Stuff Nobody Says

StarWarsGirl

The third Godfather film was the best one!

And the 1st two are better than Titanic and Star Wars
grumpy_no.png

I hated the Godfather. I watched it as a bet with my uncle to get him to watch Finding Nemo. I only made it through half an hour before shutting it off.

acishere

grumpy_no.png

I hated the Godfather. I watched it as a bet with my uncle to get him to watch Finding Nemo. I only made it through half an hour before shutting it off.
Well the important this is we recognize the proper best film ever made: Batman & Robin

The critic consensus usually puts The Godfather at the top. I recognize the quality of the writing, direction, and acting, but it probably wouldn't break my top 10 favorite films. Then again my top 10 will still drive you and @JenniferS mad. The only Star Wars (Empire Strikes Back) comes in somewhere in the 8-10 range. And Titanic is nowhere near the list.

StarWarsGirl

Well the important this is we recognize the proper best film ever made: Batman & Robin

The critic consensus usually puts The Godfather at the top. I recognize the quality of the writing, direction, and acting, but it probably wouldn't break my top 10 favorite films. Then again my top 10 will still drive you and @JenniferS mad. The only Star Wars (Empire Strikes Back) comes in somewhere in the 8-10 range. And Titanic is nowhere near the list.
The best film ever made was most definitely Sharknado

At least you recognize Empire Strikes Back is the best SW film. My top 10:
1. Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Lion King
4. Finding Nemo
5. Star Wars
6. Raiders of the Lost Ark
7. When Harry Met Sally
8. Les Miserables
9. Mary Poppins
10. Sound of Music

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

I think you will find that The Godfather is generally favoured more by men.

Many women I know (me especially) can't abide the violence and foul language. Same reason I couldn't watch The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter ....

StarWarsGirl

Many women I know (me especially) can't abide the violence and foul language. Same reason I couldn't watch The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter ....

acishere

But the end of Dexter was amazing!

Out of the range of different women I know, I have tried to not assume. I know some who only watch romantic comedies and hate anything above a PG-13. I know others that love horror movies. You never know. My mom loves political thrillers. I have a close friend who seems to mainly watch reality TV. And for some reason I cannot pin down what genres my girlfriend likes. She loves True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, and American Horror Story, but walked out of the room during the Red Wedding on Game of Thrones and hated True Detective. Hates Boardwalk Empire, but wants to do a rewatch of The Sopranos at some point. So I'm not what would happen if I showed her The Godfather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom