life, Soarin', and LwtL?)

CTXRover

^^I can try and answer:

1. The tree trunks appear to be added-on sections to the original columns painted in various shades of green. They are abstract, colorful representations of trees. Some might appreciate this modern art style approach, and others won't. That approach is ok to me, but it just looks good nonetheless. I don't think anything else will be added.

2. The entire atrium is meant to represent the sky. The main portion is painted in two shades of blue. The banners and support columns coming down from the very top are golden or yellow, representing the rays of sunshine. Some have said the second floor (the one you enter on) which is painted primarily white is representative of a "cloud layer". I don't know if that was really the intention or not.

General Grizz

Epcot82Guy said:
1. What are these "tree trunks" designed as? DId they do anything to the suppport columns besides paint them green? If not, does this suggest there may be more work to be done to them?

If they represented trees, I would rather see patterns of leaves, actual plants, or something that actually puts guests into the Land added. I am not quite sure I understand these bars as being "tree trunks" (perhaps they should be brown?), but I definitely see what they were going for.

2. The description says it represents the sky. How is this tied in beyond the celing of the atrium? I couldn't pick out the color scheme that well from the photos (since it looked white, not sky-like).

Thank you, CTXRover. My favorite part of the interior. :)

3. Has anyone heard anything about the music for the area? Is it a re-vamp of the old theme (i.e. Sun and Moon)? Is Listen to the Land represented anywhere? Have they incorporated all 3 now (i.e. Circle of Life, Soarin', and LwtL?)

From what I was told, nothing was playing inside for area music... yet. The original area music loop is still playing outside. Of course, you know where to look now for speakers; they, and lights, are visible along the walls that are adjacent to the upper level.

CTXRover

General Grizz said:
If they represented trees, I would rather see patterns of leaves, actual plants, or something that actually puts guests into the Land added. I am not quite sure I understand these bars as being "tree trunks" (perhaps they should be brown?), but I definitely see what they were going for.

It is a modern-art, contemporary style approach. As I said above, some will like it a lot and others won't really care. I fall closer to the latter as for artistic expression. I agree patterns of leaves or plants could work, but I like the simple, clean, bright look they have. I wouldn't paint them brown. That would take away the great color scheme and make it look really bland. Since many trees have areas that are green from top to bottom (think evergreens, lodge-pole pines, etc.), it works.

Testtrack321

General Grizz said:
From what I was told, nothing was playing inside for area music... yet. The original area music loop is still playing outside. Of course, you know where to look now for speakers; they, and lights, are visible along the walls that are adjacent to the upper level.

I've not agreed totally with you on the new Land by any means (I think it's better than the previous one) but I do TOTALLY agree here. I can see Disney getting away with this in M:S where it is dark and the only lights are low and near the guests, but in a bright, airy enviroment having black (black!) speaks and lights in the guest view is just lazy. I mean, you could paint them green and put them on the 'tree' walls and it would be 100% better! The lights could also be hidden better.

erasure fan1

I cant wait to see this for myself in aug. I have always loved the land, and I sure hope its as good as it sounds. This is the one place we always eat at. The new stations sound good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom