Trip Report Sun poison wont stop us!! We're going to have fun!!!

What a trip we had! I just literally came home from our wonderful trip today. We are all worn out, but I simply couldn't wait to get on here and post my very first trip report! I followed the advice of many people on here and it was the best advice I ever listened too.

I'm Heather

This is all of us who went on our lovely trip. DH, Nana, and kiddie Cooper. We left from our NC home early early early on Friday morning. It was torture. I simply couldn't wait to get there. I couldn't help but be annoyed because of all the rain we were driving through. It made it seemed so much longer than it really was. It literally rained from The Georgia/NC border until we made it to Valdosta GA. We stopped to pick up Nana and continued on our journey. Finally it stopped raining at some point through our FL drive. My excitement began to become more and more once I seen the Orlando airport signs. Finally we arrived at our off site location. We stayed one night at satisfaction inn. It was OK, but I have concerns of safety. The Fridge and Microwave were plugged into an extension cord. Otherwise the location was very nice and clean. The staff were very friendly. It was definitely a great way to end our first day of our trip.

Day 2: We entered the location of our resort into the GPS and soon we arrived at this beauty of a sign. I was so very excited. Cooper kept on and on saying "Does this mean we are at Disney World now??" I was very happy to let him know we were. I didn't get any photos of the resort as we were trying to hurry and get through things and then later didn't happen and you'll see why later. We checked in a lot early. It was 8:30AM whenever we checked into the resort. They signed me up for this text when ready feature which was CRAP. I received a text that I had to say YES to accept the messages but I never received anything else about that afterwards. I had to repeat the process all over again when we were done with the park for the day.

Our first official day in the parks were spent at Hollywood Studios. I had decided to go ahead and wear my flip flops as I am most comfortable in them even walking long distance I prefer them. The first day was amazing!

It was so exciting to see this for the first time. I have seen photos of it before but I never realized how big it truly was!

The next thing we did was Lights, Camera's, Action.

Hubby did very well during this show

We even met Lightening McQueen!! Cooper thought this was the coolest thing ever!

Waiting in line for Woody and Buzz we decided we could get some awesome photos from the little props along the way. I was so shocked the lines moved so fast!

Cooper thought that by giving me the sad face I'd give in and let him do anything he'd like...my crazy kid. Love him!

Cooper was so happy to meet Toy Story Characters. He was hilarious....I'll tell more later, now I'm off to get the kiddie some dinner.

We decided to hit up The Great Movie ride and it was kinda' neat. It startled my husband a little with the gun shooting as I hadn't prepared him because I didn't know it was there. He did quickly recover from the scene and enjoyed it anyway.

We even seen some baby ducks. They were so cute swimming around. My son wanted to hold one so bad. He kept saying aw look mommy so cute...

To end our day we did Fantasmic. It was different than I expected but it was fantastic! My son was in awe the whole entire time. I had technically difficulties with my camera so I didn't get very many photos, but I did end up with some awesome ones!

We ate dinner this day at 50's Prime Time. It was kinda' strange but the food was amazing. Since I have a peanut allergy the chef came out and talked with me and worked with me on what I could eat and not get sick by. It was great. First day was a success.

Last edited:

Mommy2cooper

Original Poster
Ugh I just realized I totally did things out of order and even forgot to post some photos I meant to post. I'm sorry.... I'm going to go ahead and update the first post and make it in order. I'm sorry to those who've already read it. I'll also just post part 2 in this first post...:)

Mommy2cooper

Original Poster
Day 2 was spent at Animal Kingdom. The morning started out great. It was Easter Morning and the Easter Bunny came.

Our first ride was the Safari. These are photos from the trip in no particular order.

We loved the Kilimanjaro Safari's (I probably spelled that wrong, oh well LOL). Anyway, it was so fast though we were lucky to even get these pictures. Our diver was a bit of a bore compared to what I heard from other vehicles ahead of us...but otherwise we were very pleased with this tour. My son couldn't believe that we were "face to face" with wild animals. It was amazing. I think my favorite part of the whole thing was probably the elephants. The photo I posted above is my favorite of the day!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Fun report so far. Glad to see the gators made it back to their pond. They were missing the first couple weeks of April and the pond was dry when we were there.

Mommy2cooper

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip!! I was just thinking maybe that'd be more helpful last night. I had this big long post all typed and pretty and then bam it's gone. I felt like crying LOL.

Mommy2cooper

Original Poster

We then happened across these guys while we were walking. They were so interesting! We loved them!!

Along the way we stopped to let the kiddie ride this bad boy! He loved it but he refused to go back on it to ride it again!

My mother in law was determined to figure out what type of tree this is. Turns out it's a cotton tree!! Interesting, right?

Mommy2cooper

Original Poster
After the safari we just wandered around until our River Rapid's fast pass. We found some neat places and took some fun photos...enjoy these!

We eventually made our way to visit the Dino's. This I believe was the highlight of the day for my little guy. We even rode some of them multiple times. It wasn't too bad crowded this day, which was great. We were still damp from our soaking on Kali River Rapid's so we thought the roller coasters may help us dry up a bit. By this point I was feeling kinda' bad. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I just felt like I was dragging. I hung out on the side line's while everyone else rode.

While I waited I seen this guy go by. I'm not quiet sure where he was going or why he was going there or what he was about in general, but I quickly snapped a photo....He does seem a bit furocious right?

We kept on walking and found Dinosaur. I didn't really want to ride it, but Cooper and Michael begged me to. MIL decided she'd ride if I rode. I gave in. Hubby went and got his disability card signed and we explored while waiting for him. We found this path off to the side of Dinosaur and found these awesome figures.

Cooper had a blast growling at them like he was a dino too! It was so funny to see!! Unfortunatley I'm having issues with the photo pass and i'm waiting for them to let me know when i can have my photos :( so no dinosaur photos. I'll post those as soon as they give me access to them. After Dinosaur, we found this photo so we stopped to get a quick photo shoot with mr Dino.

Mommy2cooper

Original Poster
Day two had ended with us going to Rainforest Cafe. I had a steak. It was pretty good! I was thankful for the dining plan at this point because I guess because I'm "cheap" I never order steaks but the cheapest item on the menu. I didn't on this trip. I'm glad I didn't either! I didn't get very many photos from the Rainforest Cafe. In fact I accidently deleted some photos on Day 3 and I think those were on there. I cried for an hour because that happened....especially because most of them were one's Cooper had taken and he was so proud of himself.
I woke up on Day 3 and I felt like I'd been hit by a semi truck. My nose was sorta stuffy and my head hurt. I was getting a little sun burn which is a new thing to me because I've never been sun burn EVER. I eventually decided I better use some sun screen. Better safe than sorry!
Day 3 lead us to Magic Kingdom!! I was super excited for MK. My Cooper seen the Mickey outside the park and was over joyed. In fact he would NOT move any further into the park until we took his photo. He was so funny.

AND then it happened....the horrid mean people were there this day. We start to walk up to the castle. We stop and get a quick photo with a photographer who happened to be there. We also snapped this photo. Looks very deserted here but I assure you I couldn't believe so many could fit into this park! Every where we turned it was crowded. I expected it to be this way when we arrived being Easter/Spring Break, but this was literally feeling double the two previous parks occupancy.

We decided to do a little shopping while we were walking around and MIL came upon this in one of the stores and had to take a photo. I thought it was super neat.

We then hit up our FP for Anna and Elsa. Which again still waiting for the photo people to help me access my photos. UGH...Anyway, after we met with them we went to ride the Carasel

NOW here is the FUNNIEST part of our day....We ran into Lady Tremaine and we just happened to catch her with only one person in line...so we jumped in quickly. Here's how this went.

First she signed the autograph book. Cooper kept giving her the OMG look....

Next was picture time. Cooper kept on still with the OMG look....

Some conversation later Lady Tremaine asked Cooper if this was his grandmother taking pictures and he goes no it's my nana. She goes OH I want grandchildren. Will you be my grandchild? Cooper goes uhm...no.

She then says I'll make you mittens. Cooper goes Uhm no and starts walking away and says I hate mittens. Grabs my hand and says Let's go mama. I laughed so hard I cried!

Mommy2cooper

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay, I've been swamped at work!
Con't Magic Kingdom!
I felt pretty decent this day but my feet were still hurting and were beginning to swell. Crazy. I've never had that happen before. We continue to walk around not really with any particular purpose. We were just soaking up the sights. We had a FP for meeting Rapunzel and Cinderella at this point so we headed back over to visit them.

My mother in law had been to Disney years and years prior and was dying to get into it's a small world so we went and rode. This first of all wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't enjoy the ride at all, except that I could sit down. However, I had my first and only bad fellow visitor experience on this ride. When we were walking onto area to get into the lines to board there was a family of 4 in front of us. The woman seemed to be such a sweet woman. But her husband was just nasty. They had two children with them some where around the ages of probably 5-7 and 7-9?

So anyway here we are walking to the CM to show us which line to go into and their youngest is pitching a terrible two kinda' fit. I mean screaming bloody murder. It was the worst experience ever. I say this being a former preschool teacher of children ages 2-5 all whom had mental delays of some sort. I kept looking at the CM with a look like OMG because the father would just start to randomly yell at the boy. He was carrying this child by putting his arms around his chest with the child arms hanging down towards the ground. He kept snapping at his wife and his other son talking down to them, etc. Our boat had just pulled up when I whispered to my husband let's ask if we can take the next one, this kid is already making me crazy and he'll be sitting behind me. Right when we got on the line a lady in a somewhat business attire strolls over and tells them they can't permit the child on the ride acting like this and they need to remove him. So the father says he'll be ok once the ride began and at first it looked like the lady was considering it, but then i turned around to where she could see my face and he looked at me and said no i'm sorry we can't do that (whhewww). She walks away and the dad starts yelling at the kid look what you have done blah blah. The wife kept trying to nuetralize the situation but the dad wouldn't have it. He yells at her to just stay put and he'll take him out. At first she was going to but then she burst into tears and got off with the other son who looked completely disappointed. Was a shame, but what can you do?

By the time we got off the ride I started feeling a little queezy. I kept thinking ooh dehydrated and sloshing down water. We kept on trucking and landed ourselves at the tea cups. Which was my favorite ride ever at MK. Crazy! However, I don't do big headliner rides. They scare me and I freak out with the heart in the stomach feeling. YUCK.

Next we seen Alice and the White Rabbit, but the line was so long and the CM comes by and tells us Alice has to leave in 5 minutes so we wouldn't see her. We decided to move on. My MIL is obsessed with Winnie the Pooh, so we decided she had to ride the ride. We also bought her a surprise stuffed animal a Piglet which is her fav!

We ended up over near Be Our Guest....

We worked our way around from there and ended up at the train station to ride around to Frontierland.

Mommy2cooper

Original Poster
When we got there I didn't realize it was parade time and we got trapped in the crowds. There was this sweet lady though that let my son sit in front of her stroller to see the parade up close. It was so great. However, there was this man who was so rude. He kept hitting her and his teenage son kept hitting Cooper and standing right in front of him. The woman totally went off on the guy. After the parade we decided to get some food. BBQ it was!

By now I'm super annoyed and tired and I'm hurting. I decide while the guys ride their ride I was going to sit down and wait. I was feeling shakey and just down right nasty. I begged my husband to let's go back to the room. I needed rest.

Finally he agreed because he seen I just wasn't able to go any further. While I waited for him I sat down near the train entrance. I look down and I see rashes beginning to form on my ankles. I thought hmm must be the heat. So I take off my flip flops and look closer and I have it all over my legs...then my MIL notices that it's even on my arms and chest....I tell her I don't think I can make it much further. I'm really feeling nasty (yeah again we go there lol)...so she tells michael we really must get back to the room. It was sad because the kiddo missed out but my husband decided he could use some pool time, which made him happy. We laid down when we went back and I slept for 3 hours. When I woke up I went to the pool where the guys were and it was time to get ready for Chef Mickey's.
OMG I LOVED Chef Mickey's it was the best meal we had. Not because of the food, but the scene. It wasn't crazy horrible like trex (which btw you guys were right, hubby did NOT do remotely well in here). I really didn't think that Coop would get that into it. You know swinging the napkins and such, but he sureeee did!

Next we decided to skip the park for fire works. However, the waiter was telling us to go to the deck to view so we did. It was ok Coop enjoyed it a lot. We were able to chat with some of the guests and we had a pretty good time there. No great photos to post, they turned out horrible.

Next is Epcot!! Which is our final destination....Enjoy!

Mommy2cooper

Original Poster
I'm going to share some random photo's from Magic Kingdom, HS, and AK from my memory maker. I just recently was able to download my photos, so as promised here's sharing them!

You can see how nasty that sun burn looks! Crazy thing, this is my first experience with sun burn!!

BASHFUL LOL

mrdrift

That sunburn looks a little painful. Great report with some really fantastic pictures. You have a lovely family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom