Studios Place to Eat

Yenfid

Original Poster
Looking for a place to eat at Disney Studios. I have been to Brown Derby and Sifi Dine In, back in the 90's. Just not sure where to book a table service restaurant. I was thinking 50's Prime Time or maybe Sifi but I am not sure. I know I do not want to eat at Brown Derby. I mustly eat at Quick Service in this park so I am at a lost on the Table Service choices.

Yenfid

Original Poster
I like the theming of Sifi but thought the food was just okay, 20 years ago. Never been to 50s but to me the menu is not speaking to me, but the person I am traveling with thinks it sounds great and Mama sounds good to me but the person I am traveling with not so much. I like the Brown Derby but I think it is a tad pricey. Also, is it worth doing a Fantasmic meal? I did one back in 2000 and again was not impressed because of where our seats were. We were off to the right side of the venue.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I like the theming of Sifi but thought the food was just okay, 20 years ago. Never been to 50s but to me the menu is not speaking to me, but the person I am traveling with thinks it sounds great and Mama sounds good to me but the person I am traveling with not so much. I like the Brown Derby but I think it is a tad pricey. Also, is it worth doing a Fantasmic meal? I did one back in 2000 and again was not impressed because of where our seats were. We were off to the right side of the venue.

Fantasmic Package seats are now dead center in that center section. Also you get an appitizer, entree, desert, and non alcoholic drink included per person so the package is a great deal. So yes the package is worth it in my opinion. HBD is pricey but really good. Mama Melrose we love the pasta and I'm part Italian so very picky about finding good Italian food. On that note we love Via Napoli for pizza. 50's we also absolutely love (I always get the sampler , most apps are delicious as most deserts are too) and have never had a bad meal there yet. Sci Fi the food is also really good as I love the Shrimp pasta(you choose shrimp or chicken) dish, fried pickle app, and most of the deserts. lol. You really can't go
Wrong with any of them. Again I know they are being not the easiest to deal
With but all sit down together and look at the menus again and go from there.
We eat at 50's and Mama'a every single trip and the other 2 every few trips. We went to 50's, Mama'a and Sci Fi on our last trip Oct 15 and the year prior we were last at HBD. :)

Eddie Garrison

The 50's Prime Time Cafe is one of our favourite restaurants on property let alone at The Studios. Our favourite is the sampler platter. We usually get that when we eat an entire meal there.

Sci Fi is a great themed restaurant and the ribs are actually very good there. The booths can be a little tight but all in all we enjoy this spot as well. Our number two go-to when we eat at The Studios

Mama Melrose is also good. Nothing special, though we have always enjoyed our meals there.

Very interested to see how the new Rizzo's pizza place will be.

My Top Spots in Order:

1. 50's Prime Time Cafe
2. Sci Fi Drive In
3. Brown Derby
4. Mama Melrose

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
I have dreams about the pot roast at 50s Prime Time...plus the themeing is right up my alley.

We've eaten at SciFi, and enjoyed the themeing as well, though the food was meh.

We're giving the Hollywood Brown Derby a go in May, but I would still hazard to say 50s is my favorite at DHS.

LeighM

I enjoyed 50s Prime Time and I thought the food was good. A good friend of mine went to Sci Fi and while her and her family loved the theme the food was their least favorite of the trip. We tried Hollywood and Vine during our most recent trip a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. H&V is a character buffet and thus a lot of children but it was the Seasonal Dine (Halloween) and we liked listening to the music, seeing the Fab 5 in costume, and the food wasn't all bad either :)

Yenfid

Original Poster
The Sampler Plate, is it huge? Something that 2 people can share or not really? Sounds good though

Eddie Garrison

The Sampler Plate, is it huge? Something that 2 people can share or not really? Sounds good though

We actually always share the sampler platter. It comes with two pieces of fried chicken, piece of meatloaf, post roast, mashed potatoes & green beans.

If you are wanting to share it, it's perfect for two people to me.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

I eat it all myself and don't feel over stuffed as some meals can at WDW lol...but you could share if you like but it is made for only one person. The portions of each item and sides is not very large. But if you are a light eater you may find it's too much. :)

DisAl

When we went this last June one of the best buffet type meals we had was Hollywood & Vine. Both variety and quality seemed to be above average to us.

LeighM

When we went this last June one of the best buffet type meals we had was Hollywood & Vine. Both variety and quality seemed to be above average to us.

Glad to see someone else mention Hollywood & Vine. I made a last minute reservation there just to find out more about it. It's not really mentioned all that much. I enjoyed the lobster mac and cheese they had on their buffet :)

Owl X

I recommend 50s Prime Time as it has a good variety of items.
The Sampler is good as it includes Fried Chicken, Pot Roast and Meatloaf.
The Stuffed Pork Chop is also very good.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We love 50's PrimeTime. And if you can't get an ADR, just go there when it first opens and ask if Mom has any room at the table. Should get you in.

dreamfinder

Glad to see someone else mention Hollywood & Vine. I made a last minute reservation there just to find out more about it. It's not really mentioned all that much. I enjoyed the lobster mac and cheese they had on their buffet :)

It's not mentioned much as for quite a while it was commonly referred to a Hollywood and Vile. It was pretty bad in there. We chanced it one night, and I think there were 4-5 tables occupied in the entire restaurant. More recent reviews/feedback seem to indicate a possible turn around, but it was really not worth it at all for quite a time unless you went for breakfast just to see the Disney Jr. crew.

officialtom

We're eating at sci-fi in early March mostly because my uncle went there 15 years ago with his kids and wants to go back. I'm looking forward to trying it.

My usual favourite is mama melrose's. The pasta is just incredible and we love the atmosphere. Getting a FP+ dinner package for Fantasmic is great too!

Looking forward to trying PizzeRizzo for quick service in March too!

LeighM

It's not mentioned much as for quite a while it was commonly referred to a Hollywood and Vile. It was pretty bad in there. We chanced it one night, and I think there were 4-5 tables occupied in the entire restaurant. More recent reviews/feedback seem to indicate a possible turn around, but it was really not worth it at all for quite a time unless you went for breakfast just to see the Disney Jr. crew.

Ohhhhh yeah. I forgot about that. I'm glad that things improved since then. I wonder if their seasonal dines have anything to do with it. I don't like Hollywood Studios so I try not to eat there esp with EPCOT so close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom