Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

Tom Morrow

Weirdly, MyDisneyExperience is listing it as open and with a 10 minute wait. They may have removed the signage but I bet its causing some confusion for the average guest.
View attachment 67277
What about the Android version? I've heard that the Android version can reflect changes like this right away, but the Apple version needs to wait for an app update for some App Store reason I don't understand.

ABQ

What about the Android version? I've heard that the Android version can reflect changes like this right away, but the Apple version needs to wait for an app update for some App Store reason I don't understand.
Currently on the Android app, no mention of the backlot tour anywhere. Just the little trams on the map.

Attachments

• DHSAndroid.jpeg
    DHSAndroid.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 57

elchippo

Has anyone brought up the possibility that they are waiting to see if Big Hero 6 makes enough of an impression to merit some theme park space, and if so, it will go here? And if it doesn't plan B will be more Pixar Place/Toy Story Kiddieland?

Jake Wilson

Has anyone brought up the possibility that they are waiting to see if Big Hero 6 makes enough of an impression to merit some theme park space, and if so, it will go here? And if it doesn't plan B will be more Pixar Place/Toy Story Kiddieland?
I would personally think it wont happen, it is too far down the pipes for it to be thought of in park yet. Maybe with the Frozen deal it could be in the works, yet I highly doubt it. Look for well known titles to be added to this attraction area.

Captain Neo

USF is actually very active. I'll go to bat for it any day as a working studio. Commercials are filmed there all the time, the local lottery films from their daily, there is a film school in one of the stages and then there's the occasional major filmings/shoots in the stages (The Tonight Show this summer just for one example). Plus TNA still comes in every once in awhile and films there. USF is very much a working studio. Maybe not as active as it was originally intended to be, but it still gets a lot of business because they have the best facilities in Florida.

Unfortunately for Uni, places like Louisiana and Georgia are booming in the east coast film industry bc of their tax incentives. Not to mention the beautiful on-location scenery. Universal can't provide that as they are in the middle of Orlando. Nothing beautiful about Orlando.

Wow that's really interesting. I always thought it was in the same boat as DHS where it was sort of a studio for its first few years but by the mid 90s was just turned into a theme park.

Macca250

The apple version has updated now. But as of 3pm this afternoon (GMT) it claimed there was a 10 minute wait. Maybe you're right and it takes a bit longer. No app update required though..

RSoxNo1

New guide maps for Hollywood Studios go out today and Backlot Tour is still listed (Times Guides, however, clarify that it's "permanently closed"). Anyone know what that's about? The day after AIE closed, the maps removed any mention of it.
What's on the front?

Adam Santos

like we've been saying those BLT Trams won't be coming back into service anytime soon as most of them have already been loaded onto Flat Bed Trucks and taken off Property near the Orlando International Airport to be Auctioned off and the rest will be sent into it's final Resting place The Junk yard where it will be taken apart used for Spare Parts for Trucks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom