Sunshine Seasons Discontinuing Breakfast

Disney4family

Original Poster
A site that remains nameless has posted this - Sunshine Seasons inside The Land pavilion at Epcot will no longer serve breakfast starting Sunday, July 31st, 2016. The quick service restaurant will now operate from 11am until park close. There has been no word yet on if this is a seasonal change or a permanent one.
I fondly remember the days of getting a paper FP for Soarin', stopping here for b'fast and then heading back to Soarin' for our FP time. No matter what we're doing, we've always enjoyed a b'fast or two here during every trip. Sad to see it go. :(

cjlyon

Well I just checked the actual Disney site and according to there website it looks like they stop serving breakfast Saturday. Sundays hours are listed as 11-9. I was hoping this information was wrong since I was hoping to get some cinnamon french toast bread pudding.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Nooo-Meme-10.jpg

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
That does seem a bit strange. It was always packed for breakfast when we were there, even during the slower park times. There is no way the Garden Grill can pick up the slack. Simply not enough chairs, and most people won't spend that kind of money anyway.

JohnD

Rats. Hoping to eat there in November. It's obvious it stayed open for summer crowds. This closure is yet another cost cutting measure.

mf1972

I find it surprising. especially since people head there for soarin when the park opens. gives them a reason to have it open. anything for a buck. maybe it's due to cutbacks? who knows

comicguy12901

Now where am I going to get my strawberry shortcake for breakfast???

Anyway, I am so not happy with this decision.

I would have to guess that it is based on the diversion of the crowds. Crowds use to split fairly evenly between Soarin and TT now people are racing for Frozen and then going on TT before heading over to Soarin (so less people at Soarin early on equals no breakfast)

Disney4family

Original Poster
Now where am I going to get my strawberry shortcake for breakfast???

Anyway, I am so not happy with this decision.

I would have to guess that it is based on the diversion of the crowds. Crowds use to split fairly evenly between Soarin and TT now people are racing for Frozen and then going on TT before heading over to Soarin (so less people at Soarin early on equals no breakfast)
You could be right. With 3 Soarin' theaters, though, you would think that there are a lot of people still pouring in to The Land Pavilion - at least enough for b'fast - especially with strawberry shortcake! :hungry:

Mark P.

Very disappointing. We specifically planned to do Soarin' at rope drop later this week so we could grab a quick breakfast at SS before hustling across FW to Test Track and Mission: SPACE. I guess the Starbucks will have to do...

AMartin767

Very disappointing. We specifically planned to do Soarin' at rope drop later this week so we could grab a quick breakfast at SS before hustling across FW to Test Track and Mission: SPACE. I guess the Starbucks will have to do...

Might I suggest that going to the Starbucks plays into Disney's hands. Might I suggest that you eat off property for Bfast then make a point of stopping at Guest Services on your way into EPCOT and let them know you did it precisely for that reason. That is what my wife and I intend to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom