Stroller Stolen Downtown Disney near Rainforest Cafe

kettcobb

Just another person with no apparent interest in this forum, joins only after a bad experience on Disney property to complain about it. I'm sorry your stroller was stolen, but it's a public mall and any unattended and unlocked item is pretty much fair game whether it be an expensive stroller or an expensive bike.

Out of curiosity, how long have you lived in Florida. You say you're only 15 minutes from WDW and this was your first time close to it?

Not sure it makes it 'fair game'.

(Get the point you're trying to make but could have been worded much better)

BigTxEars

I am sure someone could sue but it seems to me Florida is a pretty common sense type of state when it comes to these matters and I would guess the lawsuit would not go forward long. Some other areas of the U.S. I have no doubt the lawsuit could progress sadly.

rob0519

Not sure it makes it 'fair game'.

(Get the point you're trying to make but could have been worded much better)

Kettcobb, You're absolutely right. It could have been worded much better. Fair game was a poor choice of words. I should have said something like an unattended stroller or bike in such a public place is a target for theives.

kettcobb

Either way, your point is valid.

We leave our pushchair (stroller to you Americans) in the specific parking places for them in the parks but outside of the parks we don't leave them unattended because of theft risk.

NormC

I am sure someone could sue but it seems to me Florida is a pretty common sense type of state when it comes to these matters and I would guess the lawsuit would not go forward long. Some other areas of the U.S. I have no doubt the lawsuit could progress sadly.
Tell that to the Mommies with their panties in a twist about their special kids that can't wait in the lines caused by the new Guest Access policies. That lawsuit should have been tossed.

BigTxEars

Tell that to the Mommies with their panties in a twist about their special kids that can't wait in the lines caused by the new Guest Access policies. That lawsuit should have been tossed.

Not sure about the details on that one to be honest.

But someone getting hurt while trying to steal something is pretty open and closed in my book and from what I have seen from Florida law it would be there as well.

MissingDisney

Clearly, there is some type of craziness going on here because NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND could live 15 mins. out from WDW and have never been there until now (presumably an adult, now a parent, etc...). The story about someone snagging the stoller is just added nonsense to minimize the true crime here...a lifetime of no Disney living in Orlando?!?!
Seriously, over the years I've probably sat and watched 10 strollers being stolen right in front of me and never even knew it. People just walk up and roll them away like it's theirs. It's not like they say "hey, I'm stealing this!" All the security guards in the world wouldn't stop that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom