Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

Mad Stitch

I just watched the video of the Backlot Tour. When did they go to a recorded spiel? It's horrible. That shows how long it has been since I rode it.

flyerjab

I saw that the water was quickly drained from the area where the sub attack scene was. Are there any other visible activities if demolition or are they simply still in the act if removing things - i.e. Trams?

Tinkrbell

I saw that the water was quickly drained from the area where the sub attack scene was. Are there any other visible activities if demolition or are they simply still in the act if removing things - i.e. Trams?
Driving past it backstage this morning, there's no other obvious demo taking place that I could see. They're continuing to remove the trams from they're parking area. Up until last week, it wasn't blocked off and we could drive pargos thru the boneyards. That's been barricaded off now. It didn't look like anything had been removed from the boneyards yet

Cesar R M

Fires. Floods. Generally just a disaster.
DIXt42l.gif

Fleis76

It has been officially confirmed internally that the Studio Backlot Tour will be closing forever on September 27, 2014 to make way for something new in the near future. What will this involve? That's something we will need to figure out, but it will take time...
I'm sorry to see it go, considering it was an original attraction and one of the few still left that actually applied the Hollywood theme. That said, it is the type of ride that quickly becomes dated so I guess it was only a matter of time. Love your avatar btw.

FutureWorld1982

Original Poster
I'm sorry to see it go, considering it was an original attraction and one of the few still left that actually applied the Hollywood theme. That said, it is the type of ride that quickly becomes dated so I guess it was only a matter of time. Love your avatar btw.

Thanks!

RSoxNo1

As an update to this, Studio Catering Co. is back on the schedule through November 29th which is consistent with other restaurants in the park. The Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Playset Adventure is only on the schedule through November 15th.

roj2323

Sorry if this is old news, but thought I'd share just in case.
I saw this tonight as well. In addition to this, All of the Red Directional signage in the back of the park has been scrubbed of all mentions of BLT. In the case of the one over Studio Catering Company they just put a sticker over it with an arrow to Wandering oakens.

Jwhee

As an update to this, Studio Catering Co. is back on the schedule through November 29th which is consistent with other restaurants in the park. The Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Playset Adventure is only on the schedule through November 15th.
What schedule are you talking about?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom