Strollers, is theft a concern?

PMC0849

We are debating whether to bring our own stroller or renting one. I have only heard of one instance of stroller theft and it has my wife concerned. That being said I would prefer not to rent one of the hard plastic ones from Disney.

MickeyMomV

We never had any issues when my DS was young enough to fit in a stroller. As long as your not using a $1000 stroller you should be fine.

Before our first trip we just picked up a Maclaren Umbrella stroller (you used to be able to get them on sale for about $100 at Babies-R-Us 11-12 years ago). I just looked it up and it appears they have increased a bit. I would check FB marketplace or Craigslist.

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

I feel like unless you have a very expensive stroller there's nothing to worry about. I actually usually buy my strollers just for Disney the one I just bought was $200 and if someone feels a need to steal a $200 stroller to make money maybe they need it more than me ,but unless you have an extremely expensive stroller I don't think you should be concerned.

Upvote 0

DisAl

You don't need anything expensive or elaborate, just make sure it is one that you are comfortable pushing 6 to 8 miles a day! ;)

Upvote 0

correcaminos

We always brought our own stroller to help navigate the airports better and never had an issue with theft. I had one guy who apparently couldn't figure out which was his so he walked off with ours to have his family bring it back to us with full apologies.

We got ours on clearance and paid maybe $40-50 for it. For that price it's a no brainer to bring your own and not rent. Even if it gets stolen or broken in the process of being at Disney, it's still cheaper in the long run.

Upvote 0

hanwill

I have rented a stroller- Orlando stroller rental.com. I love them. I have rented from them for about 7 years, and have always had a good stroller. I mostly got it because my child could recline and take a nap in the stroller if needed and we could use it to and from the bus stop. Their stroller are always clean as well... I get insurance ($15) in case the stroller gets stolen but it never has... And I have had many years of little kids needing a stroller down there (past 19 and counting)... nothing has ever been stolen.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

Not having any need for a stroller and haven' t used one in many years. Question---- is there no way to lock the wheels with something like a simple bike cable lock if you are concerned with potential theft.

Upvote 0

DisAl

Not having any need for a stroller and haven' t used one in many years. Question---- is there no way to lock the wheels with something like a simple bike cable lock if you are concerned with potential theft.
Some do, some don't depending on the wheel type.
We also have one family member that requires a wheelchair. The first time we took it I took a bicycle lock but decided not to use it out of courtesy for the CMs that have to move the strollers and wheelchairs around. Dragging the chair around with a locked wheel could have damaged the wheel too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom