Sum of All Thrills Returning?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It was pretty bad...Didn't get many pictures of the inside, but the top picture is the maximum light level in the first scene. The dinos are basically shadows and the fighting centipedes are almost invisible at this level.

the bottom image is how weird it was on the back car with no front car. Over four rides, this was the only time a middle section vehicle was in operation during the last week of July. Obviously cant show the speaker problems...

On a side not, during my recent trip, the same car problem plagued GMR...In three rides, every trip was "gangster" only...there was never a train in the front for the "western", which made it all feel insanely wrong when you are all alone in the back of Oz and the witch is yelling and pointing at empty space and there is 70% of the space in the final theater just open to the left of you.
View attachment 221639 View attachment 221640
GMR would run only with the rear pack if ops deem attendance low. But given its peak thats surprising.

Energy just sounds bad. At least they've moved the 12th car into maintainence. The week before that it was stranded in theatre two.

Bender123

GMR would run only with the rear pack if ops deem attendance low. But given its peak thats surprising.

Energy just sounds bad. At least they've moved the 12th car into maintainence. The week before that it was stranded in theatre two.

Missing cars just feel like being at opposite ends of a comically large table for a meal...you can see them, but dont really feel like a part of the experience with them. I know you don't interact with other guests, but there is something to having them with you. When there is a massive gap, it just feels like the entire flow is wrong and mentally broken.

I would have thought there was a "B" mode for GMR when the front cars are not circulating...I recall this happening, but it didn't happen this time, making it ll the more strange.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Remember we are in the "cost control" period.

They have been running GMR at full capacity this past couple of weeks later in the day, but early morning it has been running back only. Unlucky for anyone who wants to see the Bank robbery scene or be relatively close to the witch.

Bender123

Five pack operation on Energy isn't too uncommon.

Not really, but odd considering it was announced to be closing and was during peak times. I really do not think it was deliberate due to fully missing middle rows during the majority of week. Five pack didn't even show up until the last day.

Just rewatching @marni1971 ultimate tribute which reminded me of another weird failure that almost went unnoticed by me...

The soundproof doors between theater 1 and the diorama was missing/not working at all. You could see the purple Haze under the curtain the whole time and hear the dino "sneeze" through out the final movie. You could also hear the final Jeopardy theme start from the back right car as the other cars reentered the first theater.

Just really weird and I couldn't remember if that had always done that or if it was something wrong.

peter11435

Not really, but odd considering it was announced to be closing and was during peak times. I really do not think it was deliberate due to fully missing middle rows during the majority of week. Five pack didn't even show up until the last day.

Just rewatching @marni1971 ultimate tribute which reminded me of another weird failure that almost went unnoticed by me...

The soundproof doors between theater 1 and the diorama was missing/not working at all. You could see the purple Haze under the curtain the whole time and hear the dino "sneeze" through out the final movie. You could also hear the final Jeopardy theme start from the back right car as the other cars reentered the first theater.

Just really weird and I couldn't remember if that had always done that or if it was something wrong.
Those doors unfortunately have not worked in years

The Empress Lilly

img_20170727_113240-jpg.221639

View attachment 221639
Wow...those dinosaurs look amazing like that!

EPCOT 1.0 - even when it's broken it's still magnificent. ^_^

celluloid

I sat front row on Energy and it was so obvious sound walls were gone when the curtains had holes in them you could see through. So sad. There really was a lot of detail in the diorama.

Jeff456

Sad to see Energy in such a poor state, I guess it doesn't make sense to maintain it now though, can't believe it closes 6 days before I get there :(

WDWTank

They have been running GMR at full capacity this past couple of weeks later in the day, but early morning it has been running back only. Unlucky for anyone who wants to see the Bank robbery scene or be relatively close to the witch.
Why are we in a "cost control" period?

peter11435

I could have sworn that when running only the back vehicle it moved to the front spot in the wizard of oz scene. Is this no longer the case?

Bender123

I could have sworn that when running only the back vehicle it moved to the front spot in the wizard of oz scene. Is this no longer the case?

I remember them doing that as well, but its possible there was something wrong with the system or something else was broken. GMR looks a lot better than UoE, though, you can tell, they have started to let some things go.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I remember them doing that as well, but its possible there was something wrong with the system or something else was broken. GMR looks a lot better than UoE, though, you can tell, they have started to let some things go.
I'm pretty sure the current RCS only let the cars run as if 2 trains are always running but I'll have to double check when I'm home.

GMR is limping; there's been an embargo on ordering new parts for most of this year now. But it's still doing better than the poor UoE.

Travesty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom