Summer of Heroes entertainment and offerings @ DCA

TP2000

Original Poster
The Summer of Heroes kicks off this weekend with the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT!

Summer of Heroes is basically a series of entertainment stage shows, meet n' greets, interactive games and some special snack bars/beverages. It all takes place in the Hollywood Backlot section of Hollywood Land, the rather un-charming and pointless corner of Hollywood Land that has been the dumping ground for special events and random stuff for the last five years.

The Avengers Training Initiative is Jedi Training Academy for DCA. Your adorable child gets chosen to go up on stage so everyone can see how adorable they are as they help Black Widow and some other good guys fight the bad guys. It's fun to watch the helpers try and herd kindergartners around the stage.

The highlight of this show appears to be a long distance picture phone call from Hong Kong and the Stark Expo. Um, okay. Sadly, this offering is not sponsored by AT&T.

TP2000

Original Poster
Down the street from Avengers Training Initiative, Star Lord and Gamora host a Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Dance Off! throughout the day.

In this one your adorable child gets chosen to go up and show everyone how adorable they are when they dance. And by "dance" that really just means jumping around, or just standing there staring, while dance music plays and Star Lord and Gamora and some more helpers try and convince your adorable child to do something but just stand there staring.

The Awesome Dance Off ends with the appearance of Groot, who then takes over this area for meet n' greets until the next Dance Off show. He's a very neat looking character! I haven't seen this movie but for some reason I really want my photo with this guy.

And he talks to your adorable child!

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
And then every hour or so Black Widow comes strutting down the catwalk, I mean the parade route, with a black SUV behind her.

Strutting, posing, some more strutting, staring down a couple of tourist Dads, then some talking about stuff. And more strutting.

I think this is how Black Widow gets over to help host the Avengers Training Initiative shows. Tourist Dads follow her for some reason.

Last edited:

Phroobar

And then every hour or so Black Widow comes strutting down the catwalk, I mean the parade route, with a black SUV behind her.

Strutting, posing, some more strutting, staring down a couple of tourist Dads, then some talking about stuff. And more strutting.

I think this is how Black Widow gets over to help host the Avengers Training Initiative shows. Tourist Dads follow her for some reason.

Finally a meet and greet for dads.

Phroobar

The Avengers Training Initiative is Jedi Training Academy for DCA. Your adorable child gets chosen to go up on stage so everyone can see how adorable they are as they help Black Widow and some other good guys fight the bad guys. It's fun to watch the helpers try and herd kindergartners around the stage.

I wonder why they use the Avengers logo instead of S.H.I.E.L.D's logo. They all work for SHIELD and they fight against Hydra in the show.

GiveMeTheMusic

This is just for meet-n-greet sets. *whispers* a different (and union) performer does the ATI show *stops whispering*

SSG

She's ready for the Dads.

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom