strong tropical storm

smk

Original Poster
Looks like "claudette" may be a really strong storm heading straight into the Tampa area. I'm thinking those at WDW right about now are going to be soaked really soon. I just read that it could put down up to 10 inches of rain and winds up to 50 mph. Yikes. Sorry for everyone if your plans have been rained out.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Doesn't look good the next few weeks:

atl_overview.gif

mousebymarriage

Keeping my fingers crossed that Disney doesn't get hit too hard this week, friends are staying in Contemporary this week ( they fly home Friday).

1disneydood

I hate hurricane season. The main reason I want to move away from the place I love. :( Even when we don't get slammed, we have to evacuate which costs too much and looses even more by missing work. Then preperty taxes go up every year even though the property value goes down living in a flood zone, even though my home has NEVER flooded in 38 years.:brick:

Renee48

My son and I are suppose to arrive Aug. 24th. I'm very concerned about Bill becoming a hurricane and hitting Florida. I just spoke to a couple of people at WDW about canceling. I only have until tomorrow without losing my deposit. The options after that don't sound the best. I may get my money back and I may not, it's decided on a case by case situation. I can't rebook the trip either. My son will be in college and this is the last time we can go until winter break. What would you do? I don't want to lose one night's deposit since I'm club level with fireworks view at the Poly.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My son and I are suppose to arrive Aug. 24th. I'm very concerned about Bill becoming a hurricane and hitting Florida. I just spoke to a couple of people at WDW about canceling. I only have until tomorrow without losing my deposit. The options after that don't sound the best. I may get my money back and I may not, it's decided on a case by case situation. I can't rebook the trip either. My son will be in college and this is the last time we can go until winter break. What would you do? I don't want to lose one night's deposit since I'm club level with fireworks view at the Poly.
Go! Be happy!

So maybe you'll get wet. :shrug: It'd have to be one heckuva storm to do more than have a day or two of high winds and rain as far in-land as WDW. My only concern is that my flight might not fly to MCO.

I was told at a very young age by my mother [who was a very wise woman]: "You were born wet, you will no doubt get wet again." :D After that, a bit of rain have never bothered me. [Just avoid white tops/bottoms without underwear... :lookaroun]

EDIT: I'll be there two days ahead of you. :wave:

jonnyc

I stayed at WDW during Hurricane Charlie. All it really affectted was a shorter day at the parks when it hit, and the pool at the hotel at the pool being out of use for a couple of days.

The only issue is really getting there, how long are you staying for? I personally wouldn't cancel.

stitchlilomom

I am worried also, we are staying at Disney for seven nights starting on the 25th..... what happens if a major hurricane hits?? My sister went a few years ago and they had to fly out early to avoid being caught in it, they lost two days of disney..... It has my husband really stressed out... if you paid for insurance won't you get your money back if you cancel? :shrug:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I am worried also, we are staying at Disney for seven nights starting on the 25th..... what happens if a major hurricane hits?? My sister went a few years ago and they had to fly out early to avoid being caught in it, they lost two days of disney..... It has my husband really stressed out... if you paid for insurance won't you get your money back if you cancel? :shrug:
It depends on the insurance contract. Some cover deposits if you cancel in advance and some don't.

smk

Original Poster
Right after I posted I checked again and saw the prediction for the panhandle. By looking at CNN.com it looked like it was heading right across the whole state. Glad that WDW is not being hit but, man for the rest of the state it looks horrible!

hrcollectibles

I say Still go... It will be rainy and windy if it comes close to Orlando... Wet weather at Disney is great because it thins out the crowds

stitchlilomom

It depends on the insurance contract. Some cover deposits if you cancel in advance and some don't.

I got the insurance through Disney when i booked it i didn't know there was different plans....what are you supposed to do if it does hit and they close down the roads lose thousands of dollars??:eek:

hrcollectibles

Right after I posted I checked again and saw the prediction for the panhandle. By looking at CNN.com it looked like it was heading right across the whole state. Glad that WDW is not being hit but, man for the rest of the state it looks horrible!

That cone of uncertainty can be deceiving just like when they have a line right down the middle.. Everyone freaks out .. "Its coming right for us"

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I got the insurance through Disney when i booked it i didn't know there was different plans....what are you supposed to do if it does hit and they close down the roads lose thousands of dollars??:eek:
I've never had Disney insurance. If you cancel before you're scheduled to travel some won't cover your deposit. Once you're travelling, you should be covered.

If you can't travel because the authorities have closed the roads, you'll be covered for cancellation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom