Stroller Sun Shade - Worth the $$??

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
We were shopping online for a stroller sun shade - the tie-on type that extend the overall coverage of your stroller. Anyone had experience with these in the parks? Are they worth the hassle? We bought a new Chicco Liteway stroller that has a decent shade, but it's not overly large. Our daughter will be 7 months on our trip in a week and we just don't want to get down there and worry about her baking in the Florida sun!

Thanks!

erstwo

I would say - absolutely YES!! When we went last June we brought one for extra sun protection for our daughter (who was 2 then) and it was great! It would extend far enough to shade even her toes. But I am a big into sun protection. :)

Here is a not so great pic of the shade on our tiny stroller.
4663275114_c04c7abec9_b.jpg

It is not fully extended here,(you couldn't really have it fully extended and take a picture where you could see her) but you get the idea.

woodardfamily

We were shopping online for a stroller sun shade - the tie-on type that extend the overall coverage of your stroller. Anyone had experience with these in the parks? Are they worth the hassle? We bought a new Chicco Liteway stroller that has a decent shade, but it's not overly large. Our daughter will be 7 months on our trip in a week and we just don't want to get down there and worry about her baking in the Florida sun!

Thanks!

Could you post a link to one? We may look into one as well, but we are also looking for a double stroller as well. Have a great trip!

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
I would say - absolutely YES!! When we went last June we brought one for extra sun protection for our daughter (who was 2 then) and it was great! It would extend far enough to shade even her toes. But I am a big into sun protection. :)

Here is a not so great pic of the shade on our tiny stroller.
4663275114_c04c7abec9_b.jpg

It is not fully extended here,(you couldn't really have it fully extended and take a picture where you could see her) but you get the idea.

Thanks for the advice!!!

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
Back from our trip and I can say this was the best $25 we spent! It was very sunny and VERY hot the whole time we were there and this kept our daughter from baking in the Orlando sun...thanks to all for the advice!

FYI - we found ours on Amazon.com - Protect-A-Bub. Worked perfectly on a Chicco Liteway stroller!!

erstwo

Thank you! I am amazed by anyone who can sew. I have not a crafty bone in my body.

I bought that dress from the Etsy (etsy.com) seller Everything Abigail. She still sells the same dress and she was wonderful to work with!

Judyilana

stroller sun shade

I use a great sun shade that fits any stroller. It is like putting sunglasses on the stroller, not on your toddler. It is called bebe-soleil and can be purchased on Amazon.com. My toddler loves it because she can see through it. I love it because it protects her entire face.

BrownEyedGrrl

I recommend it 100%! We used one on our 8 month old foster son's stroller last year, and it was awesome. Complete shade made for some really good naps. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom