Suggestions for resort dining

s&k'smom

Our family favorites are Trail's End, Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona and Cape May Cafe. We are doing the dining plan too and made sure to hit a few resort restaurants when planning.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Our family favorites are Trail's End, Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona and Cape May Cafe. We are doing the dining plan too and made sure to hit a few resort restaurants when planning.
This is my first time doing the dining plan (as an adult). I'm both excited for and wary of just how much eating I'm going to do. Thank goodness you walk a lot at WDW!

Minnie1986

Original Poster
well most kids menus at any resort will have a few of his standard kids favorites if not all of them .
We personally really enjoy Ohana and its always a must do each year. I don't know if they say this in the menu online but they bring out mac and cheese if you have kids at your table in case they don't want any or much of the standard ohana offerings. At least they always have for us, although we have 8 kids so they may just figure that one of them in the group will be picky....they are not ,however .but the mac and cheese is still good and they eat it along with the shrimp etc. I also have heard that if you have a picky kid and let them know when you get there they will give them other food like chicken nuggets. Not sure if they give the kids a choice or just have one standard picky kid plate they make. They also bring out brownie cupcake things for the kids for dessert in case they are not fans of the bread pudding.

We like Boma for a resort choice that is a buffet with some not so common standard buffet items. But since you will be at Epcot, getting there won't be super convenient or anything. Seems like a MK area resort would be a better choice. Boma is great on an AK park day.

I finally get to try Whispering Canyon this September. I have wanted to go there for years but it always ends up getting cut out of our yearly list for one reason or another but this year I was insistent it was going to happen. I always hear good things about them and the foods they serve (the skillet) are some of my favorite type items.
I'm also going to be checking out Whispering Canyon this year. Very excited!

larandtra

Oh My so many choices, but please do not do Trails End. Oh wow, Ryans has a better buffet at half the price. That may be the worst buffet on property. Most of the buffets, even with Picky kids are going to have something. Boma is an easy choice, Ohana is good family style. Even the upscale or signature restaurants generally have a good atmosphere and menu for kids.

nickys

Premium Member
Is Cape May Cafe mostly seafood?

It is a seafood buffet, yes. However several years ago we did it anyway and none of us eat seafood. It was still good, the desserts were to die for :) There was a carving station and other options. And did I mention the key lime pie, cheesecake ...... ?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
It is a seafood buffet, yes. However several years ago we did it anyway and none of us eat seafood. It was still good, the desserts were to die for :) There was a carving station and other options. And did I mention the key lime pie, cheesecake ...... ?
Thanks for this info! My godson is not a fan of seafood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom