Stupid question...

magicwand

Original Poster
When booking a cruise, is this like booking at a resort - Do you give a deposit and then pay off by a certain date?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
When booking a cruise, is this like booking at a resort - Do you give a deposit and then pay off by a certain date?
Yes.

Also, the down payment is larger for a cruise than for WDW. It's a flat $200 for a WDW trip, or something like that. For a cruise, it's a percentage (1/4, I think, but don't quote me on that) of your total cruise package cost.

Your deposit is fully refundable as long as you cancel or re-book (where you can apply it towards different cruise dates) before your final pay date.

If you re-book or cancel AFTER your final pay date, and you don't have the trip insurance, there is a formula they use to calculate how much of your deposit you will be refunded (unlike WDW, where you lose the entire deposit).

magicwand

Original Poster
Thank you so much. I was hoping this was the case. I had asked one of the "planning sites," about this and all I got was a lot of commercial nonsense to get a planning video and other information of that sort. They could not answer my simple question.

DisneyJoe

DCL deposit is 20% of the total cruise cost.

As of March 3, 2015, when the balance is due and what the cancellation policy is varies by the length of the cruise and what type of room you have (concierge vs non-concierge usually). It used to be a standard 75 days.

Cancellation policies tend to be steeper than WDW, for example, once you are in the final payment window, most likely you'd completely lose at least the 20% deposit unless you are cancelling for a reason covered by insurance and you have the insurance.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The only cruises that offer the standard 75 days are the cruises that are 1-5 nights that are non-holidays cruises. All others have a 90 standard now.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom