Sunday after Thanksgiving

Tink28

How busy generally is the Sunday after Thanksgiving at MK?

Was planning to go to MVMCP on 1st (by last years dates/days) but party not on Tuesday this year so maybe changing my plans to 29th November and wondering how crowded it would be?

Thanks

MissingDisney

Touring plans has the overall listed as a 5. I can tell you from past experience that is not an accurate prediction at this point in time. It will most likely change. We have been there thanksgiving thru the next week, crowds noticeably lessened by Tuesday.

Upvote 0

Tink28

Original Poster
Ok thanks for the info, think I will change my original plan for MVMCP to the Thursday after Thanksgiving instead then as the party not on the Tuesday I was hoping for, then will have to swap my Candlelight Processional as well as planned that for the Thursday, thank goodness for dates being released well in advance!

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

I would not change your party date. Especially if it requires other changing. You asked about the park being crowded but the party is a ticketed event. Just because the park is crowded doesn't mean a crowded party. Touring Plans almost always recommends Monday, Tuesday party over a Thursday and always over weekend days for obvious reasons.

Upvote 0

75disney

We always go to EPCOT the Sunday after Thanksgiving and we never have any problems with crowds. We usually do the MK on the Monday after Thanksgiving. In the past it wasn't a bad day to be there, but on our last trip two years ago, it was insanely crowded. I am talking long lines for every ride, even ones that don't get long lines. We were packed into crowds and couldn't move anywhere to get around. It was not enjoyable at all. I was actually glad to escape the park that day to go to go to dinner at the CR (and it was our last day when I am usually sad to leave the park). It was even more crowded than Thanksgiving week. I can't comment on the MVMCP since we don't go to that.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

I think that usually the weekend after Thanksgiving is also when they film Disney's Christmas Day Parade & Special, so beware of the crowds coming in for that.

Upvote 0

Tink28

Original Poster
Well looks like we will be attending MVMCP on 1st December after all.

I saw another list of dates for MVMCP which said the party was on 1st, which was different to the dates listed on here and on the Disney Blog, so I e-mailed Disney and they said yes MVMCP is taking place on the 1st December!

No need to change my plans now, but thanks everyone who replied for your info, always much appreciated

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
How busy generally is the Sunday after Thanksgiving at MK?

Was planning to go to MVMCP on 1st (by last years dates/days) but party not on Tuesday this year so maybe changing my plans to 29th November and wondering how crowded it would be?

Thanks

I went the week of Thanksgiving in 2008. The days leading up to Thanksgiving Day were wonderful. But Wednesday afternoon, the crowds were picking up and by after Thanksgiving Day, it was crowded. Very crowded.

Upvote 0

sissa216

Well looks like we will be attending MVMCP on 1st December after all.

I saw another list of dates for MVMCP which said the party was on 1st, which was different to the dates listed on here and on the Disney Blog, so I e-mailed Disney and they said yes MVMCP is taking place on the 1st December!

No need to change my plans now, but thanks everyone who replied for your info, always much appreciated

That's the party we most often go to.

Except for a bit of rain this past year, it's a great date to go! I don't believe it sold out this past year (they were still advertising that tickets were available that day)- but I know it did in 2013, and it was still very enjoyable.

With an almost 3 year old, and entering the park between 4-5, we were able to see almost everything without a height requirement in the park, catch the parade, Wishes, and a dance party, stop for cookies a few times, buy some party merchandise, and actually leave a bit early when the unexpected rain came (a tired, wet toddler wouldn't have made for much magic the rest of the night!)

Upvote 0

Seanual757

Overall 2014 was a very busy year at WDW far more busier than 2013. We are pass holders and it was a rare event to not see the MK or DHS not busy. The normal off peak times were busy so pretty much count on 2015 to be the same as 14.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom