Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003

DisJosh

Original Poster
Not that anyone cares but I can't wait!! Tickets go on sale this Saturday.

Metallica of course is headlining...unfortunately they're touring with a few sub par bands i.e. Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Deftones, Mudvayne...blah blah blah lol

That doesn't really matter though...a show is a show and as long as there is loud music and Metallica I'm happy. :D

DisJosh

Original Poster
I should mention the last SS Tour I went to had some better bands on the bill...System of a Down, Powerman 5000...and that show turned into a riot. LOTS OF FUN :D I have very high expectations for this years event.

DisJosh

Original Poster
Heard about that too but I don't see ticks for sale yet.

Mmmmm Janes Addiction...Perry Farrell hasn't ODed yet? Wow good for him lol I look forward to seeing JA...I've never had the pleasure before.

But you should know by now Dan that Metallica does weird things to me lol. So I'm more excited over this. :D

WDW-Imagineer

Only reason I would go to that is for Mudvayne. I'm looking forward to OzzFest 2003.... Ozzy headlining once again, Korn (ehh), Disturbed (one of the best Live bands I've ever seen), Marilyn Manson (awesome, awesome, awesome live show). Supposedly Static-X, Godsmack, and/or Anthrax are to be announced. I would LOVE to see Anthrax at OzzFest... especially on the second stage.

DisJosh

Original Poster
Awwww poor Fievel. :(

WDW Imagineer, I'm not a big fan of Mudvayne but like I said a shows a show....as long as thhere is that energy you can't help but have fun. I plan on getting to Ozz Fest also. HAve you ever seen Static X live? By far on of the best I have ever see...they're up there with Metallica and Tool. Ohhhhh and Anthrax....hehe this summer is going to be great for big shows and festivals!!!

And DD I know what you mean...IMO Lars is a giant prick. But I don't care, if you've ever seen Metallica live you would know what I mean. :D

NowInc

I can tell you this..mudvayne S UCKS LIVE!! I kinda felt bad for them.

As for ozzfest...Cradle of filth is headlining 2nd stage...excelllllent ;) I also know some of the other bands being added..should be a strong show...

..but im still way more interested in the new lollapalooza ;)

Ash

Originally posted by NowInc

As for ozzfest...Cradle of filth is headlining 2nd stage...excelllllent ;)

CoF... those guys are scary haha. I used to know someone who loved them. The only thing I could listening to was this instrumental song of theirs.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by DisJosh
WDW Imagineer, I'm not a big fan of Mudvayne but like I said a shows a show....as long as thhere is that energy you can't help but have fun. I plan on getting to Ozz Fest also. HAve you ever seen Static X live? By far on of the best I have ever see...they're up there with Metallica and Tool. Ohhhhh and Anthrax....hehe this summer is going to be great for big shows and festivals!!!

No I haven't seen Static X live yet... thats why I'm really hoping they get confirmed to play. I really hope Anthrax plays as well, that would make the entire show.

Originally posted by NowInc
I can tell you this..mudvayne S UCKS LIVE!! I kinda felt bad for them.

Mudvayne was the first live show I ever saw, back in OzzFest 2001... so I'm a bit partial to them :D The highlight of their show is their bassist, defintely one of the best bass players out there.

WDWFREAK53

I've seen Metallica a few times and I must say...AWESOME SHOW!

Josh...did you happen to catch the Load tour? That show brought the term "Bringing down the house" to a whole new level... Explosions, crashing columns, stagehands catching on fire, lighting technicians falling from the rafters....AWESOME (Oh, the music rocked too!)

(Why don't they play Orion live? I LOVE THAT!)

GIMME FUEL GIMME FIRE GIMME THAT WHICH I DESIRE!!!!

DisJosh

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I've seen Metallica a few times and I must say...AWESOME SHOW!

Josh...did you happen to catch the Load tour? That show brought the term "Bringing down the house" to a whole new level... Explosions, crashing columns, stagehands catching on fire, lighting technicians falling from the rafters....AWESOME (Oh, the music rocked too!)

(Why don't they play Orion live? I LOVE THAT!)

GIMME FUEL GIMME FIRE GIMME THAT WHICH I DESIRE!!!!

Nope my first concert ever was Metallica on their ReLoad tour. I'll remember it forever...they openned up with Master of Puppets. The chanting, the fists in the air...a beautiful thing. I've yet to see as much pyro anywhere except for WDW when they played Fuel. :D

I have a video from the Load tour though...it's called Cunning Stunts. (which I think has all the stuff you mentioned) GREAT STUFF :D They actually play an early version of Fuel on that video.

The thing I love about Metallica is that no matter how much they change the music and how much some of the fans they always give the fans what they want at a show. I'm pretty sure Fuel and the Memory remains were the only post black album tunes they played at my first show. How perfect is that?

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
Only reason I would go to that is for Mudvayne. I'm looking forward to OzzFest 2003.... Ozzy headlining once again, Korn (ehh), Disturbed (one of the best Live bands I've ever seen), Marilyn Manson (awesome, awesome, awesome live show). Supposedly Static-X, Godsmack, and/or Anthrax are to be announced. I would LOVE to see Anthrax at OzzFest... especially on the second stage.

I saw Disturbed before they broke through in Detroit. I have to agree, amazing live band. Also though, Josh, you said MuDvAyNe is subpar, I will intently disagree with you on that one.:p

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
No I haven't seen Static X live yet... thats why I'm really hoping they get confirmed to play. I really hope Anthrax plays as well, that would make the entire show.

Mudvayne was the first live show I ever saw, back in OzzFest 2001... so I'm a bit partial to them :D The highlight of their show is their bassist, defintely one of the best bass players out there.

Rhyno...? Yeah hes pretty cool, I got to meet him. One of my inspirations everytime I feel like jammin on my 4-stringed axe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom