Stroller Stolen Downtown Disney near Rainforest Cafe

Kriseegirl

Original Poster
Just wanted to let all your name know, my stroller was stolen this past weekend at Downtown Disney. We left it first about 20 min, and upon return found no stroller &2 red, plastic pieces from my stroller torn off &discarded in the bushes. So be careful, it was a double stroller and not locked. Disney was super rude initially, and just now told me I can file a police report with Orange County Sheriff dept. So....use those wheel locks. This was our first time even close to Disney..I was so excited to finally get my husband there (we live about 15 min away) but doubt he'll ever agree to go back after this. Not what you want happening in this "family" place. Need more security guards I guess! And I know they could find it being stolen on video footage (I'm sure they have cameras everywhere),but if hey did, they aren't telling me! So be careful, it's a bad world out there. Hated explaining to my 4 yr old why our stroller is gone. Not Disney magic!

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I don't think a bunch of security guards would make the place very magical.
a1716575-224-Disney-Officer-Goofy-133191.jpg

G00fyDad

Just wanted to let all your name know, my stroller was stolen this past weekend at Downtown Disney. We left it first about 20 min, and upon return found no stroller &2 red, plastic pieces from my stroller torn off &discarded in the bushes. So be careful, it was a double stroller and not locked. Disney was super rude initially, and just now told me I can file a police report with Orange County Sheriff dept. So....use those wheel locks. This was our first time even close to Disney..I was so excited to finally get my husband there (we live about 15 min away) but doubt he'll ever agree to go back after this. Not what you want happening in this "family" place. Need more security guards I guess! And I know they could find it being stolen on video footage (I'm sure they have cameras everywhere),but if hey did, they aren't telling me! So be careful, it's a bad world out there. Hated explaining to my 4 yr old why our stroller is gone. Not Disney magic!

Don't let something like this ruin your idea of Disney. And speaking as someone in the criminal justice field, more security does not equate to lower crime. Go back, take wheel locks with you, and enjoy your visit. (A simple bicycle lock will do the trick too. Although, please do not ever lock it to anything stationary. Lock the wheels to the stroller frame and make it noticeable.

Sorry about your stroller.
I'm confused on what the wheel locks would do though....anyone could just pop them up. I view those more for not letting the stroller roll away.

http://www.buggygear.com/products/heart-retractable-stroller-lock

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Don't let something like this ruin your idea of Disney. And speaking as someone in the criminal justice field, more security does not equate to lower crime. Go back, take wheel locks with you, and enjoy your visit. (A simple bicycle lock will do the trick too. Although, please do not ever lock it to anything stationary. Lock the wheels to the stroller frame and make it noticeable.
Growing up, we always locked our bikes to bike racks or other stationary objects.

Have the rules changed?

HRHPrincessAriel

http://www.buggygear.com/products/heart-retractable-stroller-lock
I never knew such things existed.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If you were to secure your personal property to a stationary object and the perp injured themselves whilst in the process of pilfering your property they could sue you for personal injuries.
How would they know who you were if you aren't there when they get hurt?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom